Voices, accents and dialects.

Learning English at school!? That's a myth. It's well known that English is learnt through video games and internet.

On-Topic: Cyaloom, is Venetian just a dialect of Italian or a full language by own right

Sorry for the late response...

Anyways, I study english at school - in fact, it was there that I've been told I have an american accent. But here is the thing: by studying english at school, I wouldn't be really this good, and I'd probably have a different accent - you could understand immediately that english is not my first language.

In videogames, songs and youtube videos (and here to a certain degree) you can not only improve written english but also the pronunciation.

I might have this american accent because of Jerma985 and Star_, TF2 players and youtubers I used to enjoy watching

That aside, I don't think I'd speak english like this if I didn't start studying it at school when I was about 5.

And on the other question, this is still unclear! Venetian could just look like a dialect of italian, but there are some words and grammar that don't have anything in common with italian. Also, there can be even different variations of Venetian. In every city you could find slight differences.

Edited by Cyaloom

I like hearing different accents because it's something fresh and adds some flair to conversation.

HOWEVER, certain accents can get annoying if I hear them too much and I'm in a bad mood.

I personally don't have MUCH of an accent.

I don't know how noticeable it is either.

It's more of a plain accent with hints of two different ones.

I kinda like my accent though.

And my voice.

Love my own voice.

But for some reason I hate it when I hear it recorded sometimes.

OH WELL, WHAT CAN YOU DO??!?