Staraptor

Smeargle

Meloetta

Details

Ditto/Choice Scarf/Imposter

Nature:Bold

EV: HP 248, 252 Def, 8 Sp.def

-Transform

This guy is quite universal. Can fill the scout role with imposter and sweeper role if put out in the best time against a sweeper. Choice scarf is there to make him outspeed the original.

Lopunny/Lopunnite/Limber

Nature:Adamant

EV: Atk 252, 4 Sp.def, 252 Spd

-Fake-out

-High Jump Kick

-Return

-Ice Punch

This team's Mega and true sweeper. Counters Steel, Ice and other Normal, partially bug. If I figure out a way for it to survive, good late game sweeper.

Porygon2/No item/Download

Nature: Quiet

EVs: 252 Def, 4 Sp.Atk, 252 Sp.def

-Psychic

-Thunderbolt

-Ice Beam

-Return

Team wall. Still trying find a way to defend the team while raining pain. This was suggested because this thing survived a M-Lopunny High Jump Kick (Mine, mind you)

Staraptor/Choice Band/Reckless (Bound to completely change out due to issues with Smeargle)

Nature:Jolly

EV: 252 atk, 4 Sp.def, 252 Spd

-Brave Bird

-Double Edge

-Close Combat

-U-turn

Team univeral attacker in physical. Can cover fighting, dark, and ice which is beneficial for Meloetta. I tended this guy to be a suicidal lead but it misses my Smeargle.

Smeargle/Focus Sash/Technician

Nature:Timid

EV: 248 HP, 8 sp.def, 252 spd

-Stealth rock

-Sticky web

-Spore

-Rapid Spin

Team's support. He supports the team by putting up stealth rocks and slowing the opponents with sticky web. If there is hazards, rapid spin.

Meloetta/Leftovers/Serene Grace

Nature: Modest

EV: HP 248, sp. atk, 252, 8 sp.def

-Calm Mind

-Shadow Ball

-Focus Blast

-Psychic

Team secondary sweeper and leaning to more bulk and special than Lopunny. Can cover Fighting, ghost, psychic, steel, and ice.

Threats

I haven't truly tested this team out but Rotom-f can pose major problems. Without Meloetta and Lopunny, it can destory the entire team. And I am new to the competitive scene so I don't know entire inside and outside of the threats.

Importable

Huehue (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
Beauty (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
Uwotm8 (Porygon2)
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Return
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Mike (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Rapid Spin
Michella (Meloetta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Edited by OmegaRa1der

I've been playing monotype a lot, and it is a very offensive tier, with all the M Lopunny(Sableye and Mono Flying out there, I'd say Smeargle should be replaced, you should try either Chansey (I hate it, but it's the best defensive thing you can get), Physically defensive staravia (Intimidate+Feather dance), or Diggersby/Porygon Z if you're more like an Hyper Offensive player, Ditto is cool, but it doesn't come in handy every single time, so you might consider changing it for something else

Tbh. i don't really get that P2, if you want it to be offensive, you should be using Tri Attack instead of Return. Or use PZ, which is the better attacker overall. But itshould be your physical wall (if you take Chansey, which I really think you should) give it Eviolite and HP instead of Sp.Def EVs, Bold, and Recover and Toxic/T-Wave. And if you wanna keepan Electric attack, make it Discharge.

Also, this is more of a preference thing, but IMO Charge Beam with AV is better than CM with Lefties Meloetta.

Tbh. i don't really get that P2, if you want it to be offensive, you should be using Tri Attack instead of Return. Or use PZ, which is the better attacker overall. But itshould be your physical wall (if you take Chansey, which I really think you should) give it Eviolite and HP instead of Sp.Def EVs, Bold, and Recover and Toxic/T-Wave. And if you wanna keepan Electric attack, make it Discharge.

Also, this is more of a preference thing, but IMO Charge Beam with AV is better than CM with Lefties Meloetta.

Totally agree!, Return Porygon 2?... No... you need Tri Attack!, and Recover...then maybe Toxic or TWave, and Ice Beam...even Magic Coat, but why Return?

Alright, first of all, why P2? Because it's more defensive than PZ which is more sweeper but I have M-Lopunny and Meloetta for that. And I will experiment between PZ and Chansey.

EDIT: Also a reason why Ditto should be kept is turn 18 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/reborn-monotype-23495

Edited by OmegaRa1der

I've been playing Normal Mono for a while and in my experience, Porygon2 is far superior to Chansey. In fact, I'd say Porygon2 is one of the best walls available, period.

The set I use is the following:

The Best (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
This spread allows Porygon2 to completely wall out most opponents. T-Wave the first turn he's in to half the speed of your foe, then, if they believe they are strong enough, they'll try to break through the paralysis and your Porygon. But you only need to use Recover until eventually they are fully paralyzed for a turn, then you start firing off STAB Tri Attacks. These will do more than you expect. Ice Beam is present for three of the most common monos atm: Dragon, Flying, and Ground. This will prevent a lot of teams from doing damage against you. Also Trace is used over Download because your opponent will use the best abilities they possibly can. You might as well steal them over getting a Stat boost which may help you or it may be useless. I was playing the other day against a Fire mono and I traced his Heatran's Flash Fire and I won because all his STAB moves simply got absorbed while I Para-ed and Tri Attacked him.
i'm going to be straight up with you: I don't like your Meloetta set that much. The thing with Meloetta is it has some bulk, but it is still rather easily taken down. Calm Mind won't help much with that. Meloetta benefits more from an immediate power boost and the ability to utilize its quite strong Special Attack stat while still taking care of the one weakness Normal has (that being Fighting). I prefer to run
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Hyper Voice
with Dazzling Gleam to deal with certain Fighting types like Scrafty and other Dark types that want to kill Meloetta, Psychic for STAB and coving Fighting, HP Rock to help with another two common monos in Bug and Fire and Hyper Voice for a strong STAB move which can bypass Substitutes. Life Orb allows for more immediate power to secure more kills before switching out. Fairly straight forward.
I also haven't really seen a need for the removal of hazards that much in Mono Type as it is a very fast paced and offensive metagame, especially on a Normal team. if this were Bug or Fire, that'd be another story. But Normal doesn't really require getting rid of SR or Spikes much since not to many will use them against you. As such, I'd recommend a slight alteration to your Smeargle set-
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore / Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Topsy-Turvy
It's pretty straight forward. Spore for reliable sleep, Dark Void if you expect a grass team. SR to break Sash, Sturdy, and Multiscale. Sticky Web to slow your foes down. And then the kicker- Topsy-Turvy. TT is all by forgotten in battles because only two pokemon can learn it normally (Inkay and Malamar) and Smeargle can steal it from them with Sketch. What it does in inverse all the stat changes the target has. If your sash is intact, you can simply bring it in on a Volcarona who just set up six Quiver Dances and suddenly it is a Volcarona at -6 Special Stats and Speed. It's quite handy and unexpected.
Since if you follow my changes, you'll be ditching Hazard control, you'll want to change up Staraptor. A defensive set with
Talonflame (Staraptor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Tailwind / U-Turn / Defog
would likely work best to wall and intimidate the things which other members of your team could not. Brave Bird and Close Combat are there for Fighting and Steel/Rock respectively. Roost to handle SR damages. Tailwind is my move of choice to allow another member to shine when Staraptor is doomed, but U-Turn for momentum and Defog for Hazard Support (if you really want it) also work.
Good luck and I hope your team works out!