Trick Room + Curse?

HelloMegan

I don't really recommend it. Trick Room only lasts 5 turns in total. ((and you lose one swtiching out.)) and then using those turns to set up Curses pretty much wastes most of the turns of Trick Room. You don't have ht luxury of time to set-up since you have 4 turns to work with. As such is is jsut better to use Slow heavy hitters that don't need to set up and are very threatening from the beginning, rather than rely on Curse to make you scary but squander your T-Room turns.

If you really want to make it work, just set up before activating Trick Room. Once you have Cursed 6 times, then you activate Trick Room and become unstoppable.

Edit: This will only truly work in doubles with Curse and TR being on separate mons.

well it could be best used in a double as hakuna said trick room will be gone before you win in singles or you can just use a Slowking or slowbro cause they get both and have the lowest speed with it anyhow i suggest to use in doubles only

Edited by NovaKnight

If you really want to make it work, just set up before activating Trick Room. Once you have Cursed 6 times, then you activate Trick Room and become unstoppable.

The only non-ghost pokemon that can learn TR and Curse are Slowpoke/bro/king, Exeggutor, Espeon, Chingling/Chimecho and Munna/Musharna. From these none is a physical attacker that can utilize the Curse boosts in single battles. Unless you are talking for double battles so you can pair a Trick Room user with a Curse set-upper, but still it's too situational and it's better to pair with a slow hard-hitter to take advantage of the TR immedietelly

The only non-ghost pokemon that can learn TR and Curse are Slowpoke/bro/king, Exeggutor, Espeon, Chingling/Chimecho and Munna/Musharna. From these none is a physical attacker that can utilize the Curse boosts in single battles. Unless you are talking for double battles so you can pair a Trick Room user with a Curse set-upper, but still it's too situational and it's better to pair with a slow hard-hitter to take advantage of the TR immedietelly

Never said it was the best strat, I just suggested how he could potentially make it work. I thought it was implied to require doubles since you want to be setting up and then utilizing those boosts and then activate TR. I'll edit my post to reflect this.

also inb4 physical Espeon

Never said it was the best strat, I just suggested how he could potentially make it work. I thought it was implied to require doubles since you want to be setting up and then utilizing those boosts and then activate TR. I'll edit my post to reflect this.

also inb4 physical Espeon

Na... Physical Sylveon so much better. #PixlateDoubleEdge

In all seriousness though, It's best to just have things that Utilize it without needing to set-up.

Exeggutor has 95 base attack and access to Wood Hammer, Seed Bomb, Egg Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Sleep Powder. It's a pretty good base for setting up.

Slowking has 110 base Sp. Def, a not-horrible 75 base attack, Zen Headbutt, Brick Break and annoyingly no Waterfall. It could work.

Espeon, Chimercho and Musharna don't have anything to work with. Which only shows that Gen 1 Pokemon were more versatile.

Exeggutor has 95 base attack and access to Wood Hammer, Seed Bomb, Egg Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Sleep Powder. It's a pretty good base for setting up.

Slowking has 110 base Sp. Def, a not-horrible 75 base attack, Zen Headbutt, Brick Break and annoyingly no Waterfall. It could work.

Espeon, Chimercho and Musharna don't have anything to work with. Which only shows that Gen 1 Pokemon were more versatile.

I know that they have some good physical attacks, but if you consider that they had to carry both TR and Curse they would have limited attack options left (I had in mind that they would be used for single battles!)

Also Slowking can learn Ice Punch, Earthquake and Drain Punch for some odd reason :/