Rain Dance Team

Ganolth

So I have done a Sunny day team(My awesome fire mono run) and have done a Sandstorm team(My excellent ground mono run team). Well I thought to myself why haven't I done anything with Rain dance? So I want to make a Rain dance team, but don't know water Pokemon like I know fire and ground. Suggestions also what Pokemon should I use as a starter of any?

So, I'd suggest you get your self a Squirtle as your starter.. It is actually the only water type to benefit from rain(until we get the mega stone for swampert.).. I'll try and suggest a team as well, though I am nowhere near as good as Etesian..

Blastoise @Damp Rock

Rain Dish

-Hydro Pump

-Flash Cannon

-Rain Dance

-Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere

Blastoise is sturdy enough to almost always allow the use of Rain Dance.. Along with that it gets decent moves as well.. You can choose ay of the three between Flash Cannon/Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse depending on what you need to attack..

Ludicolo

Swift Swim

-Scald

-Ice Beam

-Giga Drain

-Hyper Voice

In the rain it becomes fast, and with a decent Sp.Att, it can really pound it's enemies.. Scald and Ice Beam can be obtained by breeding through episode 12.. Check out the guide pinned in this subforum.. I'm not sure about Hyper Voice and Giga Drain, but I think you can get those as well..

Heliolisk @Leftovers

Dry Skin

-Thunder

-Protect

-HP (coverage)

-Dark Pulse

Gives you that THUNDER!!! Plus a little more coverage.. HP can be anything that your team ends up missing..

Noivern

Infiltrator

-Boomburst

-Hurricane

-Dragon Pulse

-Roost

As Noir said, Hurricane Spam..

Seismitoad @Leftovers

Swift Swim

-Drain Punch

-Aqua Ring

-Earthquake

-Hydro Pump

STAB EQ, nuff said.. Though seriously, I kind like toady and I think he is worth a shot.. He is bulky enough and with Aqua Ring and Leftovers he will regain a bunch of HP...

Apart from these, you can try pokemon like Beartic, who gets a good speed boost to it's bulk with Swift Swim.. Dragalge can learn Thunder and Hydropump, to make good use of rain, and give you coverage.. Armaldo is another option, giving you some variety, but getting hit by water moves would surely be painful for it..

So, I'd suggest you get your self a Squirtle as your starter.. It is actually the only water type to benefit from rain..

Um...what?

Only starter Pokemon that learns Rain Dance without TM I understand, but only Pokemon to benefit from Rain is completely wrong.

Again, though, the starter of choice depends on whether or not you want an early Rain Dance, considering you have Ducklett/Lotad (I could be wrong) as obtainable options before Florinia. Any Water type can benefit from Rain so you're free to pick any starter you want unless you want more Rain setters.

Electric types, particularly Heliolisk benefit from Rain due to Thunder, Surf and Dry Skin. You can get it before Corey.

Toxicroak is also a pretty good Pokemon to use in the Rain; Noibat is also an early-game grab you can pick up that benefits from Rain due to Hurricane spam as it evolves into Noivern.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

That was kinda what I was thinking. I want some good pokemon that have abilities that benefit from rain. Also just a note it does not have to be a water pokemon. It just needs to benefit from rain.

Edited by Ganolth

Um...what?

Only starter Pokemon that learns Rain Dance without TM I understand, but only Pokemon to benefit from Rain is completely wrong.

Again, though, the starter of choice depends on whether or not you want an early Rain Dance, considering you have Ducklett/Lotad (I could be wrong) as obtainable options before Florinia. Any Water type can benefit from Rain so you're free to pick any starter you want unless you want more Rain setters.

Electric types, particularly Heliolisk benefit from Rain due to Thunder, Surf and Dry Skin. You can get it before Corey.

Toxicroak is also a pretty good Pokemon to use in the Rain; Noibat is also an early-game grab you can pick up that benefits from Rain due to Hurricane spam as it evolves into Noivern.

Ya I was editing my post about the starters..

Oh you already have a Politoed.. Then I would suggest skip out on the Blastoise.. It doesn't do too much for attacks.. My main reason to take it was that it sets up RD, but with drizzletoad you don't need it.. You should probably get a Swampert/Feraligatr..

Get yourself a Ludicolo, Heliolisk and Noivern and set up a rotation..

Unless I find something I like more or someone suggests something I will probably go with something like this.

Update:

Blastoise Rain Dish

Politoed Drizzle

Kabutops Swift Swim

Jynx Dryskin

Goodra Hydration

Pikachu Lightning Rod

The best starter you can choose is Squirtle, since there are no megas yet and rains heal due yo it's ability Rain Dish, or you can get Mudkip and get the Squirtle later i the game.

Other suggestions I have:

Swift Swim Ludicolo;, it is a monster and has THE movepool.

Kingdra... Just another monster.

Politoed (if you can get a Kings Rock)

Kabutops for the physical power.

And... I'd say anything that can abuse Thunder(Ampharos, a somehow offensive Lanturn) and/or Hurricane (Noivern).