Aurorus moveset?

pyrromanis

I'm currently breeding an amaura and I'm not sure what ability and moveset i should decide.
In one hand I can go with refrigirate and echoed voice(hyper voice once available)/ancientpower/discharge/freeze dry
and on the other hand with snow warning and blizzard/ancientpower/discharge/freeze dry.

I know that blizzard outdamages echoed voice even after 3 uses and hits 2 pokemon in double battles, but I really hate the side damage of hail for my team.
Also discharge is outclassed by freeze dry and I am thinking to replace it for thunder wave for 100% chance of paralisis.
Other notable moves I noticed are charge beam, dark pulse, frost breath, water pulse and light screen but doesn't seem enough for a moveslot

What are your suggestions and what ability should I choose?
In addition I should inform you that i don't want to breed any TMs from pre-E13

PS: Why does Aurorus learn dream eater??? How can that cute little face is feeding on my dreams? That's creepy!

Well, it depends on the needs for your team, if you don't enjoy the hail, then use Refrigerate, with those moves: Thunder Wave/Encore, Freeze Dry, Ancient Power/Nature Power and Ice Beam

If you are using Snow Warning, then definetly Blizzard over Ice Beam...but that's pretty much it.

It doesn't have the best movepool tbh, and it relies a lot in move tutors (The Refrigerate one)

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

I'd say go get Rock Polish. The only things preventing Aurorus from sweeping are it's defenses and Speed, RP lets you patch the latter issue while mitigating the former since you wouldn't be getting hit nearly as much. Set up an RP on something that can't hit you super-effectively (in which case Aurorus bulk isn't even that bad, 123-72-92 is pretty good actually) and spam Echoed Voice. Should work so long as the foe has no SE hits for you. Rock Polish mean that you have to ditch Discharge, but you already said you were considering T-Wave and a resisted second EV is as strong as a neutral Discharge is anyways.

I'd also say get HP Rock over Ancient Power, you'd have way more uses, which should be far more useful than an effect with a 10% chance.

We don't have access to Echoed Voice either, but both can be easily bred if you go back to E12.

Either way, I'd say don't use Snow Warning, it's a completely useless ability if you don't use Blizzard.

Aurorus is a really cool Pokemon but I can never get myself to use it because of it's typing. It just has bad matchups wherever it goes and it's not like it has extraordinary bulk or anything.

If you don't want Hail then you just have to not go for Blizzard. Freeze Dry for good better coverage and Ice Beam or Frost Breath for a stronger STAB. You could also consider Encore and Hyper Beam.

Discharge isn't really that good as you said, Freeze Dry outclasses it and Discharge also hits your ally in Doubles.

Hyper Voice would be amazing but it's not available in-game.

Echoed Voice is actually available, on the slopes of Ametrine Mountain. Frustration is also certainly inside the network of Ametrine-Celestine-Citrine, after some Dive spots.

TM46 - Thief

Found in Ametrine City, south of the Ice-skating place

Tm49 - Echoed Voice

Ametrine Mountain (outside - labeled as Ametrine City) - after the big staircase follow the path a bit an then go right around that rock and follow that path.

(there is also an Ice Gem on that white rock next to it)

Edited by Odybld