Onix/ Ground Mono Run

Ganolth

I know there is an Onix event in the beginning of the game, but no clue how to trigger it after you catch Whismur. I am starting a Ground Mono run so any other early Ground type information would be helpful and appreciated

For My Ground Mono Run I am going to run a Curse/Trick Room team.

This is hopefully the eventual team possibilities

Torterra

Golem

Rhyperior

Steelix

Swampert

Flygon

Nidoking

Nidoqueen

Golurk

Edited by Ganolth

I made a post on Team Showcase detailing at which point early game you can get Pokemon of each type, you can view it here http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14182 . And to answer the question about Onix, it has to be after the First Gym (and I've heard it needs to be raining), then you'll talk to a hiker in the bottom of Peridot Ward.

Edited by BIGJRA

After the whimsur go talk to someone just south of that, a guy that looks like a rock climber. He will tell you that he needs a house to live in(something like that) then go back to the house where you got whimsur and talk to the owner. Then back to the guy, then back to the owner, then back to the house withe guy in it as the new owner and voila.

I did a ground monorun and had the same idea with trick room but there is one problem: the only ground type that learns trick room is claydol! I did used trick room claydol and golurk and swept charlotte in 5 turns but other than this I don't find any other major battle to use trick room (at least at the current episode). Also until we can get reflect and light screen I can't see claydol doing anything other than setting TR or spaming cosmic power for stall. Although it's levitate ability synergizes well with all your other pokemon I think it would be better to invest time to train some faster pokemon like krookodile, excadrill, gliscor etc to help you out with faster threats. Also consider using cumerupt, donphan or diggersby! The were really awesome and helped in many key battles :)

I did a ground monorun and had the same idea with trick room but there is one problem: the only ground type that learns trick room is claydol! I did used trick room claydol and golurk and swept charlotte in 5 turns but other than this I don't find any other major battle to use trick room (at least at the current episode). Also until we can get reflect and light screen I can't see claydol doing anything other than setting TR or spaming cosmic power for stall. Although it's levitate ability synergizes well with all your other pokemon I think it would be better to invest time to train some faster pokemon like krookodile, excadrill, gliscor etc to help you out with faster threats. Also consider using cumerupt, donphan or diggersby! The were really awesome and helped in many key battles :)

Where do I find Sandile at? I was going to use Camerupt as a spot holder