The devil is alive - ORAS OU

Follow

Ever asked yourself if the devil is alive? I have your answer, yes, it's alive, in the form of a fairy bird with a cute face. Well, this is literally my first try at OU teambuilding that isn't complete trash, the advice is always important and all that. I didn't lose with team yet.

togekiss.gif

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot/Dazzling Gleam
THIS, I'm in love with this thing, it's the most annoying thing ever, my opponent will have 20% chance to resist my overpowered flinches. Steel types are walling me? Aura sphere say no. Roost is here over nasty plot so I will stay longer in the battle filed. Ah, and I'm using dazzling gleam for now, but nasty plot is another option.
celebi.gif
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
Defensive Celebi so I can deal with threats like excadrill, mega lopunny if it does not carry ice punch, and it also destroys breloom. About heal bell and natural cure: Heal bell is to support my other guys, a paralyzed mega lopunny/devilkiss is extremely bad, so a cleric is important. Recover is obligatory, really.
heatran.gif
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Earth power
- Protect/Will-O-Wisp
SpDef Heatran is good, walling a lot of things in the tier, like talonflame, serperior, zard y, mega venusaur and skarmory. Lava plume is really useful, stealth rocks are important to lopunny, togekiss and drill, so I can break a potential focus sash/sturdy user and make everything a lot easier, the toxic protect is really useful, but I'm thinking about earth power to catch heatrans, and WoW to deal with switch-ins like tyranitar and gyarados.
slowbro.gif
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 140 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
Mixed Wall to deal with everything heatran and celebi cannot deal with. It checks mega metagross, celebi can normally deal with metagross, but if it's packing ice punch slowbro is the perfect counter, since it can paralyze it and hit hard with foul play. So, if you put slowbro, celebi and heatran together you get a nice defensive core with no weaknesses (maybe gengar weak, but... eh, heatran can deal with it even if it's packing focus miss)
lopunny.gif
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
I love mega lopunny, actually, I love everything with more than 110 base speed stat. This set is really standard, frustration is for dittos btw. Lopunny can check gengar unless my opponent predict the switch and use focus miss/sludge wave. Anyways, this is a fanatstic revenge killer/cleaner, all I have to do is send it out in the right moment when my opponent has been weakened due to hazards and by my other memebers, then have fun.
excadrill.gif
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
Well, this is here for speed control, speedy things, like mega manectric, mega aerodactyl, tornadus-t, etc. And for the spin, since hazard stacking is really annoying for this team. Anyways, scarf excadrill outspeed any other non-scarf pokemon in the tier, so the speed control is ok.
Problems
Azumarill: If it can set up I will get destroyed.
Gengar: If it's packing focus blast and two stabs it can hit everything in my team super effective.

Well one thing you need to worry about with your team is bisharp. Yes togekiss and your teammates can deal with it, but if it pursuit traps Celebi, you need to have some way to get out of that. I've recently been running Latias with HP Fighting as with 0 EV's it can OHKO non special defensive bisharp/ non assault vest bisharp. I would say to put that on your Celebi too, along with some sp. attack EV's as it doesn't have as high a sp. attack stat as Latias. You can either do this, or predict switches like a friggin monster, but I honestly find this way to be safer. As for dealing with Azumarill, for it to be a set up user it has to have belly drum and Aqua Jey, no questions asked. They will probably run play rough and either knock off for slowbro or Superpower for Ferrothorn. However, what you're suppose to do is keep slowbro alive. This thing is a tank. If it can't take a knock off then you may need to replace something to beat azumarill. Gengar can be tricky to beat at times, but Scarf Excadrill can revenge kill nicely, especially if you bait the sludge bomb/wave using togekiss. Aside from these things, this team actually looks really good. Just make sure to keep hazards away, predict well, and set up only when necessary. You're team has some pretty good pokemon and I wouldn't be surprised if you did win a lot of matches with it... Just watch out for set up sweepers. They're all pretty nasty.

Run this set on Celebi:

Celebi @ Leftovers

80 HP 252 SpAtk 176 Spe Modest (0 Atk IVs)

Nasty Plot

Recover

Giga Drain

Earth Power/Hp Fighting/Psychic

You are trading off Heal Bell support and some bulk, but do you really need it with a team like this? With Nasty Plot and full SpAtk investiments, Celebi can now reliably OHKO Azu while still avoiding to be OHKOed by non-Belly Drummed Knock Off. So now your Azu problem is solved. In the fourth slot, Psychic kills Breloom (not recommended, because Breloom is set-up bait to this Celebi anyway), HP Fighting kills Bisharp and Earth Power kills Heatran. Pick the one you feel you need the most.

With this, all your problems are solved except Gengar: I honestly don't know what to suggest to counter that guy, without snaturating the team...

I don't see how King's Rock helps Togekiss, as it is supposed to add a 10% chance of flinching on moves that do not have it. I'm not sure Serene Grace boosts it either. In my opinion, running Leftovers benefits you more, as it provides enough recovery to pull a Nasty plot, without taking a turn for Roost.

You could also use Life Orb, though I don't recommend it here.

As far as Slowbro goes, I think Scald-burn and Foul play is a bad combination. Since Slowbro is already a tank, you can tweak the EVs more to defense and run a Calm Mind set. This way, even if still weak to dark type attacks, you keep your bro alive, and possibly slow sweep. You will be able to deal with Scizor, Talonflame and Landorus-t better.

I would keep Heal Bell on Celebi, because status pretty much cripples Excadrill and Lopunny.

Lookin real nice n powerful! But you have too many uneccesisary walls on your team. Celebi does great as it's own special wall, as does Slowbro with defense.

Try running this on Celebi

251.gif

CELEBRATE (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 HP / 76 SpA / 184 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

Celebi can easily take care of Belly Drum Azumarill...

Heatran reeeeally does not fit on your team. You probably want a Lati wall right? Celebi gatchhuuu boo :3

I nice replacement 2 Heatran is Choice Specs Noivern.

noivern_sprite_by_noscium-d6k1c0x.png

BLASPHEMY (Noivern) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

Can deal with Belly Drum Azumarill quite easily and also Gengar.

Scarfed Togekiss is so gross. You don't really need a king's rock as 60% chance to flinch is grande enough.

Maybe This? n_n

468-shiny-back.png<(U wanna fite m8?)

Queen Aleena (Togekiss) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog

I used to run a scarfed Kiss back in Pokenations, she is soooooog GooooooooooooooooD.

Have u tried running Power-up Punch on Lopunny b4?

Slowbro is gud but Foul is unessisary. As Slowbro is not a very good physical attacker + u r bold natured so that contradicts itself tbh fran.

Try this fran [;

pokemon_slowbroSprite.gif

Misora (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

You know,,, Excadrill also doesn't fit as a scarfed pokemon with Rapid Spin and Togekiss. TRY DIGGERSBY THO.

Diggersby can nail Gengar wth Foul Play, but its really situational. I prefer running Swords Dance for extra bring dat ass herery.

660.png

Bring Dat Ass Here (Diggersby) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

He REAALLY does not need to be jolly. He can outspeed and straight up ohko Rotom after Swords Dance, can set up on Hippowdon, Sylveon etc. Can 2ohko Clefable and eat up any moonblasts. AND he get all the Lopunnies. Top Kek I say. Top kek.

dmega_lopunny_sprite_pixel_over_by_thegredat face doe.

haaaayy (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Normal W/ Fighting and Scrappy is perfect coverage, and you can boost yourself even more fam. Seems like a great deal 2 me~
AND Lopunny FACKIN DESTROYS Gengar! Just use fake out if you need to mega and Return it fam??!!! Pretty ezpz livin greazy.

I don't see how King's Rock helps Togekiss, as it is supposed to add a 10% chance of flinching on moves that do not have it. I'm not sure Serene Grace boosts it either. In my opinion, running Leftovers benefits you more, as it provides enough recovery to pull a Nasty plot, without taking a turn for Roost.

You could also use Life Orb, though I don't recommend it here.

As far as Slowbro goes, I think Scald-burn and Foul play is a bad combination. Since Slowbro is already a tank, you can tweak the EVs more to defense and run a Calm Mind set. This way, even if still weak to dark type attacks, you keep your bro alive, and possibly slow sweep. You will be able to deal with Scizor, Talonflame and Landorus-t better.

I would keep Heal Bell on Celebi, because status pretty much cripples Excadrill and Lopunny.

I didn't know that thing you said about King's Rock. Also IIRC Foul Play doesn't take burns into account, so using it with Scald shouldn't be counter-productive.

And the only status that scares Lopunny and Excadrill is burn (on the account of Excadrill being immune to any other status and thus being able to freely switch into Toxic and T-Wave): of the most common WoW users, the set I suggested for Celebi counters Rotom-W, and Heatran counters pretty much anything else. This is why I don't think this team needs Heal Bell.

EDIT: yes I know I neglected to consider Sleep as a status, but nowadays Sleep is only ever inflicted via Spore, and Celebi easily beats all Spore users...

I'm pretty sure Foul Play takes the final attack stat into account.

I mentioned status in general, as burn is a threat for both and paralysis is more of a threat to Lopunny. Common users are Clefable, Slowbro and Thundurus. Also, with Serperior around, Glare is a move to paralyze even Excadrill. Uncommon, I know. It's just extra nitpicking.

+ if you are going for power-up punch, I suggest having drain punch over HJK.