RMT? Also help me find a 6th member!

KeJoKa

I'm near the start of the game but not new to Reborn, this is my 3rd playthrough. Both my previous 2 were before Gen 6 so there's lots of new updates even in locations I've been in.

Team so far:

Nickname Needed (Greninja) Lv 34

Cut

Water Pulse

Feint Attack

Round

Dragonfly (Flygon) Lv 33

Uproar

Dragon Claw

Rock Slide

Earthquake

There was a LOT of (read: too much) exp grinding involved here, and a ton of common candies after. Florinia y u has evul Cradily from hell :feelsgn:

Planned team includes Darmanitan, Gengar and Medicham. Yes they're so far away but I want those ;3;

Ideas for a 6th? I was toying with the idea of an electric type, but was torn between Manectric, Heliolisk and Galvantula. Or I'm open to something different entirely.

I'd prefer something that I can get sooner rather than later so that I don't have to keep lowering levels. Just defeated Corey if that's any reference to where I am.

You have put way too much time in training those (Y cut on Greninja? WHY?). Should've used Hariyama/Kricketune etc.
Galvantula is quite praised around here, as is Heliolisk (mainly on weather teams). Manectric is ok if you can get it HP Ice, but you get it pretty soon.
Helioptile takes its time to get actually useful (lvl 49 T-Bolt), but can be got at Beryl, while getting Joltik was a frustrating (curseword) chore to work through. Every time I thought I would have enough honey, NOPE, some more cobwebs...urgh.
But Galvantula is quite useful against Radomus and Luna, which it can be obtained before.
Emolga and Pachirisu can hax your opponent, making it easier for you to set up against them. Yanmega is also quite strong and can work with Flygon, too, just like Gengar. Also nice are Crobat and Honchcrow, although the latter gains less use after Radomus. And there's also Lucario...
You're probably going to want training more than 6, it's pretty hard to get around everywhere with less than 7 mons.

Edited by laggless01

Cut on greninja ..... whew dude that's pretty desperate HM slaves like rattata is what that is for .... , anyways yeah a good solid dark type wont go a miss when coming to shade seriously .... scrafty can be a life saver there or possibly houndoom (cant remember if you can get it at that point). Houndoom for later saved my ass on charlotte with flashfire making it basically invulnerable to eruption and pretty solidly paired with ninetails for that matchup , that combo also kicks ass for the double battle guy in armentine mountains after rescuing that girl (sorry terrible with names) Ninetails is a pretty standard choice if your team needs a fire type (well the game is pretty strangled for fire types get your fire types now before ame changes it for episode 15 , pyroar is going from the early trades and vulpix has been moved way back) you do need more than 6 pokemon for reborn even if all 6 have good coverage reborn will find a hole in your team and you will have to introduce someone new to the mix , if you are considering an electric type rotom (wash) you cant go far wrong if you are looking for coverage

(late game you get to change its form)

Edited by Hypa

You might want a way to counter Fairy types though. Seeing as you have Greninja, Medicham and Flygon who are weak to Fairy and Gengar who doesn't learn any Poison moves, you probably want a Steel or even Poison type in your team. You need something more bulky in my opinion like a Weezing or Magnezone.

I found that Leavanny can get you really far(And replace the freaking cut on that Greninja) Set up a sword dance or two and then Leaf Blade(Which it learns very early) and X-Scissor(Which it also learns very early) will kill everything in one hit. Also very good for sweeping Luna and Radomus.(I didn't even use X-Scissor for Radomus, just Leaf Blade)

Edited by Cyclonegale

Props to you for having come all the way up to Shelly with just two mons.

HOWEVER with that team in your trainer card of Greninja, Flygon, Rotom, Medicham, Darmanitan and Gengar... you do realize that up to Aya you have only 3 Pokemon this way? 4 maybe 5 up to Radomus and only after that comes the 6th. that's quite a long time with an inclomplete team and a lot of common candies.

So, for now I'd say go back to Jasper and get an Emolga. Nuzzle + Electroball + Acrobatics and Superfang will serve you well up to Radomus where you can get Galvantula a bit before, after that Samson doesn't like Emolga that much either.

Go to Beryl, get both a Diggersby (Bunnelby found there around 23-ish) and Dodrio (Doduo can be found at level 26-ish) Dodrio has swerved me well from Shelly up to Aya, destroying Kiki by itself after learning Drill Peck(41) and being the last one standing at Aya B(bitches didn't see what hit them)

Another option is to get the Drifloon at the Abandoned Powerplant. Drifblim wrecks pretty well too.

Edited by Helia