[Insert Witty Title Here] (OU RMT)

AuthorReborn

At A Glance:

Teambuilding Process:

What I was thinking as I made this team was pretty simple: I had recently become enamored by the growths Loppuny made after becoming a mega, so I decided to build a team around it. It's a fairly straightforward and simple team in most respects.

Analysis:

Lola (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
This is quite a basic set on Loppuny. Fake Out to safely Mega Evolve. Return to hit like a truck against most anything and Drain Punch to be able to have a bit of recovery while still being able to have strong fighting STAB move. Ice Punch for Lando-T/I, Gliscor, and most potential Flying type switches. One of my most often leads simply to be able to start claiming souls early on.
Mandatory Dragon (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
Latias is quite an important member. It walls Rotom-W's most used attacks (Hydro Pump and Volt Switch), while also being able to soak up unwanted status. This can deal with Keldeo and also removes hazards, while is pivotal for any team running Talonflame. If worst comes to worst and another of my mons is already in a bad condidtion but I need it for something else, I can Healing Wish and bright it right back up.
Dracula (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
You're a physical attacker, huh? And you thought you'd stay in on a Gliscor because...? Seriously though, Glicsor can survive a Waterfall from a Belly Drum/ AV Azu (prior to setting up for BD). It can set up my rocks, Toxic annoying stalls who seek to outstall it, and EQ most things which attempt to stay in. On top of that, Protect guarantees I can get my Toxic Orb to activate and gives my assured recovery in some cases.
Lightning Thingy (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
This spot was previously occupied by a Magnezone, although I feel Raikou fits my playstyle and team quite a bit better. T-Bolt to deal tons of Damage, HP Ice to strike fear into the hearts of dragons and ground types and ground/dragons looking at you, Garchomp. Volt Switch to predict the switches of my foes while still doing some decent damage. Shadow Ball for assisting against Lati@s. Quite straight forward.
Spookeh (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
This is the only interesting set I run on this team. Scarfed Gengar. Yes, you read that right. Scarfed Latios is a thing, so why not Gengar? They have the same base speed. Anyway, the highlight of this set is Trick. I cannot tell you how many teams I have crippled by Scarfing their Gliscor or their Ferro. The best part is that Gengar is even part poison, something most every other Trick user does not possess, which gives Gengar the edge of still being able to take Toxic Orbs and Black Sludge. The remainder of this set is a straight forward Gengar set: Shadow Ball for a strong STAB, Focus Miss Blast to handle Normal/Dark types, and Sludge Bomb to have decent chance to poison and to murder Fairies. I lead with this sometimes based on the team preview. If I see a mon that will almost certainly get sent out first to set up hazards (Example: Forretress) or just set up, Gengar comes on out.
Charizard+ (Talonflame) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
Simple Bulk Up Talonflame. It can handle taking hits rather well before even setting up, can Roost off any damage that comes its way, and Bird Spam, obviously. The slight change I made to the normal Talonflame set is using Taunt over Flare Blitz. It's actually come in handy more times than I can count, especially since most people will assume Flare Blitz it on the set anyway. Occasional lead just to get off a Taunt and to induce rage.
Conclusion:
Anyway, so that's the team. Please leave constructive criticisms in the comments. As a forewarning, I am not changing ScarfGengar.
Export

Lola (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite

Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Mandatory Dragon (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Lightning Thingy (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Spookeh (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Charizard+ (Talonflame) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

Team is pretty cool with with this minor nitpick.
Make sure Latias, Gengar, and Raikou have 0 Attack IVs to minimize the damage taken from confusion hax and Foul Play. (Latias and Gengar won't be taking Foul Plays well regardless, but it is costless to do so.)

You said Drain Punch on Mega Lopunny helps you recover your HP which is really cool, but I prefer the power of High Jump Kick. Drain Punch is kinda weak only with 75 Base Power. If you still want Drain Punch, I would change Ice Punch for Power-Up Punch so you're sweeping and healing yourself at the same time.

I would use this Gliscor spread over your current one.

EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

It outspeeds Adamant Bisharp and everything slower. Another optional spread is 244 HP / 116 Def / 148 Spe so you can outspeed Jolly Bisharp and Breloom, but you should be able to handle those threats anyway. 244 HP EVs allow you to gain the maximum HP recovery from Poison Heal.

I also suggest for Talonflame Will-O-Wisp instead of Taunt if Mega Metagross threatens you. Most of your team members are able to check a variety of threats, but are not able to switch in reliably. Will-O-Wisp is a resourceful move to prevent physical attackers from sweeping you late game.

I can't think of anything else at the top of my head that threatens your team. Scarf Keldeo might be a annoyance as nothing is a good switch in against it and Latias will be worn down easily. I will edit my post if I have anything else to say. Nice squad.

Oh yeah, I would use Sludge Wave instead of Sludge Bomb. It's only 5 base power higher, but it is the stronger poison move. The 30% chance of poison from Sludge Bomb is also nice as well. Just something to note

Team is pretty cool with with this minor nitpick.

Make sure Latias, Gengar, and Raikou have 0 Attack IVs to minimize the damage taken from confusion hax and Foul Play. (Latias and Gengar won't be taking Foul Plays well regardless, but it is costless to do so.)

You said Drain Punch on Mega Lopunny helps you recover your HP which is really cool, but I prefer the power of High Jump Kick. Drain Punch is kinda weak only with 75 Base Power. If you still want Drain Punch, I would change Ice Punch for Power-Up Punch so you're sweeping and healing yourself at the same time.

I would use this Gliscor spread over your current one.

EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

It outspeeds Adamant Bisharp and everything slower. Another optional spread is 244 HP / 116 Def / 148 Spe so you can outspeed Jolly Bisharp and Breloom, but you should be able to handle those threats anyway. 244 HP EVs allow you to gain the maximum HP recovery from Poison Heal.

I also suggest for Talonflame Will-O-Wisp instead of Taunt if Mega Metagross threatens you. Most of your team members are able to check a variety of threats, but are not able to switch in reliably. Will-O-Wisp is a resourceful move to prevent physical attackers from sweeping you late game.

I can't think of anything else at the top of my head that threatens your team. Scarf Keldeo might be a annoyance as nothing is a good switch in against it and Latias will be worn down easily. I will edit my post if I have anything else to say. Nice squad.

Oh yeah, I would use Sludge Wave instead of Sludge Bomb. It's only 5 base power higher, but it is the stronger poison move. The 30% chance of poison from Sludge Bomb is also nice as well. Just something to note

Thanks.

I generally do that, but I forgot. Thanks for catching that.

The main reason I do Drain Punch over HJK because if the game can cause me to lose my Loppuny, it will. I had HJK on there at one point, but I missed at least 50% of the time so I practically said "screw this" and switched to Drain Punch.

I'll definitely try out that Gliscor spread, thanks.

I'll test out that WoW> Taunt, too.

True, although I do generally end up simply allowing something to die off if it comes in so I could bring in Raikou/Talonflame.

I'd use Sludge Wave, but that 30% Poison ends up doing more work for my in the long run than an extra +5 Base Power.

Couple of points to add on to what Skitty's said:

I tend to use Frustration & 0 Happiness > Return & Max Happiness to weaken opposing Ditto and if you're going to try Drain Punch on Megalop, maybe it's something you should consider.

Another mention of usefulness in Will-o-Wisp and Sludge Wave on the respective Pokemon, especially in the latter case as without it your Gengar gets amusingly walled by Bulletproof Chesnaught. (Shadow Ball, Focus Blast and Sludge Bomb are all blocked by it)

Scarfed Gengar is not bulky enough/has the right typing to utilize the trick set imo. He is very suspectable to Knock Off. You say you tend to cripple Gliscors and Ferrothorns using Trick often - but who switches in (or even fights) a gengar with gliscor/ferro? Most Gliscors do not use Knock Off and it can't poison you... and Ferro is 2hko'd by Focus Blast. I'd rather 2hko a ferro via focus blast on the switch (given that it may not even happen) than give it a choice scarf. Save the scarf for something that you can't handle, you know? Just nitpicking I guess. Substitute allows you to bypass status and leech seed anyway, and gives you a more flexible path of opportunity if you sub on the switch it. With a Life Orb, Gengar can act more of a wallbreaker, damaging threats much harder than without it. Also, use Sludge Wave, not Sludge Bomb, easy 5 more base power which could make a difference. I know you said you're not changing Scarfgar but I just wanted to say :P. On the bright side no one will really suspect a scarfgar and not think twice about switching in a Trick suspectable target. I've never used it, so I digress.

Definitely change your Gliscor's EVs with the assistance of the above posts, Gliscor does not need 252 defense or even 252 hp in this meta. Also with the lack of Will-O-Wisp and Flare Blitz on Talonflame, I am unsure how you get around Scizor. I honestly dislike the use of Drain Punch on Mega-Lopunny as her defenses aren't exactly top-par, and she is designed to dish out a load of damage/fake out pivots without taking much damage anyway. I prefer High Jump Kick, the risk taken is well rewarded. If you dislike the risk of High Jump Kick than you can use Power-Up Punch, which racks up damage nicely and can make your opponent second guess switching into Lopunny. Definitely don't get rid of Ice Punch though, you need it to get past dragons. Defog Latias without Roost is risky as she can easily get worn down via status/damage (omnipresent Keldeo will burn you on the switch), then you lose control of hazards for the rest of the game if she is not kept alive, hindering Talonflame's potential. You also use Healing Wish AND Defog, which is not the wisest choice as once you Healing Wish than you can't exactly kiss Stealth Rocks (and Keldeo) goodbye. I am questioning Talonflame's set in general - bulk up is not exactly the greatest offensive boost, and you only have one offensive attack (which can be easily resisted). And with no attack investment you may find yourself dealing very little damage in tight situations where you can't afford to bulk up (say if Latias gets trapped and you get stealth rocked). Changing Bulk up to Will-O-Wisp will make you one of the best wallbreakers - which is necessary as your team is really pure offensive. You can even still use Bulk-Up with Will-O-Wisp instead of Taunt, which may help you cripple some threats anyway. On the Taunt you're going to want 16 or 24 speed EVs on Talonflame so you can outspeed other specially defensive Talonflames and Taunt them, giving you the upper hand and potentially momentum (considering how popular specially defensive tflames are now adays with Mega-Charizard Y).

Edited by Aero