Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide [2.0] DISCUSSION

sparsyle-0

Question

Here is the discussion thread for my reborn guide! If I've made any errors in my guide, or if I left something out, please let me know below, and I'll be sure to make the appropriate changes!!

The Guide

Edited by sparsyle-0

• Answers 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Also, you frgot to talk about Corey's pokémon, both Croagunk and Nidorina are availeable after Shelly. Croagunk is in the cave of the Smoochum event, and Nidorina in the cave that is close to Corey's gym.

Nidorina is Lv28 and always have this movepool: Bite, Double Kick, Venom Drench and Disable.

For Croagunk... can someone else catch it? I don't want to contaminate my monotype with other types.

Okay so I was just going around catching all sorts of Pokemon and when I obtained Spiritomb, I noticed it had the move Foul Play, an Egg Move. I soft reset once and saw it had Shadow Sneak, which would certainly have been forgotten by that level (40) if it was not an egg move (as it's one of its starting moves) so Spiritomb is confirmed to have egg moves added now.

Oh okay. I just never knew of Lotad having mist. ^^;; Thank you though!

Lotad learns Mist at level 15. It evolves at level 14. Lombre doesn't learn Mist at all. Thus, almost nobody ever gets to see that Lotad learns it and I really don't blame you for thinking it was an egg move.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lotad_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Using Flame Burst to combust the field OHKOs Skrelp, making Focus Sash useless.

Also, here's a lot of changes that are needed for your guide. I hope that's alright that I put them in spoilers. ^^;;

Can I mention some changes that might be beneficial to this guide? @Sparsyle-0; ?

1. You find Tynamo during a thunderstorm, just like Blitzle.

2. Minun's level and moveset are incorrect. They are found at level 20, with this moveset: Switcheroo, Swift, Electroball, and Wish.

3. Mareep is now found at level 14. It has Thunder Wave, Thundershock, Cotton Spore, and I got the move Electric Terrain. ^^;;

4. Glameow is obtained at level 20 now as well. With the moves Growl, Hypnosis, Feint Attack and Fury Swipes.

5. Julia's electrode has charge, not explosion.

6. Skitty is now obtained at level 20 with Disarming Voice, Copycat, Zen Headbutt, and Doubleslap.

7. I'm also certain that Cacnea comes with egg moves when it hatches. Mine had Poison Sting, Leer, Nasty Plot and Low Kick though I'm not sure if anyone had something different.

8. The Growlithe you receive is at level 25 and ALWAYS female. It has Take Down, Fire Fang, Reversal, and an egg move (i've only seen Morning Sun and Close Combat myself).

9. You can also receive the Pichu on level 9.

10. The man in the Lapis Ward will give you Mime Jr. for a Sunkern.

11. You will obtain Litleo at level 18.

12. Snubbull's moveset is changed when you receive him. Mine had Bite, Lick, Headbutt, and Heal Bell.

13. If you get the Blue Egg from the Slums, You'll hatch Ducklett with Water Gun and Mirror Move.

14. If you hatch the yellow egg from the slums, You'll hatch Drowzee with Pound, Nasty Plot, Hypnosis, and I think Disable.

15. Spritzee's level was upped to level 25, and it has the moves Wish, Aromatherapy, Calm Mind and Draining Kiss.

16. Corey's Croagunk has the moves Venoshock, Mud Bomb, Drain Punch, and Sucker Punch.

17. Helioptile is found at level 24, with the moves Mud Slap, Quick Attack, Razor Wind, and Electric Terrain

18. Emolga is found at level 20 with Roost, Pursuit, Double Team, and Nuzzle.

19. Shuppet can be found with Will O Wisp instead of Spite.

20. Buizel has Fury Cutter instead of Water Gun.

21. Porygon is now found at level 28. It has Magnet Rise, Recover, Agility and Psybeam.

22. I think Machop got replaced in Pyrous Mountain and Sawk and Throh are found there (Could be wrong).

Edited by Octy

Hey, so I just started playing Reborn, and I have a question: the Numel that can be caught near the ruined train station, is there any event I have to complete before it appears and becomes capturable? There's a thunderstorm going on right now in the game, but the Numel isn't there when I look for it. I would like to find it before I have to battle the green-haired jerk.

Hey, so I just started playing Reborn, and I have a question: the Numel that can be caught near the ruined train station, is there any event I have to complete before it appears and becomes capturable? There's a thunderstorm going on right now in the game, but the Numel isn't there when I look for it. I would like to find it before I have to battle the green-haired jerk.

I'm pretty sure you have to beat Julia before you can catch numel

Some additions/corrections on teams (Julia - Florinia):

Julia:

- Has 2 Potions

- Emolga has Nuzzle, not Tail Whip

- Both Voltorb have Rollout, not Spark

- Blitzle has Thunder Wave, not tail Whip

- Electrode has Charge and Sonicboom, not Explosion and Spark

Fern (Before Florinia)

- Lombre has Fury Swipes, not Water Sport

Florinia

- Has 2 Super Potions

- Maractus has Nature Power, Pin Missle, Spikes, and Needle Arm

- Ferroseed has a Big Root

- Breloom has Mach Punch and Spore, not Headbutt and Stun Spore

- Cacnea has a Big Root and Leech Seed, not Needle Arm

More to come~

It might be worth mentioning the Grand Hall Trainers. I don't know precisely when you can begin to challenge them, but I do know that it's before Shade's Gym and after Corey's. Now for things that I know.

1. Machop got replaced by Sawk and Throh in E15.
2. For the Ralts event, you need Magnet Powder, not Blast Powder.
3. Ralts' moveset is Confusion, Double Team, Teleport and an egg move (e.g. Destiny Bond, Misty Terrain).
4. In the Aron room, there's also the Obsidia Ward Pokemon Center girl's boyfriend. Talk to him. He'll go back to the Center. Talk to them, and you get a Department Store Sticker.

EDIT: You can begin to challenge the Grand Hall Trainers after beating Corey.

Edited by SkyRunner

I do know there's only one (for me anyways) trainer in the Grand Hall that you can fight after defeating Corey and before Shade. Anyone is free to correct me on this though.

Psychic Silva

Mawile- Level 35- Iron Defense, Baton Pass, Crunch, Feint Attack
Xatu- Level 36- Wish, Air Slash, Confuse Ray, Psychic
Sneasel- Level 39- Screech, Slash, Beat Up, Hone Claws

So I've been using this for a checklist as I work my way through the game (I'm at the Yureyu battle right now, so pretty much at the end of what you have), and these events all seem to have changed/been removed:

Tynamo in Peridot Alley (can't remember if Pokemon just changed or none there at all)

Electrike in Obsidia Ward

The caged Nidorina in Rhodochrine Jungle (couldn't find)

Heatmor in Pyrous Mountain (not there)

Finding Cain's earring on Azurine Island (doesn't happen)

Might I suggest also adding a list of things you can go back to do once they become available, or at least a "come back once you [whatever]" note? Like, there are about three or four different events in Citrine Mountain that you can't do while you're actually in the area, but they're worth coming back for later - the Beartic battle is unwinnable when you're there the first time around, once you beat Aya and can use Strength outside of battle you can get the TM for Double Team, and Corey's Croagunk is waiting there for something like it's an event Pokemon but you don't have whatever it is you need to get Croagunk to join you.

So I've been using this for a checklist as I work my way through the game (I'm at the Yureyu battle right now, so pretty much at the end of what you have), and these events all seem to have changed/been removed:

Tynamo in Peridot Alley (can't remember if Pokemon just changed or none there at all)

Might I suggest also adding a list of things you can go back to do once they become available, or at least a "come back once you [whatever]" note? Like, there are about three or four different events in Citrine Mountain that you can't do while you're actually in the area, but they're worth coming back for later - the Beartic battle is unwinnable when you're there the first time around, once you beat Aya and can use Strength outside of battle you can get the TM for Double Team, and Corey's Croagunk is waiting there for something like it's an event Pokemon but you don't have whatever it is you need to get Croagunk to join you.

The first three are updated for E15, so if you weren't playing in E15, that's probably the reason.

- Nidorina should be in Beryl Cave, not a Rhodochrine Jungle Cave.

- Tynamo should be in Peridot Alley on a Rainy day. I can confirm this. Perhaps you were in the wrong alley or in the wrong weather.

- If you found Litleo in Obisida Ward, later you'll find Electrike.

- Heatmor is indeed still in Pyrous Mountain.

- Beartic battle IS winnable. I won just with brute force, using Drought Vulpix, Monferno, and Emolga.

- Corey's Croagunk wants Corey's Silver Ring, as do all of Corey's Pokemon. You need to get it from Corey's room after he dies.

-I actually used Ampharos Thunder Wave + Electroball to beat the Beartic. You can beat it before facing Aya if you have the right strategy.

-Also Cain's earring is definitely there on Azurine Island as I picked it up.

-Heatmor is definitely in Pyrous mountain as it's in the room where the fire stone is located.

I do know there's only one (for me anyways) trainer in the Grand Hall that you can fight after defeating Corey and before Shade. Anyone is free to correct me on this though.

Psychic Silva

Mawile- Level 35- Iron Defense, Baton Pass, Crunch, Feint Attack

Xatu- Level 36- Wish, Air Slash, Confuse Ray, Psychic

Sneasel- Level 39- Screech, Slash, Beat Up, Hone Claws

They should rotate every day. Sometime just one trainer, sometimes as many as three. If you're consistently only getting that one trainer, that's probably a bug.

The first three are updated for E15, so if you weren't playing in E15, that's probably the reason.

- Nidorina should be in Beryl Cave, not a Rhodochrine Jungle Cave.

- Tynamo should be in Peridot Alley on a Rainy day. I can confirm this. Perhaps you were in the wrong alley or in the wrong weather.

- If you found Litleo in Obisida Ward, later you'll find Electrike.

- Heatmor is indeed still in Pyrous Mountain.

- Beartic battle IS winnable. I won just with brute force, using Drought Vulpix, Monferno, and Emolga.

- Corey's Croagunk wants Corey's Silver Ring, as do all of Corey's Pokemon. You need to get it from Corey's room after he dies.

Got the Nidorina; just confused because it was listed in the Rhodochrine Jungle section. Maybe move it to the Beryl City/graveyard section? (Might also be worth mentioning Elgyem and the Nuzleaf swarm in the clearing that comes from that cave - especially since you can take all five of the Nuzleafs that stick around after the battle.

Other things worth adding are that the Squirtle in Byxbysion Wasteland now has to be caught in battle instead of coming along willingly like the Mudkip did (also, there's randomly a second Rock Smash TM in that clearing, which makes no sense when the TMs are reusable), and the Zangoose hide and seek in the alleys. And there's another hidden chamber in the bottom right of the Railnet, where you can pick up TM83 Infestation.

Edited by SnideAsides

Is there a reason that I don't see the blue-haired girl at the pier to continue the story?

Edit: Also I can't find any of the hide and seek pokemon, probably because it's raining. I know Teddiursa is when it's sunny, not sure about lillipup.

Edit: Nvm, wrong pier, didn't know there were 4.

Edited by Setari