Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide [2.0] DISCUSSION

sparsyle-0

Question

Here is the discussion thread for my reborn guide! If I've made any errors in my guide, or if I left something out, please let me know below, and I'll be sure to make the appropriate changes!!

The Guide

Edited by sparsyle-0

• Answers 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A new part! Yayzies! So...

You can make a trade with a Police Officer in the Station. He'll give you an Azurill for a Growlithe, which I recommend breeding for first.

After completing the Magma/Aqua Gangs' Storyline as of after Shelly, you can find a Houndour in the abandoned Magma base if you're in Aqua or a Carvanah in the abandoned Aqua base if you're in Magma (Pokesnax needed, and you battle it).

There's a Murkrow battle in the Aqua Gang's Alley on windy nights.

There's actually no way to get a Sunkern in Reborn except for breeding a Sunflora.

There's a Zorua hide-and-seek in ALL of the Alleys, and it impersonates a whole bunch of Pokemon that are in the Alleys. (There's also a Zangoose Hide-And-Seek, but I haven't managed to find it every time.)

I'd recommend a Pokemon with Flame Burst to destroy Shelly's Field (unless she puts up a Rain Dance, with her Illumise). Also, a good Flying type with Air Cutter is pretty good, since it's STAB and hits both Pokemon. Paralyzing that Yanmega also can really help.

Pretty much it. I defeated the three main roadblocks of Kiki, Aya, and Serra, so I might be able to help a bit more!

Edited by Chubb the Pig

A new part! Yayzies! So...

You can make a trade with a Police Officer in the Station. He'll give you an Azurill for a Growlithe, which I recommend breeding for first.

After completing the Magma/Aqua Gangs' Storyline as of after Shelly, you can find a Houndour in the abandoned Magma base if you're in Aqua or a Carvanah in the abandoned Aqua base if you're in Magma (Pokesnax needed, and you battle it).

There's a Murkrow battle in the Aqua Gang's Alley on windy nights.

There's actually no way to get a Sunkern in Reborn except for breeding a Sunflora.

There's a Zorua hide-and-seek in ALL of the Alleys, and it impersonates a whole bunch of Pokemon that are in the Alleys. (There's also a Zangoose Hide-And-Seek, but I haven't managed to find it every time.)

I'd recommend a Pokemon with Flame Burst to destroy Shelly's Field (unless she puts up a Rain Dance, with her Illumise). Also, a good Flying type with Air Cutter is pretty good, since it's STAB and hits both Pokemon. Paralyzing that Yanmega also can really help.

Pretty much it. I defeated the three main roadblocks of Kiki, Aya, and Serra, so I might be able to help a bit more!

Thanks for all of the help! The only thing is that I somehow couldn't initiate the trade with the police officer you were talking about... Do you have to wait for a certain gym badge or something?

Also, the bases aren't abandoned for me. Did I wait too long?

Edited by sparsyle-0

Thanks for all of the help! The only thing is that I somehow couldn't initiate the trade with the police officer you were talking about... Do you have to wait for a certain gym badge or something?

I believe you have to find all the 5 missing officers before the trade can be done...

or find the dead police officer at least.

I believe you have to find all the 5 missing officers before the trade can be done...

or find the dead police officer at least.

Never mind! It seems I was talking to the wrong police officer...

Edited by sparsyle-0

Some great choices would be any fire type (especially Torchic, for it has that killer speed boost), Snivy (for that Contrary), Bulbasaur (because its adorable it has those precious status-inflicting moves) or, if you're going to try a water type, Mudkip (because it's second form achieves a partial ground typing, and its Damp will be very helpful in the first gym), or Froakie (for that broken Protean).

Two points: I would argue that Coil is the bigger draw for Snivy (since Contrary does nothing until it learns Leaf Storm) and Mudkip doesn't need Damp for Julia because her field effect makes Explosion normal + electric type, to which Marshtomp is immune.

Two points: I would argue that Coil is the bigger draw for Snivy (since Contrary does nothing until it learns Leaf Storm) and Mudkip doesn't need Damp for Julia because her field effect makes Explosion normal + electric type, to which Marshtomp is immune.

True, though contrary is pretty helpful when trainers try to lower your stats throughout the game.

Yes, but that prevents you from using Coil effectively, which is the number 1 reason to pick Snivy as a starter. Stat boosting moves are very good in Reborn because the AI can't change its game plan to deal with them. Snivy has Leech Seed to ease set-up, and unlike Turtwig or Chespin, it's much faster. It also gets Growth at L13, which interferes with Contrary.

Suggesting that picking Snivy for Contrary implies that a player should pick a Snivy with Contrary (which may or may not be what you intended to imply), which means that its natural set-up moves become useless. If a player wants a Contrary Snivy, he should pick one with Overgrow and then use an Ability Capsule once it learns Leaf Storm.

Yes, but that prevents you from using Coil effectively, which is the number 1 reason to pick Snivy as a starter. Stat boosting moves are very good in Reborn because the AI can't change its game plan to deal with them. Snivy has Leech Seed to ease set-up, and unlike Turtwig or Chespin, it's much faster. It also gets Growth at L13, which interferes with Contrary.

Suggesting that picking Snivy for Contrary implies that a player should pick a Snivy with Contrary (which may or may not be what you intended to imply), which means that its natural set-up moves become useless. If a player wants a Contrary Snivy, he should pick one with Overgrow and then use an Ability Capsule once it learns Leaf Storm.

I see your point, I'll add that in.

For Gym Leader Julia, i'm pretty positive her Heloptile and Blitzle have Charge Beam, and her Emolga has Nuzzle

Thanks so much, I'm pretty shaky on the movesets, early on in the guide.

Well done - the guide looks really promising. Keep up the good work!

Just some corrections/edits I've noticed:

1. You can also catch a Lunatone under the Grand Stairway. It's in the section where there are two rock smashable rocks - and I believe it only appears at night?

2. You don't need the Dull Key to proceed onto Shade's gym. That item is required for the Scraggy event - which you could mention.

Well done - the guide looks really promising. Keep up the good work!

Just some corrections/edits I've noticed:

1. You can also catch a Lunatone under the Grand Stairway. It's in the section where there are two rock smashable rocks - and I believe it only appears at night?

2. You don't need the Dull Key to proceed onto Shade's gym. That item is required for the Scraggy event - which you could mention.

Thanks so much! I'll check those events out!

During the raid on the orphanage. Whenever you unlock the cages to free Noel, there is a child in one of the cages *I forget which* that will talk about stabbing things and the like. he'll then give you a rare candy.

Also, i'll be happy to help with discerning gym leader movesets. As they tend to hit me with the moves they don't normally use.

As I continue through my 2nd run, i'll make comparisons to your listed moves and what I see them use.

And more on Julia's mons. Her voltorbs and Electrode all have Aftermath

And all of her pokemon have Charge beam.

Edited by Cyclonegale

The Magma and Aqua event can be actually done BEFORE Shelly. There's also a new event after Shelly, involving the battle between you and the leader of the opposing gang, which you get Carvanha (if in Aqua) or Houndour (if in Magma). I've also seen a Houndour in the abandoned Magma Gang base if you're in Aqua.

Also, once you get Rock Smash, you can access the dark cave in Beryl Ward/Beryl Cemetery, and on Windy days, you can find a Nuzleaf Gang with a Level 50 Shiftry. After you beat them, you can take FIVE Nuzleafs. On Sunny days, after doing this Event, a Tropius will be there.

Also, if you don't get the Dull Key before beating Shade (and after beating Shelly), you can't get it until you beat Aya and can use Strength.

Uhhh. Turtwig gets Leech Seed and Curse set up

During the raid on the orphanage. Whenever you unlock the cages to free Noel, there is a child in one of the cages *I forget which* that will talk about stabbing things and the like. he'll then give you a rare candy.

Also, i'll be happy to help with discerning gym leader movesets. As they tend to hit me with the moves they don't normally use.

And more on Julia's mons. Her voltorbs and Electrode all have Aftermath

And all of her pokemon have Charge beam.

Alright, thanks again!!

The Magma and Aqua event can be actually done BEFORE Shelly. There's also a new event after Shelly, involving the battle between you and the leader of the opposing gang, which you get Carvanha (if in Aqua) or Houndour (if in Magma). I've also seen a Houndour in the abandoned Magma Gang base if you're in Aqua.

Also, once you get Rock Smash, you can access the dark cave in Beryl Ward/Beryl Cemetery, and on Windy days, you can find a Nuzleaf Gang with a Level 50 Shiftry. After you beat them, you can take FIVE Nuzleafs. On Sunny days, after doing this Event, a Tropius will be there.

Also, if you don't get the Dull Key before beating Shade (and after beating Shelly), you can't get it until you beat Aya and can use Strength.

Okay, thanks for the help! I'm having trouble unlocking the Carvanha/Houndoor event, what exactly am I supposed to do? I can't access the boss of the opposite team b/c I'm blocked by some grunts near the entrance of the alley, who'll tell me to "beat it, scum"

Edited by sparsyle-0

Uhhh. Turtwig gets Leech Seed and Curse set up

Chespin also gets Leech Seed + Bulk Up, but Snivy is definitely the best at setup sweeping of the grass type starters because it's fast.

After doing the first mission in the Gang-storyline, your boss will tell you that they are going to attack the opposing Gang at night. You gotta go to the other Gang, then battle the two members blocking the Alley, and then the boss of the Gang. If the Gang Members still don't let you in, try talking to your boss at night again.