Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide [2.0] DISCUSSION

sparsyle-0

Question

Here is the discussion thread for my reborn guide! If I've made any errors in my guide, or if I left something out, please let me know below, and I'll be sure to make the appropriate changes!!

The Guide

Edited by sparsyle-0

• Answers 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Also, on a side note, Whismur is definitely still there. I restarted my game again this episode and I have obtained a Whismur, which later turned into Scrappy Loudred.

Okay, I'll keep looking. I remember that it used to be found pretty easily in an empty house in Peridot, but I can't seem to find it nowadays!

No, they're just confused. Pansear will appear when it's raining under the bridge, Numel will appear so long as you have pokesnacks, outside the train station, or outside the gate to the Tourmaline Desert, when it's raining/thunderstorm after beating Julia, or at a later point in the game. Note that these aren't all possibilities, I'm just not 100% sure which are right because it's changed so many times.

As for Cleffa/Igglybuff it's obtainable at any point in the game. First talk to the lady that owns them, then go into the abandoned apartment near the North Peridot alley and you'll encounter an event with two meteor grunts, then go back to the lady with the two pokemon again to battle the grunts and get your reward.

Finally, I'm not actually sure that damp on Marshtomp makes a difference as the field effect in Julia's gym will be making all of the self destructs part electric type, which Marshtomp is immune to anyway. Damp just stops them from killing themselves, which is kind of counter productive.

Thanks for the help! I'll have the igglybuff/cleffa event up tonight, and hopefully the numel one as well. And that's a good point, I changed the guide accordingly.

I do believe that Numel is available only AFTER Florinia.

As for the Cleffa/Igglybuff event, I remember that you must go the woman's house with the Pokemon at NIGHT and fight the Grunts, to add on to Sheep's post.

In addition, just after Florinia hacks the wall, but before you fight Aster and Eclipse, you can go to the path Julia and Florinia took, and there will be a Rare Candy in the room.

One more thing: Before you beat Julia, if you go to the house that the Hiker who gives you Onix afterwards, there'll be a Whismur. If you have Pokesnax, you can battle it.

Okay, I'm probably going to search around for Numel for awhile just to make sure you can't get it at this point. And yay, hopefully that clears up the Whismur event!

Yeah, I know about the rare candy. I didn't put it in the guide because I didn't want it to be too cluttered with items, but I guess you're right that I should add it!

Thanks for all of your help!!

Edited by sparsyle-0

Yeah, I know about the rare candy. I didn't put it in the guide because I didn't want it to be too cluttered with items, but I guess you're right that I should add it!

I'm really hoping you don't bring the Itemfinder to the Wasteland them xD

So, I've seen the next part of your Guide, and I have some more info to contribute (hopefully this is all accurate!):

For the Vulpix event, Vuplix actually runs away to the Railroad part you can access in Obsidia. There, you have to battle a Level 45 Klinklang (in a Trainer battle, of course), and upon defeating it, Vulpix will join you.

The Furret trade actually gives you a Castform!

If you buy Vanilla Ice Cream from the vendor machine in the Candy Store, you can actually get a Vanillite, one of three available in Reborn. (That's why it's cost 1000 rather than the 400 (I believe) from the Ice Cream girl).

On windy days, outside the Slums, Hoppip are floating. If you touch one, you battle it.

A minor typo, but I see you say Violet instead of Victoria. Here at:

"So, after asking around for awhile, it'll become clear that the only way to reach the other side of Obsidia is through the Slums. As you make your way there, you'll be stopped by Violet. Make sure your team is healed up before talking to her."

Unfortunately, I don't know the levels, but you can add this to your Guide! I think that it'll become really helpful later on, for newer players. (I myself haven't gotten too far into the game.)

EDIT: Good news! I see that your guide has now been pinned!

Edited by Chubb the Pig

So, I've seen the next part of your Guide, and I have some more info to contribute (hopefully this is all accurate!):

For the Vulpix event, Vuplix actually runs away to the Railroad part you can access in Obsidia. There, you have to battle a Level 45 Klinklang (in a Trainer battle, of course), and upon defeating it, Vulpix will join you. I don't remember

The Furret trade actually gives you a Castform! Castform has Furret's level so it varies.

If you buy Vanilla Ice Cream from the vendor machine in the Candy Store, you can actually get a Vanillite, one of three available in Reborn. (That's why it's cost 1000 rather than the 400 (I believe) from the Ice Cream girl). iirc this is level 15

On windy days, outside the Slums, Hoppip are floating. If you touch one, you battle it.

"So, after asking around for awhile, it'll become clear that the only way to reach the other side of Obsidia is through the Slums. As you make your way there, you'll be stopped by Violet. Make sure your team is healed up before"SAYING YES" to her." not talking

Unfortunately, I don't know the levels, but you can add this to your Guide! I think that it'll become really helpful later on, for newer players. (I myself haven't gotten too far into the game.)

edited what i knew about this

Edited by blasterman4

For the Vulpix event, Vuplix actually runs away to the Railroad part you can access in Obsidia. There, you have to battle a Level 45 Klinklang (in a Trainer battle, of course), and upon defeating it, Vulpix will join you. I don't remember

The Furret trade actually gives you a Castform! Castform has Furret's level so it varies.

If you buy Vanilla Ice Cream from the vendor machine in the Candy Store, you can actually get a Vanillite, one of three available in Reborn. (That's why it's cost 1000 rather than the 400 (I believe) from the Ice Cream girl). iirc this is level 15

"So, after asking around for awhile, it'll become clear that the only way to reach the other side of Obsidia is through the Slums. As you make your way there, you'll be stopped by Violet. Make sure your team is healed up before"SAYING YES" to her." not talking

Thank you for all of the help!!! Sorry I didn't get to his until late, the site thing really threw me and I didn't know how to get it for awhile :blink:

And I knOW THANK YOU TO THE ADMIN WHO PINNED MY POST THAT MADE ME SO FREAKING HAPPY YOU HAVE NO IDEA YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!

hey as aways keep up the good work, an grats on the pinning,y ou seems happy bout it why not anyway, iima keep this short :v on the lattest guide part you actually made it t the point where you go to coral ward, yay~ well, you can get a glameow by that point. they are two salons in the game, on your exit of coral ward, there is a big building with a few star-ish things atop the door. turns ut it is another salon, fille with glameows. talk with everyone inside, they will complain about the other salon being way more popular, and want you to find out why. after thta, go back to the other salon the one with the vulpix inside) and talk to everyone, go back to the glameow salon again and talk to the woman who asked you to gather information. she will say some stuffs and say you can pick a gameow, then just talk to one of the glameows inside and there you go, you got yourself a slim cat that may become fat in case you evolve it)

the other thing is about this:

Lillipup lillipup.giflevel ? / ?

i think you cant get the lillipup yet, in fact, i got mine on level on onyx ward.

well thats it~ hope i helped and keep up the good work why not

hey as aways keep up the good work, an grats on the pinning,y ou seems happy bout it why not anyway, iima keep this short :v on the lattest guide part you actually made it t the point where you go to coral ward, yay~ well, you can get a glameow by that point. they are two salons in the game, on your exit of coral ward, there is a big building with a few star-ish things atop the door. turns ut it is another salon, fille with glameows. talk with everyone inside, they will complain about the other salon being way more popular, and want you to find out why. after thta, go back to the other salon the one with the vulpix inside) and talk to everyone, go back to the glameow salon again and talk to the woman who asked you to gather information. she will say some stuffs and say you can pick a gameow, then just talk to one of the glameows inside and there you go, you got yourself a slim cat that may become fat in case you evolve it)

the other thing is about this:

Lillipup lillipup.giflevel ? / ?

i think you cant get the lillipup yet, in fact, i got mine on level on onyx ward.

well thats it~ hope i helped and keep up the good work why not

Thank you so much! Yeah, the glameow event is going to go on Obsidia pt. 2, since you can't access it until you return to the ward! I put Lillipup in there since the event begins in Obsidia.

Thank you so much! Yeah, the glameow event is going to go on Obsidia pt. 2, since you can't access it until you return to the ward! I put Lillipup in there since the event begins in Obsidia.

oh ok, just making sure :D by the way i just spoted an error.

In this house, the girl will trade you a Ditto for a Furret.

Spoiler

At this point in the game, a Furret is unobtainable, so you'll have to wait until later to make the trade.

Castform castform.gif level [depends on level of traded Furret] / [depends on level of pokemon]

this dont looks like a ditto to me.

part 3 is out~! yay~! grats as aways. now....

So, the path is pretty straightforward. There's only one way, so just weave your way through the overgrown forest for awhile. Eventually you'll run into a Team Meteor Grunt [i mean, who else would be behind this garbage?]. There should be a Light Shard right by him. Continue through, battling more Team Meteor Grunts as you go.

Now, you should come to see a hooded character before a fancy-looking Tangrowth machine. I highly recommend that you use the Light Shard and save the game, as the battle ahead of you is not easy.

When you approach the scene, you'll meet my personal favorite villain of the whole game. You'll notice that their speech is a bit nonsensical, scattered and distorted. This is because they have multiple personality disorder, with three distinct personalities shining through: Zero, the violent one; Eve, the logical one; and Lumi, the sweet one. Collectively: ZEL. Their speech is much easier to follow when you realize that the text capitalizes the letter of each personality speaking at a given time [creating Zel, zEl, and zeL]. ZEL explains that this Tangrowth "Pulse" machine is the source of the rapid burgeon of plant life in the area. They'll then proceed to challenge you to a battle with it.

Meteor Admin ZEL

right here, problem! there actually is a hidden blue egg inside this area. i dont know what the egg hatches into, because i kinda... didnt got it </3 still, there is an egg. there is a hidden patch leading right somewhere... if you can, tryreplaying this area and you will find it out :D

So, the path is pretty straightforward. There's only one way, so just weave your way through the overgrown forest for awhile. Eventually you'll run into a Team Meteor Grunt [i mean, who else would be behind this garbage?]. There should be a Light Shard right by him. Continue through, battling more Team Meteor Grunts as you go.

Now, you should come to see a hooded character before a fancy-looking Tangrowth machine. I highly recommend that you use the Light Shard and save the game, as the battle ahead of you is not easy.

When you approach the scene, you'll meet my personal favorite villain of the whole game. You'll notice that their speech is a bit nonsensical, scattered and distorted. This is because they have multiple personality disorder, with three distinct personalities shining through: Zero, the violent one; Eve, the logical one; and Lumi, the sweet one. Collectively: ZEL. Their speech is much easier to follow when you realize that the text capitalizes the letter of each personality speaking at a given time [creating Zel, zEl, and zeL]. ZEL explains that this Tangrowth "Pulse" machine is the source of the rapid burgeon of plant life in the area. They'll then proceed to challenge you to a battle with it.

Meteor Admin ZEL

right here, problem! there actually is a hidden blue egg inside this area. i dont know what the egg hatches into, because i kinda... didnt got it </3 still, there is an egg. there is a hidden patch leading right somewhere... if you can, tryreplaying this area and you will find it out :D

It's a ducklett egg.

Meteor Admin ZEL

Okay, thanks! I probably won't be able to screenshot it as I have already saved past that point, but I can add it to my guide! (I'll have to do that later today)

New part!

So, you can also get a Plusle where you get Minun, I believe it's random.

To get the Cacnea egg, you have to talk to this girl in the Onyx Ward in a building after rescuing the Daycare Couple.

I think the box Spoink goes into is random, since some people say that they have it go into different ones in the warehouse.

Pretty sure there's more, so I'll add some stuff if I remember them.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

New part!

So, you can also get a Plusle where you get Minun, I believe it's random.

To get the Cacnea egg, you have to talk to this girl in the Onyx Ward in a building after rescuing the Daycare Couple.

I think the box Spoink goes into is random, since some people say that they have it go into different ones in the warehouse.

Pretty sure there's more, so I'll add some stuff if I remember them.

Thanks! I had a feeling about the Minun/Plusle event thing but I wasn't sure

Yay, I'm helping! :3

I believe that's the last of the info, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I can't wait to see you do those split-story parts where you have multiple decisions affecting what happens next (but not the story itself). The first example is coming up soon~

EDIT: PULSE Tangrowth is Grass/Poison instead of pure Grass like regular Tangrowth is, so you should include that!

Edited by Chubb the Pig

Yay, I'm helping! :3

I believe that's the last of the info, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I can't wait to see you do those split-story parts where you have multiple decisions affecting what happens next (but not the story itself). The first example is coming up soon~

EDIT: PULSE Tangrowth is Grass/Poison instead of pure Grass like regular Tangrowth is, so you should include that!

*laughs*

Oh, yeah, the split stories!! Haha I forgot...

*cries*

I'm probably going to have to implement multiple save files for those....

and cool, I actually didn't know that one!

Ooh, another part already!

So... Time to say stuff!

You shoukd add that you can get the TMs for Attract, Facade, and Substitute. Not the best, but still pretty okayish.

In addition, there are coins ALL OVER the Onyx Arcade. You want to press Z on every space, cuz you can get around two hundred that way.

Also, you could mention getting a Fire, Flying and/or Fighting type(s) for Florinia, or else that Cradily will be horrible. (Strangely the Breloom gave me more trouble than the Cradily...)

That's all, but now it's almost time for the split story! About two more sections left...

Edited by Chubb the Pig

Ooh, another part already!

So... Time to say stuff!

You shoukd add that you can get the TMs for Attract, Facade, and Substitute. Not the best, but still pretty okayish.

In addition, there are coins ALL OVER the Onyx Arcade. You want to press Z on every space, cuz you can get around two hundred that way.

Also, you could mention getting a Fire, Flying and/or Fighting type(sl for Florinia, or else that Cradily will be horrible. (Strangely the Breloom gave me more trouble than the Cradily...)

That's all, but now it's almost time for the split story! About two more sections left...

Can do! Haha yeah this game is always so addicting for me...

Yep, I hope I can pull it off!!

I forgot a huge part about Onyx Ward.

After beating Fern, you can go into an apartment and talk to one of his cronies, who will unlock the Garden upstairs for you as an apology. It has Flying types and Posion types, and it's the best place to train before Florinia.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

I forgot a huge part about Onyx Ward.

After beating Fern, you can go into an apartment and talk to one of his cronies, who will unlock the Garden upstairs for you as an apology. It has Flying types and Posion types, and it's the best place to train before Florinia.

No worries! I've put that on the next part of the guide, it should be up tomorrow.

Let me help you out here, but you are missing a Pokemon

580.gif

In the place where you get your starters, by the door inside the place there will be a fisherman who asks if you will pay 500$ for a rare pokemon, if you do pay him the fee, a guy will come and steal it. That guy will be in a house in Notheren Peridot Ward and he will ask for 500$, after that you battle the fisherman and that guy and in the end they will give you Ducklett (This event replaced Magikarp most likely)