6th member

Tempo17

So right now I have been using a team consisting of Arcanine, Greninja, Mamoswine, Magneton, Noivern, and Swalot. I have been considering for a while now whether or not I should replace swalot on my team. Overall it has the worst stats, but yawn and acid spray has saved me countless times during boss battles. Do you have any recommendations for a good replacement? Btw I am at Spinel town right now in terms of the story.

If looking for a poison type, perhaps Weezing or Arbok?

(Custom shiny Weezing looks neat, and it can avoid ground attacks, a sort of prevailing weakness in your team)

Edited by Zethe

@Zethe: Well although Weezing is a better pokemon in terms of overall base stats I do not like the fact that it has relatively low hp to back up its defensive stats. Swalot can survive better while also, providing support(putting the enemy to sleep and then dropping their special defensive stats while attacking) I was wondering if there were either any pokemon that could fit my team that would be more beneficial. Something that can either set-up and sweep or something that has a more reliable sleep inducing move.

@heloo5t5: thank you. I'll be sure to do that. :)

You could use Amoongus with regenerator and spore if looking for something durable as well as a solid sleep inducer.

Also, it can clear smog if you have trouble dealing with other pokes that like to set up.

Also, Weezing can have pain split (take advantage of low hp) and will-o-wisp if you breed one

Edited by Zethe

Yeah I would consider that except my only reservation against it is that it learns spore at level 62 which as of right now my level cap is 50. Plus I would need a way to train it to that level in order to use it. If you have any ideas on how to help me train it then I would be more than welcome to it. I would want to use one but the amount of investment I would need would be insane.

My only other suggestion is breed yawn onto an eevee..if you are dedicated get wish (lvl 45 slurpuff) too.

If not, can at the very least get curse and yawn from numel>eevee and evolve to umbreon then learn moonlight for stable recovery.

Last resort can push weight with some curse boosts, and so can assurance in doubles.

Edited by Zethe