MonoIce Run Hard Mode

Guzam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Unfortunately the first dusk stone is available only after Kiki iirc. If not then it is after Aya. Very sad I know :[

Edit: Dawn stone isn't available until after Kiki as well... I can't memorize everything I'm sorry >.<

• 1 month later...

Part Twenty-One: Cal is a Beach

If that title didn't give away what we're doing today, we're going to try and beat Cal. I say try because this seems like it will be quite the trial. Oh well. Let's get into it.

So we make a small detour before going to Apophyll. What do we do on this detour? Mercilessly kill about 100+ Unown so that Gretsky is level 32. Not bad at all. Afterwards I head to the harbor and set sail on tainted waters. I make it there safely. Not bad. I move through a small alcove and pick up a hyper potion. I will not use this until at least badge 8 or 9. I creep my way up the beach and spook a fisherman from behind. He's complaining about Grimer. If you don't want Grimer go find cleaner water. Really it's not a hard concept... Oh wait NPC's are locked to a specific area. Like if you cri everytime. Just 1 penny a day can move this fisherman 1 tile closer to cleaner water. Plz donate for this cause...

I continue to make my way up the shoreline fighting more trainers as I go. Even though most of them have fighting types it isn't awful. My team handles them quite nicely and even grows a couple of levels fighting. I finally make my way into the academy and fight some students in there. God I love taking these kids lunch money. I'm getting onyx ward vibes again. I check one of the dorms on the side and find a girl complaining that there's nothing to do here. She then tells me to commit treason and steal the TV from up stairs. K. I ignore her request for a bit and try to find Kiki. Turns out she's training with some students outside. Ugh fine. As I walk outside it starts to rain. Cool. I can work with this. I head out to the training grounds and fight more people. Everyone on the team is level 40, except for Gretsky who is level 35, and TeePee who is 39. I finally find Kiki and sit down for her lesson.

Wow, now that this philosophy class is over can you fight me plz? Yeah nope knew it wouldn't be so easy. Sigh. Oh well, lets just follow her and hope nothing stops us from proc- OH MY GOD IT'S VICTORIA THE ROAD BLOCK RIGHT ON SCHEDULE! How's your day been? Cool. Please don't make me fight you before Kiki. You're honestly really annoying about that sometimes, so please don't do it ok? Thanks. I follow her into Kikis room and they're already speaking. Apparently I need to graduate to get Strength. I'll do whatever it takes... Unfortunately for Victoria, her league challenge hasn't been successful so she can't. Whoops. Shouldn't have been so focused on road blocking me. Kiki turns to me and tells me my real challenge lies at the top of Pyrous Mountain, a volcano...

NOPE! God, why did I choose ice. Such a horrible type. This volcano will be the end of me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Oh hey Victoria. Here to road block as usual? Oh! You're actually helping me for once. Cool... Ugggghhhh. She's having me fight a fire trainer too. Kiki sure knows how to make a person tear their hair out. I take a small detour up the shore and fight more trainers to prepare for this death fest. Finally, I make my way into the volcano... Which just so happens to be one great big rock smash puzzle. How clever. I teach Manny Rock Smash and go to town. Not going to bore you all with this, just going to say you break open pillars to move the lava down some floors until you can safely climb up to the top. Speaking of the top... Here we are... So this guy must be Cal... Welp. Time to fight I guess. Wait... My god... It's still raining up here... I may have a chance after all. Hello Cal. Yes Kiki sent me up here... What do mean by too? Has someone else been up here? Yeah ok nevermind. Emotional junk and stuff and I heard Shelly's name. Apparently Cal was only second best at home and Shelly knew this feeling... But one day that all changed, when Cal snapped and beat her. Wow man. You need to.............

Chill...

FAITO!!!!

MPNrMe5.png

Cal leads with Infernape as I lead with God. Thanks to the rain, he's forced to go for Close Combat and weaken himself. He doesn't even kill God. I get off two Icy Winds then fall. Here comes the master plan. Iggy comes out and sings. Her pure garbage puts the Infernape to sleep. IT'S WORKING! I go for one nasty plot knowing that with my luck I won't be safe for a second one. Infernape goes down to Confusion. We've got this bois. Charizard comes out and tanks a confusion and hits Iggy hard with Fire Fang. She lives thanks to the rain, even though it was boosted by the field. Dry Skin heals Iggy slightly. You go girl. Charizard falls. Iggy grows to level 41. Blaziken comes out. Iggy kills it. Iggy keeps healing. The ride never ends bois! Magmortar comes out. The ride has ended bois. It lives a confusion and hits Iggy with Thunderbolt. She lives again. Iggy hits with Confusion again and tanks one more TBolt. Cal heals with an ultra potion as I confusion again. Cal please. He finally goes for Lava Plume and KO's Iggy. Is it over? NO! Yogi comes out and activates his swift swim and hits Magmortar hard with a Rain boosted Brine, that is weakned by the field. So basically a normal Brine. Magmortar falls. 4 down 2 to go. Delphox comes out and is faster than Yogi. Damn quiet nature. Luckily Cal switches to Typhlosion and lets it die. Reborn AI folks. Yogi grows to level 41 and nearly beats Delphox, but falls in defeat. You did well friend. Just for shits and giggles lets finish this with our weakest member Gretsky. Gretsky tanks a critical hit Shadow Ball and beats Delphox with Bite. Everything went better than expected.

Eat it Cal. I'm going to go beat up Kiki now. Wait... You only started using fire types to beat ice types? And you just lost to all ice types? LMAO. Wow. You'll be staying up here? Ok then. You have things to finish... Um. Alright... I make my way out of hell and back into the academy. It's been a long day...

That's all for now folks. Next time, I'll fight Kiki and steal a TV from the Academy to give back to the Academy. Here's the squad.

225-frame1.png

God: Hardy Nature

Vital Spirit

No Item

Level: 40

-Aerial Ace

-Icy Wind

-Facade

-Substitute

vanillish.png

Scoops: Hardy Nature

Ice Body