Obsessively Setting Up (My first ever RMT)

I was kinda asked to do this, so I acquiesced. Here's my latest team. It's done me some good. After I started with this one, I climbed from the 1390s to 1509 on the Showdown OU ladder. So, tell me what you think.

445f.gif

Solomon (Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Rough Skin

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Swords Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

Solomon serves as my Stealth Rock setter/sweeper. I usually lead with him if I feel that it's safe enough and if a large portion of my opponent's team is weak to rocks. If not, then I take the chance to get off a Swords Dance from a likely switch and proceed to spam Dragon Claw. Coming off 2x, it hits like a truck and few things can shrug it off and I've gotten 6-0s from just SDing and then using Dragon Claw repeatedly. (Provided they have no fairies or steel types). The Lum Berry is just to give me a free setup in case they try to cripple me with status and prevent him from sweeping.

490.gif

Nimbus (Manaphy) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Hydration

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe

Timid Nature

- Tail Glow

- Scald

- Energy Ball

- Ice Beam

Nimbus is my closest thing to a Greninja replacement and I have Skitty to thank for my new found love of it. Manaphy can destroy an entire team after a single Tail Glow and has the added benefit of Energy Ball which allows me to demolish people who think they can just switch in Rotom on me and try to stop me in my tracks. Lum Berry to shrug off any status and guarantee a safe Tail Glow in the event of one and since anything not called Burn will pretty much cripple it. Mostly running speed and special attack to try and outspeed most things. I don't feel like max speed is completely necessary since the current set gives it 303 speed which is faster than most things it deals with and anything that Manaphy can't counter usually outspeeds it anyway. (Looking at you Thundurus)

tumblr_na9ii5p1ji1qjcuiko1_500.gif

Broseidon (Slowbro) (M) @ Slowbronite

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Psyshock

- Slack Off

- Calm Mind

The king of the bros is something I just added on a whim because I wanted to be a trolly bastard that tanked anything physical. He's there to just sponge everything and then dish out burns to whatever happens to be in the way. I run Calm Mind to give it some sweep potential but more for the ability to sponge special attacks too since his SpDef is middling at best. He's saved me a couple times, and often when he was the last man standing.

534.gif

Samson (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Guts

EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 56 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Knock Off

- Poison Jab

Samson is another one of my hard hitters. I wanted a bulky mon who could also dish out the hurt, and he was my best candidate. Drain Punch for recovery and Mach for priority. Knock Off is to scare away any careless switching and allows me to break some mons by removing their items and Poison Jab is for those pesky fairies who think they can just charge in without any consequences. Assault Vest lets me survive some Hyper Voices or whatever else may come blasting my way and the entire set is a hopes that they'll try to status me in the thoughts that it's an Iron Fist Conk and not a Guts one.

talonflame.gif

Blaze (Talonflame) (M) @ Salac Berry

Ability: Gale Wings

EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Brave Bird

- Flare Blitz

- Swords Dance

- Natural Gift

Blaze is another one of my hard hitters, I usually run a choice band set but I've opted out of that for a little bit of "innovation". I often get a lot of Heatran switching into my Talon, so I decided that maybe I could use that to my advantage. Staple Brave Bird and Flare Blitz because what is Talonflame without his two STAB moves. Swords Dance lets me boost my attack to something sweep worthy and allows BB spam if applicable but it also serves the purpose of letting Natural Gift actually OHKO something. Salac Berry lets me use a 100BP Fighting type move and and OHKO both Tyranitar and Heatran after a SD and it's always fun to imagine the looks on the person's face when their Heatran disappears at the hand(or would it be talon?) of a Talonflame.

212.gif

Striker (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Swords Dance

- Roost

- Defog

Striker is my defogger. Before the modifications, my team was very susceptible to Stealth Rocks and would often break my Sashes and Multiscales. I couldn't have that so enter Scizor. As the team changed, he's not really needed as much but hazards can especially be an issue and SR still screws Talonflame, so he gets to stay. I run max HP and Def just to give him longevity when he's forced to Defog and Roost makes sure that he can stay alive for as long as possible. I took a different root when I did the rest of his set though because I felt like messing around a bit and it's had some rather humorous and interesting results. Instead of running Knock Off, I decided to put SD on it for a couple reasons. One, it dissuades people from thinking it's a Defog set so they're not expecting it to tank Earthquakes from Landorus-T. I also felt like I could do some major damage with a +6 STAB Technician Bullet Punch regardless of if you resisted it or not. (I was right, at +6 even Ferrothorn doesn't want to stay in for too long.) The fact that it completely neglected Scizor's pathetic speed was a plus too. This actually led to some interesting DBZ style scenarios with someone trying to take me down with a move and me just Roosting off the Damage then getting a SD. By the time they decided that maybe it was good to switch, I was at FULL POWER and proceeded to destroy the rest of the team.

Conclusion: This is a team of bulky and frail setup sweepers minus Conkeldurr who's just a bulky sweeper. It's done me some good, and I've gotten to a respectable (in my opinion) place on the ladder with it and had some hilarious encounters too. It's really heavy on setup which is a drawback, but it still gets the job done. So, tell me what you think.

Edited by Kyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

For a Garchomp lead, I'd recomend this:

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Fireblast for ferrothorn, Outrage cause it does more damage, and EQ cause its EQ.
For TFlame, change your berry to a choice band and change natural gift and swords dance to Roost and U-Turn
For Scizor, I would probably change SD to U-turn to keep some momentum.
Instead of Manaphy, I would use Scarf Keldeo. A. You don't have a scarf, B. You run a TFlame and Manaphy works better when there is rain support. C. Manaphy is outclassed my Keldeo.
I would probably run Ice Punch on Conkeldurr instead of Poison Jab, only because some more Ice Coverage always helps, and you already cover fairy types with Scizor.
Just remember not to mega Slowbro right away, because you can get a lot out of Regenerator. Try to get use of that as much as you can, and the fact he even has shell armor screams don't mega me right away.
Also you have nothing to tank SpA hits, and slowbro. If thats conkeldurr's job, I think I would get someone else that can tank SpA hits better.