Gen 4 Run - Monogen Challenge Run

deadpool848

Well, decided to also do a monogen challenge run now that my main team is finished and ready for episode 15. Rolled the d6 and got 4, here goes nothing.

Went ahead and chose chimchar as my starter and named him Champion, who was easily able to take out both Cain and VIctoria, and get some good early xp. First step was to catch a Bidoof, and found a female Bidoof with Moody, caught her and nicknamed her Bertha. Now started to plow through all the starter trainers in Opal ward, slowly training up the poor level 3 Bertha through switching.

Now, finaly in peridot ward, went ahead to grab the old rod and battled the fisherman with the goldeen to go and catch me a Finneon, after a few tries, a female level 7 finnean is on the hook, it somehow eats up 4 of my pokeballs, but I manage to catch it, her name is Nemo. I then battled my way to kriketune and patchirisu and added them both to my team, the kriketune was a female, so I nicknamed her Shelly, cause why not =P. The patchirisu was a male, and I nicknamed him Jolt.

Now with a pretty good team going, went ahead to finish up the rest of the trainers in peridot, and then went to battle Fern. SHelly did most of the work in the fight, but Bertha and Jolt snuck in there for some xp as well, all in all, no issues with Fern. After calling me a looser anyway and leaving, I went ahead to the gym, only to find out I gotta help out with invading some factory, so I go ahead, team up with Fern, and we plow through all the grunts in our way. With all the rock types, there was some good xp for Nemo. With the finla batle between solrock and lunatone at the factory, they managed to knock out Bertha and Nemo, but Shelly swooped in to finish the job.

Now with the factory out of the way, I headed for the gym, showed the trainers in there whos boss, and now am about to face off against Julia.

Current Team:

391.gif Champion: The lvl 14 Jolly Monferno (male) (Iron Fist)

399.gif Bertha: The lvl 14 Jolly Bidoof (female) (Moody)

456.gif Nemo: The lvl 14 Sassy Finneon (female) (Water Veil)

402.gif Shelly: The lvl 14 Docile Kricketune (female) (Technician)

417.gifJolt: The lvl14 Lonely Pachirisu (male) (Volt Absorb)

I got a shiny Kricketune in my Bug Egg Group (as in I'll Use Flygon, Drapion, and Gliscor too) run, but it was male and I couldn't name it Shelly, after the cutest gym leader :(

also I only had to use 6 consecutive Fury Cutters to beat Julia

Edited by Pixl

The battle with Julia has begun!

Leading with Bertha, I was able to take out the Heleoptile with a few rollouts, thank god to no miss hax, this also used up one of Julia's potions. Now the Voltorb comes out, so i switched to Nemo, just to get some damage on it, and Nemo managed to get 2 water guns off before going down to a charge beam. Champion then comes in and takes out the Voltorb with a Mach punch. Julia then went into Emolga, and I decided to switch into Jolt, use a few cute charms to take down Emolga's attack to nothingness, then proceed to 3HKO with Spark. For the second Voltorb, I sent out Bertha again, who managed to get a tackle off before going down. Champion comes in next, but also gets taken out by the voltorb, leaving the voltorb with only a sliver of health left. Jolt now comes in, and Julia uses her second potion, but Jolt lands a crit quick attack and takes that hp back down, and after 2 more quick attacks, and a missed sonic boom, Jolt took down the voltorb. Now with the Blitzle, i swiched in Shelly, who took down that little zebra no probs with 2 fury cutters. Now just the electrode, and with a fury cutter chain still going, the battle ended with Shelly taking out the electrode, and the aftermath killing Shelly! Leaving only Jolt alive, and winning me the battle.

I also remembered there was another gen 4 poke i could catch, a stunky! Introducing Perfume the female Docile Stunky! SHortly after, Bertha hit level 15 and evolved into a Bibarel.

Now entering Obsidian ward.

Current Team:

391.gif Champion: The lvl 15 Jolly Monferno (male) (Iron Fist)

400.gifBertha: The lvl 15 Jolly Bibarel (female) (Moody)

456.gif Nemo: The lvl 14 Sassy Finneon (female) (Water Veil)

402.gif Shelly: The lvl 15 Docile Kricketune (female) (Technician)

417.gifJolt: The lvl16 Lonely Pachirisu (male) (Volt Absorb)

434.gif Perfume: The level 12 Docile Stunky (female) (Stench)