Current team.

jotwas

Hey there, there has been a while since the last time I entered the forums, I needed to study. I decided to start reborn again, and this is what I got, special thanks to Etesian's breeding guide.

Exploud

Scrappy

Modest

252 Sp.Att and HP EVs

Holding silk scarf.

- Boomburst

- Ice beam

- Fire blast

- Surf

Qwilfish

Intimidate

Jolly

252 Att and Speed EVs

Holding black sludge

- Poison Jab

- Waterfall

- Toxic Spikes

- Destiny Bond

Gligar

Immunity

Adamant

252 Att and Defense EVs

Holding toxic orb in the future when it's a Gliscor

- Acrobatics

- Earthquake

- Swords Dance

- Brick Break

Trevenant

Frisk

Careful

252 Att and Sp.Def EVs

Holding Big Root

- Shadow Claw

- Will-O-Wisp

- Horn Leech

- Substitute

Scrafty

Moxie

Jolly

252 Att EVs, 100 Speed EVs, 152 HP EVs

Holding Wide Lens

- Dragon Dance

- Crunch

- High Jump Kick

- Ice Punch

Elektross

Levitate

Modest

252 Sp.Att and HP EVs

Holding Zap Plate

- Flamethrower

- Discharge

- Grass Knot

- Charge Beam

Houndoom

Flash Fire

Timid

252 Sp.Att and Speed EVs

Holding Charcoal

- Sludge Bomb

- Dark Pulse

- Flamethrower

- Nasty Plot

Florges

Flower Veil

Modest

252 Sp.Att and Defense EVs

Holding Nothing

- Psychic

- Moonblast

- Calm mind

- Flash (Yeah, it's quite useful, but I need to replace it, I know)

I'd love some suggestions.

Edited by jotwas

Oh hey, I still remember your last team topic here, that one was pretty sweet. Seems like you're getting the hang of this stuff now. Well, let's see what we can do here!

Stack up on those Normal Gems, like a few dozens of those. There's no reason not to spam Boomburst, like what else is money useful for in-game right now?

About the rest of the set, can't do much better. I despise Fire Blast's accuracy and we do have that Flamethrower TM, so.......you decide. The power drop is hardly noticeable, and a little less damage is better than no damage because of misses.

Still don't get why an inflated fish has such a great movepool. Ah well. Considering it's main use in comp is hazard-setting, which is unnecessary in-game...that's about as good a Qwilfish as Qwilfish can get, but it's still a Qwilfish. It has decent defense due to Intimidate and decent attack, but you might wanna consider switching it out for something? Sure, you can keep it, whatever floats your weird balloon fish goat, but, for example, Seismitoad and Dragalge also have strong Water- and Poison-typed attacks. They are a slower, but have it beat in all other regards. If those don't interest you, we can also figure something else, what should a replacement have?

Acrobatics really won't be good for it when it's a Gliscor. Instead, how about Stone Edge/Rock Slide? Rock and Ground together have perfect coverage on all but Torterra, Virizion and Breloom, but if you just set up properly, they should be no problem. Again, I prefer the more accurate move, but that one's up to you again. SD is just fine. For the last move, both Poison Jab and Knock Off work.

Looks like what you're going for with this set is more of a defensive set? If you want something bulky yet incredibly damaging, Gourgeist does it waaaaay better. Leech Seed, Will-o-Wisp, Phantom Force, Protect annihilates any and all physical attackers. Also, you can just dump all EVs into Defense and Health since Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp together take 1/4th of the foes health every turn and the combination of both Protect and PF make you invulnerable every 2 out of 3 turns and Will-o weakness the hits you'd take when you actually can be hit, which'll happen once, since the foe will lose (and partially give you) 75% of their health just to hit you once. This thing soloed Solaris' Garchomp without difficulty and was able to do the same against any other physical attacker, including a good chunk of Luna's line-up. The only thing Trevenant really beats this thing in is physical attack, but damage is no issue with this thing due to the statuses.

With EVs and nature, you might as well maximize bulk. DD will get you to outspeed everything anyways and both DD and Moxie will get your attack stat through the roof, might as well go all-out on the bulk to make setting up that much easier. I'd go for Impish and max HP and Defense EVs.

Ah, Eelektross, one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Wish we had an Expert Belt somewhere, it's like Eelektross was made for that item. Though Reborn makes that matter not as much because the thing it's god-tier in, it's movepool, is so limited in Reborn! If you want to keep your current set (sorta), due to it's low Speed, Charge Beam's buffs are inferior to Acid Spray's drops since they have much more of an immediate effect and it also lets another special attacker come in and clean up if Eelektross is downed.

But I think you should consider a Coil set. Now that an Iron Tail tutor exists in 7th Street, it's actually really really good. Any combination of Bounce (30% para chance), Iron Tail, Brick Break and Crunch works really well, but I like BB, IT and Bounce the most. Uh, then also Defense EVs are much better than Health ones, since Coil is more effective in that case.

Make this thing's Ability Unnerve, we won't be seeing too many Fire-typed attacks I don't think, unless they're STAB, in which case you might as well just use your other STAB. As for Sludge Bomb, I did think it didn't really get anything terribly useful, but did you know this thing gets Destiny Bond? Yeah, me neither, I just looked that up. The chain is either Qwilfish>Inkay>Delibird>Houndo or just Smeargle>Houndo. It's got some pretty good Speed and Sludge Bomb really doesn't do much for your coverage anyways, so there's that.

Go with Energy Ball or Grass Knot instead of Flash. Not much this thing can run.

You could also consider throwing a Trick Roomer in there, but if you go for Coil Eelektross, you'd be fine without it- or rather, you wouldn't be as dependent on it.

Etesian's pretty god at this, so expect him to give you at least a 7 paragraph list of suggestions. :P

Are your Pokémon IV bred? If not, there's a lot of time between now & when E15 is released, so it'll give you something to do.

My pokemon aren't IV bred, but I might try that since I'll need to do some changes to them.

Oh hey, I still remember your last team topic here, that one was pretty sweet. Seems like you're getting the hang of this stuff now. Well, let's see what we can do here!

Stack up on those Normal Gems, like a few dozens of those. There's no reason not to spam Boomburst, like what else is money useful for in-game right now?

About the rest of the set, can't do much better. I despise Fire Blast's accuracy and we do have that Flamethrower TM, so.......you decide. The power drop is hardly noticeable, and a little less damage is better than no damage because of misses.

Still don't get why an inflated fish has such a great movepool. Ah well. Considering it's main use in comp is hazard-setting, which is unnecessary in-game...that's about as good a Qwilfish as Qwilfish can get, but it's still a Qwilfish. It has decent defense due to Intimidate and decent attack, but you might wanna consider switching it out for something? Sure, you can keep it, whatever floats your weird balloon fish goat, but, for example, Seismitoad and Dragalge also have strong Water- and Poison-typed attacks. They are a slower, but have it beat in all other regards. If those don't interest you, we can also figure something else, what should a replacement have?

Acrobatics really won't be good for it when it's a Gliscor. Instead, how about Stone Edge/Rock Slide? Rock and Ground together have perfect coverage on all but Torterra, Virizion and Breloom, but if you just set up properly, they should be no problem. Again, I prefer the more accurate move, but that one's up to you again. SD is just fine. For the last move, both Poison Jab and Knock Off work.

Looks like what you're going for with this set is more of a defensive set? If you want something bulky yet incredibly damaging, Gourgeist does it waaaaay better. Leech Seed, Will-o-Wisp, Phantom Force, Protect annihilates any and all physical attackers. Also, you can just dump all EVs into Defense and Health since Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp together take 1/4th of the foes health every turn and the combination of both Protect and PF make you invulnerable every 2 out of 3 turns and Will-o weakness the hits you'd take when you actually can be hit, which'll happen once, since the foe will lose (and partially give you) 75% of their health just to hit you once. This thing soloed Solaris' Garchomp without difficulty and was able to do the same against any other physical attacker, including a good chunk of Luna's line-up. The only thing Trevenant really beats this thing in is physical attack, but damage is no issue with this thing due to the statuses.

With EVs and nature, you might as well maximize bulk. DD will get you to outspeed everything anyways and both DD and Moxie will get your attack stat through the roof, might as well go all-out on the bulk to make setting up that much easier. I'd go for Impish and max HP and Defense EVs.

Ah, Eelektross, one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Wish we had an Expert Belt somewhere, it's like Eelektross was made for that item. Though Reborn makes that matter not as much because the thing it's god-tier in, it's movepool, is so limited in Reborn! If you want to keep your current set (sorta), due to it's low Speed, Charge Beam's buffs are inferior to Acid Spray's drops since they have much more of an immediate effect and it also lets another special attacker come in and clean up if Eelektross is downed.

But I think you should consider a Coil set. Now that an Iron Tail tutor exists in 7th Street, it's actually really really good. Any combination of Bounce (30% para chance), Iron Tail, Brick Break and Crunch works really well, but I like BB, IT and Bounce the most. Uh, then also Defense EVs are much better than Health ones, since Coil is more effective in that case.

Make this thing's Ability Unnerve, we won't be seeing too many Fire-typed attacks I don't think, unless they're STAB, in which case you might as well just use your other STAB. As for Sludge Bomb, I did think it didn't really get anything terribly useful, but did you know this thing gets Destiny Bond? Yeah, me neither, I just looked that up. The chain is either Qwilfish>Inkay>Delibird>Houndo or just Smeargle>Houndo. It's got some pretty good Speed and Sludge Bomb really doesn't do much for your coverage anyways, so there's that.

Go with Energy Ball or Grass Knot instead of Flash. Not much this thing can run.

You could also consider throwing a Trick Roomer in there, but if you go for Coil Eelektross, you'd be fine without it- or rather, you wouldn't be as dependent on it.

Holy crap, that's a lot of text. Anyways, thank you for the suggestions, let'see.

Since fire moves are not stab on Exploud, there's no point on running a weaker move. Stacking normal gems will be great for doubles, but otherwise I'll just lose it in the first turn and then become useless.

This thing has paper thin defenses, I agree, but if i want to switch out I'll need a physical water type, what do you recommend?

What's the breeding chain for earthquake, poison jab and rock slide?

I wanted something to stall speciall attackers, and hit hard at the same time. I'll try this gourgeist, again, what's the breeding chain?

No attack investment? I know, moxie is great, but some 80 EVs in attack instead of defense won't be bad.

Coil looks interesting, never noticed this thing has no weaknesses and perfect coverage for every single pokemon that exists, that's insane. Also, then I think I should invest in SpDef EVs, because Coil is already going to boost my physical defense.

That's daice idea, but I'm currently thinking of a set with sunny day/solarbeam instead of nastyplot/sludge bomb, what do you think? If I have the bulk to set up a nasty plot, I'll definitely have the bulk to set up a sunny day and wreck.

Maybe HP Fighting, ground or fire for steel types.

Any suggestions for a new trick roomer?

Holy crap, that's a lot of text. Anyways, thank you for the suggestions, let'see.

Since fire moves are not stab on Exploud, there's no point on running a weaker move. Stacking normal gems will be great for doubles, but otherwise I'll just lose it in the first turn and then become useless.

This thing has paper thin defenses, I agree, but if i want to switch out I'll need a physical water type, what do you recommend?

What's the breeding chain for earthquake, poison jab and rock slide?

I wanted something to stall speciall attackers, and hit hard at the same time. I'll try this gourgeist, again, what's the breeding chain?

No attack investment? I know, moxie is great, but some 80 EVs in attack instead of defense won't be bad.

Coil looks interesting, never noticed this thing has no weaknesses and perfect coverage for every single pokemon that exists, that's insane. Also, then I think I should invest in SpDef EVs, because Coil is already going to boost my physical defense.

That's daice idea, but I'm currently thinking of a set with sunny day/solarbeam instead of nastyplot/sludge bomb, what do you think? If I have the bulk to set up a nasty plot, I'll definitely have the bulk to set up a sunny day and wreck.

Maybe HP Fighting, ground or fire for steel types.

Any suggestions for a new trick roomer?

That is an argument, but it's not even 15% weaker than Fire Blast while the accuracy is way more important. And yeah, I meant mostly for doubles, but also for battles where you likely won't be able to live 2 hits.

If I may ask, what for? Everything Water hits super-effectively is much more physically defensive than specially, so a special attacker would be more effective. I'd really recommend you grab a Seismitoad since it's currently the only usable thing with both Poison- and Water-typed attacks.

Nonetheless, here you are, all physical Water types I consider viable in Reborn:

Kingler- Agility is a must. It's like a Honckrow, the only thing preventing sweeps is it's Speed. Use Archeops for both Rock Slide and Agility.

Swampert- Curse is the way to go. Waterfall, EQ, Avalanche, Curse is IMO the best set.

Crawdaunt- DD. Nuff said, I guess.

Huntail- Currently the best physical Water type in the game IMO. Unlike all other Shell Smashers, it doesn't have that sucky Rock typing while still having great physical defense and it's special defense is actually considerable unlike something like Carracosta.

Azumarill

Poison Jab is a Heart Scale move for Gliscor, so you can just wait for that. Or if you don't want to wait (and this one was such a pain to figure out), Nincada>Spinarak>Dwebble>Gligar gets you, Rock Slide, Poison Jab and Dig. Yes, Dig. About the same power as EQ (the slight damage drop doesn't matter since you can just Swords Dance it up) and it gets you a free turn for extra Poison Heal health.

Dude, you have a Florges! And you can make that Scrafty Specially Defensive nature- and EV-wise since Gourgeist can handle any (non-Fire since they can't be burned) physical attacker while also doing tons of passive damage, you kill any foe in effectively 1 turn after both statuses since you have that invincibility combo in Protect and PF. Trust me, this Gourgeist is a monster. The chain is just Yamask>Pumpkaboo since Yamask gets both Protect and Will-o by level-up.

80 EVs=20 points. After 2 DDs, uninvested Scrafty has 430-ish attack. With 80 EVs, that'd be 470-ish, not even 10% more. Just max it's bulk. Special Bulk, since you'll have a freaking Gourgeist.

It gets usable attacking moves from 15 types, it's one of my favorites of all time!

Yeah, that'd probably be better actually since you can just set up on physical attackers either way, might as well have some extra Special Defense since Special Attackers can likely outspeed you. They won't hit you more than once, but yeah. Careful is probably it's best nature then.

Azumarill and Carbink are the only things you'd get coverage on with Solar Beam, your STABs would be stronger on just about everything else. Not to mention that Sunny Day boosts Fire attacks by less than Nasty Plot and Dark attacks by nothing. Just swap Sludge Bomb for Destiny Bomb and you're good to go.

Thing is, you'd die. Even if you pile all you can into physical attack, physical Steel-type attacks are almost guaranteed to 2HKO you. Steel is a rarer type, so you're generally fine setting up, but having a counter to Steel on something slow and weak to it, is no good.

Reuniclus is IMO the best. There's also, Bronzong, Exeggutor, Gardevoir, Dusknoir, Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, Chandelure and Malamar.