Gen 2 Run - Eagleby's MonoGen Challenge accepted

Follow

Just rolled that die and got gen 4, so once im done with puting te final touche to my current team, I think i may give a gen 4 run a try.

Looking forward to seeing more of your gen 2 run, keep it up!

Edited by deadpool848

Well, looks like you're doing good so far! I tried doing a 5th gen monorun (I put it on hiatus to do an Ash run, which I'm currently still doing), and I can say for certain that these runs are pretty darn hard. Good luck with yours!

By the way, if I were you, I would have named your Teddiursa Freddy, because, well...

Chapter 05: Rematches, Gangs and new team members

When you see "hiker ____ is going to send out onix", you are like "Ha, the worst pokemon ever, going to send out my grass type", right? Wrong.

My boy onix is SO BULKY on the physical side, IT EVEN TOOK A RAZOR LEAF (It's from a sewaddle, I know, but it's a razor leaf). I named him rocky, because I was out of creativity, and he's AMAZING, rock tomb speed drop to support Teddy and Cielo, who aren't that fast, and CURSE, I'm going to curse up against that cradily just to laugh when it starts spamming smack down. Anyways, Rocky cleaned up the bridge alone. "Right so then he became useless against Victoria right?" Wrong again.

Victoria was so easy, even with Set style on. Lead with rocky, set up a curse, 2HKO the ralts, 3HKO the makuhita (Force Palm did literally nothing). And then switch out against the pignite because it started spamming defense curl, then I send out Cielo, who came and knock it out with a water gun, pretty easy battle. Really Victoria, you got wrecked by my boy Rocky. I really need to say this: Onix is OP early game where's the axe.

New team member! Jotho really doesn't have many grass types, I just don't feel like using Meganium, just because I have a MUCH BETTER GRASS POKEMON AVALIABLE: Hoppip. It came with 0 IVs in attack and 4 in SpAtt, but who cares? This thing's stall set is amazing: Sleep powder, leech seed, substitute, infestation. I'm going to use the flip helper to get substitute, and infestation is at the underground railnet, I just have to wait a little bit, hopefully it will be a great team member. It also came with a +speed nature, which is really cool, because he's going to need as much speed as possible. Also, feel free to suggest a nickname for a male hoppip, I have no ideas.

The scraggy gang, hoppip just spammed sleep powder while Cielo spammed Ice fang, I do want to use the ability capsule for sheer force Ice Fang, but I do want the secondary effects for that tangrowth. After beating the gang, Hoppip was at level 17, just one more level and I'll have a powerful skiploom, who is faster, and can do the stall work much better than hoppip does. For now I just have a poison synthesis stall, which is kinda bad, since poison powder has terrible accuracy, gotta check when does this thing learn leech seed.

Then it's time to fight Cain, it was a pretty easy battle though, I just spammed Ice fang with Cielo, I just had to switch to Rocky when the venonat appeared. Strange thing: That nidorino tried to use focus energy twice in a row, like... what is happening to the AI? Also, for the first time I noticed that there is a fisherman in the docks, and he battles you, wow, but... why mentioning this? Because hoppip evolved after the fight. Onwards to the obsidia park, my boy skiploom (please suggest a nickname) ready to wreck ZEL.

But still, meganium has better stats and access to dual screens, so why Jumpluff? Well...I really like meganium but who can resist this cute little face?

189.gif189-3.gif189-2.gif

Chapter 06: Pulse tangrowth

I thought that ZEL was going to be hard, but...

I just cleaned the obsidia ward, everyone with 21+ levels, Cielo learned cut, ready to the fight... Leading with skiploom (nickname, please), get of two tail whips on that ugly tangrowth before fainting, then Teddy spammed fury swipes, the end. In my first save file I had a really bad time against ZEL, but this? This was so easy that I could beat him even if he had two tangrowths (maybe). I saved the daycare couple, but I don't think I'm going to use them just yet.

Also, skiploom is terrible, I need to evolve it as soon as possible so it will be able to do some work, but I'm thinking about waiting until Aya so I can get Infestation, ugh, I really want to use it, but he'll have to stay at my box for a while. I caught some nice mons in the park, like sunflora, sentret and bonsly, but I'm not going to use them in the main team anyways. Sentret is going to be a HM Slave as soon as I get rock smash and breed a new one with frisk and covet for item searching in wild pokemon. If you didn't know that, if you breed a male teddiursa with covet and a female sentret (breed multiple eggs so you can get one with frisk) and then catch someone with compoundeyes, you can have a Frisk + covet combo in one pokemon, it's really useful, just saying.

Time to clean the Onyx ward, I'm probably going to fight Fern in the next update, then, in another update I'll fight Flobot, I have no idea on how to deal with her. I'm probably going to train a hoothoot that I have in my PC box to see if I can have an easier battle.

Nickname for Jumpluff Skiploom? How about Pore? (Spore-->Pore, yeah, it's bad)

Also, use Hoothoot, there are few Gen 2 Flying types and Uproar es godly early game. Now go and comment my monotype.

There's only Hoothoot avaliable before Flobot (There's Ledian, but it's way too terrible), omg, that nickname tho, mega jumpluff with spore and prankster confirmed for X2 Y2. Ha, I'm going to do comment now, but I want to use Xatu as my flying type (When I reach the place, of course)

Edited by Follow

All right guys, so, this is not going to be a chapter, it's just because I made a decision. I'm going to wait for E15 and Serra field effect so I can keep up this monorun, I just want to have a chance to fight her in her new field effect, so I'll have to wait, hopefully it's not going to take so long.

All right guys, so, this is not going to be a chapter, it's just because I made a decision. I'm going to wait for E15 and Serra field effect so I can keep up this monorun, I just want to have a chance to fight her in her new field effect, so I'll have to wait, hopefully it's not going to take so long.

That doesn't mean you have to stop playing now, you have a lot of time until Serra, so continue up to... idk, Aya maybe? Just before Serra? (You don't want to loose the opportunity to get the Azumarill).