New PC, New Beginning, New Team

Kiryuu

My old computer when bye-bye on me. I recently started Reborn again...well twice now with my new PC since this time I decided to

pick my favorite starter of all times...Bulbasaur (I remember it's no longer available so had to ditch Totodile...). Nonetheless here's the team I plan to build. I don't plan to change none of my members once I build it.... The Poke I want are finally available thanks to EP14....couldn't care less about Dragons-Type, Froslass eats them for breakfast anyway:

Venusaur
HP 252 / Sp.A 252 / Defense 6
Modest
Chlorophyll
-Sludge Bomb
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Froslass
Hp 6 / Sp. 252 / Speed 252
Modest
Snow Cloak
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Hail
-Hidden Power (Ground)
Ninetales
HP 6 / Sp.Atk 252 / Speed 252
Modest
Drought
-Flamethrower
-Extrasensory
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot
Mienshao
HP 6 / Attack 252 / Speed 252
Adamant/Naughty (If I plan to run HP)
Reckless
-High Jump Kick
-Knock Off
-Stone Edge
-Bounce/Hidden Power ([???], what would be the best Type?)
Electivire
Attack 252 / Sp.A 58 / Speed 200
Lonely
Vital Spirit
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Hidden Power (Water)
Gliscor (Once Razor Fang is available, at least Gligar is in the game)
HP 252 / Speed 252 / Sp. Defense 6
Jolly
Hyper Cutter
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance
I had a team similar to this, but hehh is dead now. I been wanting to use a Gligar for a while, when I was a kid I always love this guy. Didn't notice it had a evolution until 2 days ago >_> . What can I said? I like to discuss Poke movesets so throw me your suggestions :3

I think even if you don't plan on giving it a toxic orb you should still put poison heal on Gliscor, because short of the occasional intimidate I don't find my attack being dropped that late in the game. I also think it's very counter intuitive to be putting both a drought Ninetales and a hail Froslass on the same team. Maybe something like ice beam, shadow ball, destiny bond, and something else?

How did you get energy ball on Ninetales and also how did you get electivire?

and team is very nice

If you backtrack to episode 12, you can breed TM moves onto other pokemons.

Also, I agree with Sheep, having hail on your Froslass is not the best option given your team. I recommend teaching your Meinshao either Acrobatics, U-turn or Poison jab for the last slot (bounce and HP are really bad on it). There is no point in giving your Electivire HP water, you don't need that coverage (it's counter intuitive with drought) and there are better options such as Earthquake, Fire Punch and Rock Slide (and you can invest more EVs on speed or HP).

Edited by Farnsworth

HP Ground/Fire seems a lot better than Ice on Venusaur to handle the pesky Steel types that resist your STAB moves, giving you much better coverage.

I agree with the above, Hail helps only one member of your team (which might not even get much out of it due to being so frail) while harming 4 other members on your team. So how about Destiny Bond instead (and Timid)? In which case Ice Beam>Blizzard. Also, HP Fighting is much better for it since only Normal/something and Dark/something types resist both of your STABs.

Instead of Extrasensory, HP Rock is something to look into. Fire, Grass and Rock together have really good coverage.

Instead of Stone Edge and Bounce/HP-whatever, grab a Farfetch'd and get yourself Acrobatics, Knock Off and Poison Jab.

Farnsworth, EQ and Rock Slide can't be bred onto Electivire because Elekid can't learn those moves. Though Fire Punch would be better than HP Water, or any HP for the matter. I'm really not a fan of CC's low accuracy, so maybe Brick Break would be better, especially since you wouldn't even be using it that much and screens can be a huge pain, though that's up to you.

ever think of removing the hard disk on your old Pc ? o.o that would effectively restore your old reborn playthrough and allow you to continue from there , i know not really the point of this thread but meh :3

...I also think it's very counter intuitive to be putting both a drought Ninetales and a hail Froslass on the same team....

I never really had a problem with this. Has soon Froslass was done destroying with Hail, I would switch out for Ninetales to take out Hail with Drought. I always felt Froslass wouldn't be much effective because not only it doesn't hit hard, it's frail, weak like a little chihuahua. I felt Hail would fix the frail part having Snow Cloak (with brightpowder on top of it) and having Blizzard (with 100% accuracy) would give it that extra power it's missing too. This combo help me solo Terra with Froslass... I would take into consideration though once I get a Snorunt.

How did you get energy ball on Ninetales and also how did you get electivire?

and team is very nice

Since someone already answer the Energy Ball on Ninetales, let me answer you the Electivire. When I started Reborn, you could get Elekid earlier in the game (this was long ago though). I got my hands on EP9, I was able to get Magby early, pretty sure Elekid is available early too.

There is no point in giving your Electivire HP water, you don't need that coverage (it's counter intuitive with drought) and there are better options such as Earthquake, Fire Punch and Rock Slide (and you can invest more EVs on speed or HP).

I though it would be good at least having 1 Water-Type move :P, but I agree, it's counter intuitive with drought. Ohh, I wish I could teach it EQ....

HP Ground/Fire seems a lot better than Ice on Venusaur to handle the pesky Steel types that resist your STAB moves, giving you much better coverage.

I agree with the above, Hail helps only one member of your team (which might not even get much out of it due to being so frail) while harming 4 other members on your team. So how about Destiny Bond instead (and Timid)? In which case Ice Beam>Blizzard. Also, HP Fighting is much better for it since only Normal/something and Dark/something types resist both of your STABs.

Instead of Extrasensory, HP Rock is something to look into. Fire, Grass and Rock together have really good coverage.

Instead of Stone Edge and Bounce/HP-whatever, grab a Farfetch'd and get yourself Acrobatics, Knock Off and Poison Jab.

....Though Fire Punch would be better than HP Water, or any HP for the matter. I'm really not a fan of CC's low accuracy, so maybe Brick Break would be better, especially since you wouldn't even be using it that much and screens can be a huge pain, though that's up to you.

HP Ground/Fire.... good points. I going for HP Ground them.

Like I told Sheep, I would take this to consideration. HP Fighting....we see. Although Destiny Bond is a pretty good move...

HP Rock over Extrasensory is actually a very nice idea. I don't need Psychic coverage, Rock I do need :P

Thanks for this one. I seriously wasn't sure what to run for Mienshao

IDK what to put for that 4th move to be honest. Fire Punch could be a good combo with Drought, I actually never thought of that until now. CC accuracy doesn't bother me. If Electivire was a sweeper I would 100% run BB, I like the CC extra power :P

for Mienshao, I'd suggest HP Poison or Steel for Fairy type coverage; if Venusaur goes down beforehand

Taking Etesian suggestion with Poison Jab

ever think of removing the hard disk on your old Pc ? o.o that would effectively restore your old reborn playthrough and allow you to continue from there....

I wish it was that easy...my old laptop was about 7-9 years old nearly a decade >_>