dondon151 plays Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, hard mode 0% growths

dondon151

Hi everyone,

Ame's Starlight Divide thread in the Development Blog sub-forum reminded me that users here may like turn-based strategy RPGs. I have an ongoing let's play (actually almost finished) of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade that may interest those users.

Here's an introduction to the series:

Here's the playlist containing a video for every chapter: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPtcK2f-aIoT9WbxLMRByDhQjGVLxqz9e

Currently chapters 1 through 24 are finished.

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade is the 6th game in the Fire Emblem series. It was released exclusively in Japan, but there is a high-quality translation patch recently released by a team on the Fire Emblem fansite, Serenes Forest.

In Fire Emblem, units have growth rates corresponding to each of their stats that confer a chance for that stat to increase upon leveling up. In this let's play, I edited all of the playable units' growth rates to 0%.

Edited by dondon151

The LP is actually almost done, I just never posted it here when I first started because I figured that interest would be non-existent. It's an old game in a relatively niche series that was never released in the west, I was playing the game in its native Japanese, plus I was skipping cutscenes if at all possible and playing the game really quickly.

It's something that's accessible if you've played Fire Emblem at all, but if you haven't, well, you are probably going to be lost. Mekkah and I tried to maximize clarity and conciseness in the commentary, but we can only do so much.

Edited by dondon151