[Other] Write characters based on songs.

Chevaleresse

I figure it'll be a good exercise for everyone, as well as a handy base for any authors looking for material*. If anyone is interested we could turn this into a little contest, but for now I'll just post a few songs and eventually get cracking on a few. My suggestions will be kept to songs about individuals.

*With permission, of course. These characters are intellectual property and that should be respected.

Here's a basic format/mini-tutorial.

Name: Drawing from foreign languages can help, as well as name generators. For the appropriate genres, fictional languages can help. My latest character's name consists of three bits taken from Greek and Sindarin (better known as Elvish.)

(Genre/Universe: Optional, but if it's written as a character in an existing 'verse it helps to mention it.)

Appearance: More important than you think. Try to make their appearance relevant to the character's personality or backstory.

Personality: Normally this should come up in writing, but since these are characters sliced loose from participation in a work of fiction it is best to mention it here. This is where a lot of Sues crop up, so please take a look and check if it is interesting and/or realistic.

Special Abilities: Most characters exist because they are exceptional in some way. What, exactly, makes them exceptional? Are they a master tactician able to spot strategies with a passing glance? Can they light their eyeballs on fire? Even if it's not a strictly paranormal ability, mention any outstanding traits.

Songs:

Dragonaut - Judas Priest

The Soulforged - Blind Guardian

Ocean Soul - Nightwish

The Savior - Iron Savior

Maid of Orleans - Dark Moor

Yes, they're all power metal. Deal with it.