Mamoswine

Qaaz

Had a plan

Mamoswine with

Icicle Crash

EQ

Super Power

Freeze-Dry (Yes special I know)

I got the Icicle Crash on Beartic and was looking for Superpower and Freeze-Dry.

Superpower: Tutor > Oh, my luck

Freeze-Dry: Only with Smeargle. The problem is how in the hell can the Smeargle learn it? > Oh, my luck part 2

So what can I do now? I was looking for Avalanche but even this is Smeargle only breed.

Any ideas? Besides Ice Shard

Currently, there are two ways you can allow Smeargle to learn those moves: Sketching the move from a Wild Smeargle that you allow it to sketch the move of your choice or Sketching the move through a Double Battle. For the first method, I recommend reading this thread where Gutten_Tag posted an example of how he does it -> Smeargle Learn Attacks?. For the second method, the only repeatable double battle currently is the Couple at the Grand Hall, which can be found on Sundays. From there, its pretty much the same as Gutten_Tag explained, but instead you would have Smeargle and the mon of that has the move you want to learn as its partner. Then, allow the mon to use the move and Smeargle sketch it (make sure your Smeargle goes after the other mon so it doesn't waste its Sketch move). If you want a more-detailed example of this process, let me know so I can do so.

Anyways, my current moveset for my Mamoswine is Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, EQ, and Freeze-Dry. You could always try to get Rock Slide or Icicle Crash on it as well through Smeargle as well.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Yes I forgot about that.

Its 5:15 in the morning here and I don't sleep at all so I forgot about that. I'm already on the way to catch a Smeargle with Freeze-Dry. And probably I will just wait for Superpower Tutor to be available in game

Yep, Simon's got it. Then I'll just add that we have no idea when/if a Superpower tutor will be added, so I'd recommend Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Earthquake and Freeze-Dry/Body Slam/a Rock move/Curse.

I-Spear has a 66% chance to be weaker than I-Crash when used, Ice Shard priority is a must since it's not that bulky and can OHKO stuff like Garchomp, EQ is obvious. For the last move, Freeze-Dry has it's uses, but if the foe doesn't resist Ground, EQ does more than F-Dry against a foe with equal defenses. Body Slam's high paralysis chance can work well with I-Crash's high flinch chance. A Rock move's uses are obvious. Curse can help it set up nicely, boosting both attack and defense, but it's not that slow, so the Speed-down may be harmful at times.

I'd recommend adamant or jolly.

-Icicle Crash (STAB and has a flinch chance)

-Earthquake (STAB and it's powerful)

-Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Ice Shard (A rock move is useful in this case, but what about Ice Shard? In the future it can take care of Solaris' Garchomp, Saphira's Dragonite, Heather's salamence if we fight her someday, and any flygons. It's not the most powerful move ever, but mamoswine has great attack, if it doesn't kill, it's going to put the foe's HP on the red limit.

-Curse/Freeze-Dry/Superpower (If it's adamant curse is not a bad idea, freeze dry can take care of water types, but are you sure? Amaria is coming and you are probably not going to outspeed her kingdra, and as mamoswine is not that bulky on the special side..., but that's fine, it's going to be useful if she has any ground/water like swampert or seismitoad, but I prefer superpower over them(only via move tutor).

Steps to get freeze-dry

1) Go to the obsidia candy shop and try to buy a vanilla ice cream, vanillite is going to drop down.

2) Evolve it to vanilluxe.

3) Go to the move tutor and teach vanilluxe freeze-dry.

4) Catch a smeargle in the mysdia railcave.

5) Use common candies on vannilluxe (so it won't kill the smeargle). And put a quick claw on it.

6) Find another smeargle.

7) Use freeze-dry and it's going to sketch it.

8) Put your smeargle on the field.

9) It's going to use freeze-dry against your smeargle, sketch it.

10) Now you have a smeargle with freeze-dry.

Edited by jotwas

Yeah already got the Smeargle with Freeze-Dry the problem is the Avalanche

Every other Smeargle outspeeds the Aurorus I use for both attacks so I can have my Freeze-Dry Smeargle to sketch it from the other one.

I don't care too much about dragons, neither Amaria (Freeze-Dry) I want to make it for back up team and I have lot of Pokemon to use except the Mamoswine. I will make sure for Freeze-Dry and Avalanche when I use them on Dragons or Amaria to Mamoswine hold a Focus Sash or something like that