Thoughts on this team post-Charlotte

dondon151

Eh, somewhat haha. The movesets and EV spreads are a bit odd, but those two are alright. Are you going to post the other four?

Also, if you wanted suggestions to improve your team, you can check out Etesian's Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets for some ideas. For Blaziken, try to get SD on it by breeding any Male mon from the Field Egg Group with Swords Dance onto it. With Diggersby, you can try to breed/add Return/Frustration onto it from a Male Lopunny.

Overall, the ideal moveset for Blaziken would be SD/Bulk Up, Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick, Hi Jump Kick, and a move of your choice while Diggersby would be Swords Dance, Return, Quick Attack, Earthquake.

EDIT: Forgot to say Natures should be Adamant, but Jolly can be used. 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe EVs for both of em.

Eh, somewhat haha. The movesets and EV spreads are a bit odd, but those two are alright. Are you going to post the other four?

I guess the other slots are HM slaves.

You probably should start to look for a counter for Amaria. Probably a special attacker so it counters Ciel's Altaria if it has Cotton Guard. Although this is just a suggestion for future episodes.

Edited by Yazmat

That's it? 2 Poke? you trolling? lol

Post the rest of the team....

Impossible. Get a Bibarel and he can learn all the HM moves (except Flash)....

He said in another Thread the you can play through the game only with Blaziken and Diggersby. He could already have a Bibarel as HM Slave and the rest is just death fodder for reviving Blaziken and Diggersby.

Also, if you wanted suggestions to improve your team, you can check out Etesian's Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets for some ideas. For Blaziken, try to get SD on it by breeding any Male mon from the Field Egg Group with Swords Dance onto it. With Diggersby, you can try to breed/add Return/Frustration onto it from a Male Lopunny.

Overall, the ideal moveset for Blaziken would be SD/Bulk Up, Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick, Hi Jump Kick, and a move of your choice while Diggersby would be Swords Dance, Return, Quick Attack, Earthquake.

EDIT: Forgot to say Natures should be Adamant, but Jolly can be used. 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe EVs for both of em.

I should probably explain that this is the speedrun team, so breeding is completely out of the question. I don't like Etesian's recommended sets because I think some of them are sub-optimal for in-game use. For example:

- Bulk Up is better than SD on Blaziken because the defense boosts aid setup and is also useful in double or tag battles when Blaziken can only OHKO one Pokemon at a time. Blaziken can set up on most physical attackers thanks to the def boosts.

- Blaze Kick is preferred over Flare Blitz because the recoil damage makes sweeping impossible.

- Return is better than Strength on Diggersby, but Strength is more accessible.

- Flail is a good option on Diggersby because it's incredibly strong if Diggersby's HP can be manipulated to fall below 10%. There was one part in the route where Diggersby uses Take Down to reduce its HP to single digits and then Flail sweeps two trainers. For Mewtwo, Diggersby can survive Ice Beam with a Focus Sash (actually he doesn't even need a Focus Sash to survive sometimes) and OHKO in return with Flail. I experimented a little with the Terra battle and Diggersby can stay at 1 HP after the Mewtwo fight to OHKO her Quagsire and maybe Claydol with Flail as well.

There's also the Sticky Barb available in the department store to reduce Diggersby's HP in a controlled manner.

- Blaziken doesn't want a -spatk nature because it has to use Ember before it evolves and learns Double Kick.

You probably should start to look for a counter for Amaria. Probably a special attacker so it counters Ciel's Altaria if it has Cotton Guard. Although this is just a suggestion for future episodes.

It depends on what she leads with; if she leads with a physically attacking water-type, Blaziken can set up on it with Bulk Up and Intimidate support. If she leads with a specially attacking water-type, I'm going to have to find a way to deal with it. The water surface terrain that she's probably going to have is more of a problem. What I can do for it is catch a Snover or Abomasnow in Ametrine City and use Blizzard to freeze over the surface. I'm still going to have to find a way to set up, but I have some options in Prankster Pokemon - Stun Spore Cottonee, Confuse Ray Sableye, Light Screen Meowstic-M, Tailwind Whimsicott - I'll tackle the problem when I have to deal with it.

Same deal with Ciel.

That's it? 2 Poke? you trolling? lol

Post the rest of the team....

Impossible. Get a Bibarel and he can learn all the HM moves (except Flash)....

Glameow L15

Ability: Keen Eye

Nature: Hasty

- Fake Out

- Cut

- Growl

- Hypnosis

Ralts L10

Ability: Synchronize

Nature: Mild

- Growl

- Confusion