Reborn Team (improvements requested)

mdman1

Hello, I'd like to ask for improvements and advice regarding my reborn team. I'm sure there are lots of problems since I'm not a competitive battler. I don't EV train at all... I've been playing the game for a year and been having a blast though its been super tough at times. Then I thought I might as well ask all the pros here for tips and advice. I haven't been paying too much thought to composition, just having fun with whatever comes along.

My current team:

1. Arcanine lvl 67 Intimidate HP206 A185 D138 SA167 SD126 S152

Flamethrower

Bite

Strength

Thunder Fang

Comments: Yeah not the best move pool, I used to have strength and rock smash. Some advice on better moves would be appreciated. Thinking of bringing roar back, saw some hilarious stuff in one of Nickaboo's old videos with roar and stealth rocks. Unsure if I should remove strength since it is base 80 and attack is the best stat.

2. Infernape Iron Fist lvl 70 HP199 A187 D135 SA170 SD122 S182

Close Combat

Acrobatics

Grass Knot

Flare Blitz

Comments: My powerhouse, saved me many times. Grass Knot may be questionable but it did come in handy in the recent episode against Terra. Oh dear, just noticed his ability right now, thats negligent of me. Which moves would best suit it? Any room for improvement?

3. Gyarados Moxie lvl 61 HP208 A155 D157 SA101 SD144 S110

Waterfall

Dragon Dance

Ice Fang

Bite

Comments: recent addition, decided to finally take advantage of starting the game back in ep 8. Did not quite finish training him but he performed quite well.

4. Scrafty Intimidate lvl 68 HP 173 A154 D196 SA99 SD179 S109

Brick Break

Hi Jump Kick

Crunch

Facade

Comments: another powerhouse, been delivering since I got it. HJK is rarely used and could be replaced but the situations where it is used are desperate, still on the fence with it. I don't use facade at all but it seems like it could be handy. The tank of the team.

5. Lumineon Swift Swim lvl 71 HP196 A113 D143 SA132 SD131 S167

Bounce

Surf

Rain Dance

Silver Wind

Comments: This guy has saved from so many tight spots and close fights. Originally got it while desperately searching for a way to negate Serra's hail after the 30th loss (arguably my worst fight). Rain dance was a good substitute for sunny day and allowed me to finally win. Then Bounce unexpectedly saved me while fighting Samson. I was not expecting this guy to be the highest level mon in the team. I don't use Silver Wind much though and I haven't used rain dance a lot recently.

6. Flygon Levitate lvl 68 HP203 A184 D117 SA132 SD136 S155

Dragon Claw

Dig

Dragon Tail

Crunch

Comments: A result of my addiction to the coin flip tables. Came on board a couple of eps ago, has performed well.

7. Alakazam lvl 66 Synchronize HP157 A103 D75 SA196 SD127 S177

Psychic

Future Sight

Shadow Ball

Recover

Comments: Spends most of the time on the bench since he get XP so fast due to being traded. Only bring him out for important fights. He's a glass cannon. Considering something bulkier like a Gardevoir.

8. Pachirisu Pick Up lvl 58 HP146 A85 D98 SA71 SD118 S136

Discharge

Charm

Super Fang

Thunder Wave

Comments: This little guy has been with me virtually the start and played a pivotal role early to mid game with Charm and TW (such as Kiki). Though he has been outpaced in the newest episodes. Still need to level him up for his faithful service.

9. Beartic Swift Swim lvl 69 HP219 A158 D118 SA119 SD116 S87

Icicle Crash

Rest

Blizzard

Hail

Comments: Just caught him very recently for Terra, haven't changed the moves at all. Is he a worthwhile mon and what moves should I get?

I've been looking around and caught a bunch of possible new pokemon to add (please suggest which should have priority to train):

Sealeo (Walrein)

Boldore

Noibat (Noivern)

Pawniard (Bisharp)

Snorunt (Glailie)

Ralts

Haunter (Gengar when I get another linkstone)

Staraptor

Druddigon

Luxray (still have a ton of coins left over from the addiction, could easily buy everything in the game corner)

Furfrou

Parasect

Mienfoo (Mienshao)

Golbat (hopefully Crobat if I can figure out happiness, which I think is winning lots of battles without fainting)

Gligar

Mareep (Ampharos)

Which pokemon do you think I should catch and train? Which pokemon should I replace? Which moves should be replaced and with what? (I alway enjoy reading reasoning) What level should I train up to? Items? I'm always paranoid of level cap and fake "gym battles" so leave them underleveled just in case. This does come back to bite me though.

Edited by mdman1

I think your team is pretty good. It doesn't synergize too well with that Lumineon having Rain Dance and you having 2 Fire types. Change Rain Dance to Scald or U-turn.

You probably should have gotten Growlithe to level 43 to get Outrage instead of Bite. Maybe just breed your Arcanine with a Ditto, level the Growlithe up to level 43 and give it Outrage and whatever other moves you want on it, then get a Fire Stone and evolve the Growlithe. No point in doing this until you get another Fire Stone, so just wait until you can get back to the department store.

Infernape's moveset is fantastic. If you actually have the patience to get Thunderpunch over Grass Knot through breeding, though, that would make it's moveset even better.

For Gyarados, when you get the chance give it Earthquake instead of Bite. For Electric types. Plus it does 100 damage so it's your second strongest move after Waterfall (because of STAB).

Get Flygon either Earth Power (using Heart Scales) or Earthquake. Dig isn't that good of a ground type attack compared to those two so exchange either Earth Power or Earthquake for Dig. No point in getting 2 ground type STABs.

Give Scrafty Rock Slide (whenever we get the TM) instead of Facade, seeing as you don't use Facade much.

Seeing as you don't have Calm Mind, give Alakazam Charge Beam (for the Sp. Attk. boost) instead of Future Sight.

Pachirisu is fine.

Teach Beartic Superpower and Aqua Jet using a Heart Scale instead of Blizzard and Hail.

For future references, don't teach your Poke HM moves (unless it's supports them like Waterfall on a Gyarados). It's a hindrance to have them and you can't use your Poke to their maximum potential. Get a Poke that you don't use in battle and teach it all the HM moves. I believe the community calls it "HM Slave".

1. Arcanine: Never realize this thing had 555 stats overall...Give it Outrage, Flare Blitz, Close Combat and Extreme Speed. You can use Infernape to get Close Combat on Arcanine

2. Infernape: Breed it with Ampharos to get Thunder Punch on him....that's all I got for him

3. Scrafty: Breed it so it can have Stone Edge (replacing Facade). IDK the chain, I believe you can figure out lol. If you spend 252 HP Ev on him them breed it with Dragon Dance has well. He can be very bulky like that and can set up.

4. Flygon: No Earthquake or Superpower? look at my signature and just copy my Flygon moves/ev's etc......

For the rest, IDK what to said not really familiar with them. You are at the point of the game where most of the Poke are available. Use the Poke you like, I really hate having "Rotation Poke", get a party of 6 Poke you like and just dominate the game with those :3