Nuzlocke Challenges

KillJoy3579

Hey all,

As far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) there is no thread solely for Nuzlocke Challenge ideas. So I thought, because I often talk to myself, "Hey KillJoy you should make a thread to compile all these ideas"... so I did! Just leave a challenge title and idea and others can take your challenge and report back how it turned out. You can also give and opinions on others challenges about how they can improve them or make them harder.

Ohoh! I love making Nuzlockes. For the sake of keeping my reply within reasonable bounds, I'll keep my ideas to one.

Notice Me 'Locke!

A Nuzlocke that I (think I) made up and has been my personal favorite since I (think I) made it up in fourth gen.

Rules

1.) If a Pokemon faints, it's dead (release or permabox it).

2.) Nicknames are a must.

3.) You may only use Pokemon you have never used, or haven't used recently. For example, the route you're in has Pidgey, Rattata, Zigzagoon, and Hoothoot, and lets say you've used Pidgey in your last playthrough and you know Zigzagoon well enough to make the Pokedex proud, then you ignore those two as encounters.

3.a.) If you've recently used all Pokemon in that area you may either skip that area altogether, or use the Pokemon you've used the least in that area.

4.) You must change your lead after every trainer battle. This must be done in a fashion to where every Pokemon in your team is used fairly often. (I generally say I can't swap between two Pokemon at any time, but you're free to be lenient if you like).

5.) No exp share, rare candies, or TMs. (You may use HMs, but no slaves unless absolutely necessary).

The goal of this is similar to the premise of the "first encounter" rule of Nuzlockes: to make you use Pokemon you never used before. It's goal is to help you appreciate Pokemon you've never given a second glance and, in some cases, make the game a little unfair. The fact that you have to rotate your Pokemon encourages you to plan ahead and make sure you're never put in a position when your lead is going up against it's weakness.

On paper it doesn't sound too excited or challenging, but once you actually do it? It's incredibly fun.

Nuzlocke Given Challenge

As we all know theres a huge amount of pokemon in reborn that are event. So the Given challenge is to only make it through the game with pokemon that are not caught but given or joined your team willingly. Now while these may seem easy this leaves limited amount of space for the number of tries you get! To make it easier the Pokemon center is un-restricted as you may only have 2 pokemon if you don't cheat the weather in the game. IE You start your game on a Sunny day, You pick your first pokemon then proceed to pick up Espurr, from there you beat the girl for rose incenses and get your Budew. From there you pick up whatever pokemon is on trainer's bridge. say hello to your only 4 pokemon for the time being. That amount wont grow until more pokemon CHOOSE to join your cause. Names are required. If you wish for add diffculty you could include the classic 1 pokemon per area rule meaning you cant pick up both Espurr and Budew on the same run. Shiftry gang is technically in the same area as Helioptile and your Gothica. There are several cases like this and let me see if i can list them all

Starter

Budew, Espurr, Kricketot, Teddiursa, Numel, Pansear, Ditto (Maybe Bridge pokemon)

Petilil, Ralts (It's pokeball is opened in the same area) Purgly, Swirlix (Maybe Scrafty and Carturne Egg)

Skitty, Smoochum

Lilpup, Cassino Pokemon

Mareep, Azurill

Gothica, Shiftry, Growlithe, Helioptile, (Maybe Crogunk)

Meditite, (Unsure Tepig)

(Note your are not allowed to get Chikorita as you have to CATCH Chemico)

Mudkip, Ghastly, (Unsure about Nidorans)

One Pokemon Dealer, Lord Helix Fossil, One Gang Quest Pokemon (RELEASE THE OTHER), Spritzee, Chespin

Eevee, Marcactus, One of the two fossil given from museum man

(Unsure about the mountains and the cove)

Heracross, Pinsir,

(Unsure about the crystal cove place)

One of the fossils, Cleffairy, Timburr

Absol

Riolu

I think thats the complete list by the time the area is available. If im missing any pokes please tell me. Note these are the pokemon that you can get without battling it or having to catch another pokemon to trade for it. If your doing the harder version only one pokemon from each line may be obtained.

Edited by Rielly987

I pretty much use a dupes clause, but force me to use choices I'd never use before because it's a continuous dupes clause.

Nuzlocke Rules

1. If a pokemon faints, it's considered dead. No exceptions.

2. You can only catch the first Pokemon seen in an area

Dupes Clause: I cannot catch more than one Pokemon in the same evolution line

Continuous Dupes Clause: In the next nuzlocke run, I cannot catch any Pokemon that fall under Dupes Clause in the previous run (can be stacked from one game to the others).

Exception: If a Pokemon has multiple final evolutions and one could not be obtained in the previous run (ie Jolteon in Fire Red and Glaceon in Platinum) then you can catch that Pokemon, but only evolve into an evolution that could not be obtained in the previous game

My Rules (Main games Only)

-My Pokemon must be three levels below the gym leaders lowest leveled Pokemon

-Poke Balls are the only Ball allowed to catch wild Pokemon

-For the Elite 4, the level cap is six-ten below the Champion's strongest

-Items must be used, but I cannot use items more than twice in a row

-More than one Pokemon must be used against each gym leader and important battle

-Legendaries can be caught, but they cannot be used unless under dire circumstances

My Rules for Colosseum and XD

-A trainer with a Shadow Pokemon is considered an encounter due to the limited amount of areas

-In XD, the first Shadow Pokemon seen is the only one that can be caught

-Excluding Nosepass and Zangoose, no Shadow Pokemon can be caught the second time it's encountered

-Since the games are a little more difficult, the level cap is two levels below the Admin's strongest non-shadow Pokemon (for Greevil, it's just 50)

My Rules for Reborn (if I do one)

-Event Pokemon do not count towards the area encounter, but ones that attack can only be fought once

-If a Pokemon faints during an optional loss such as the Garchomp, it still is considered dead

-Whiting out is not considered a loss

Ohoh! I love making Nuzlockes. For the sake of keeping my reply within reasonable bounds, I'll keep my ideas to one.

Notice Me 'Locke!

A Nuzlocke that I (think I) made up and has been my personal favorite since I (think I) made it up in fourth gen.

Rules

1.) If a Pokemon faints, it's dead (release or permabox it).

2.) Nicknames are a must.

3.) You may only use Pokemon you have never used, or haven't used recently. For example, the route you're in has Pidgey, Rattata, Zigzagoon, and Hoothoot, and lets say you've used Pidgey in your last playthrough and you know Zigzagoon well enough to make the Pokedex proud, then you ignore those two as encounters.

3.a.) If you've recently used all Pokemon in that area you may either skip that area altogether, or use the Pokemon you've used the least in that area.

4.) You must change your lead after every trainer battle. This must be done in a fashion to where every Pokemon in your team is used fairly often. (I generally say I can't swap between two Pokemon at any time, but you're free to be lenient if you like).

5.) No exp share, rare candies, or TMs. (You may use HMs, but no slaves unless absolutely necessary).

The goal of this is similar to the premise of the "first encounter" rule of Nuzlockes: to make you use Pokemon you never used before. It's goal is to help you appreciate Pokemon you've never given a second glance and, in some cases, make the game a little unfair. The fact that you have to rotate your Pokemon encourages you to plan ahead and make sure you're never put in a position when your lead is going up against it's weakness.

On paper it doesn't sound too excited or challenging, but once you actually do it? It's incredibly fun.

Breezey feel free to post as many ideas as you want! This page is for any and all Nuzlocke ideas.

I recently mixed egglocke with monolocke and the result was this:

It takes some time but with I pokegen all base forms of x type. For example I used bug-type in Volt White, there were 30 pokemon plus Genesect.

Dem Rules:

1- Any Pokémon that faints is considered "dead," and must be released or stored in a specified PC box for "dead" Pokémon.
2- You can only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
3- Any Pokemon you catch must be swapped for an egg that is in the PC.
4- Any Pokémon hatched may be leveled to the level matching the Pokémon that was exchanged for the egg, through the use of Rare Candies. Because of this, any Rare Candies obtained in the game must be used immediately, for authenticity purposes.
5- You must also nickname all of your Pokémon, for the sake of forming "stronger emotional bonds."
6- All pokémon that are gonna be used must be of the same type. Ofc dual typing is allowed.
7- Pokémon given by NPCs do not count as an encounter, but still be swapped for an egg.

8- Non-legendary pokemon can only be swapped for another non-legendary, but legendary pokemon can be swapped for a non-legendary in case there are no more legendaries available.

9- The locke ends when all available pokémon are dead, the player loses a battle or when the player rematches the elite 4 + champion and wins.

I use random.org to decide which egg a pokemon will be swapped for.

Ps.: my rules are a bit unorganized but well...

Nuzlocke Given Challenge

As we all know theres a huge amount of pokemon in reborn that are event. So the Given challenge is to only make it through the game with pokemon that are not caught but given or joined your team willingly. Now while these may seem easy this leaves limited amount of space for the number of tries you get! To make it easier the Pokemon center is un-restricted as you may only have 2 pokemon if you don't cheat the weather in the game. IE You start your game on a Sunny day, You pick your first pokemon then proceed to pick up Espurr, from there you beat the girl for rose incenses and get your Budew. From there you pick up whatever pokemon is on trainer's bridge. say hello to your only 4 pokemon for the time being. That amount wont grow until more pokemon CHOOSE to join your cause. Names are required. If you wish for add diffculty you could include the classic 1 pokemon per area rule meaning you cant pick up both Espurr and Budew on the same run. Shiftry gang is technically in the same area as Helioptile and your Gothica. There are several cases like this and let me see if i can list them all

Starter

Budew, Espurr, Kricketot, Teddiursa, Numel, Pansear, Ditto (Maybe Bridge pokemon)

Petilil, Ralts (It's pokeball is opened in the same area) Purgly, Swirlix (Maybe Scrafty and Carturne Egg)

Skitty, Smoochum

Lilpup, Cassino Pokemon

Mareep, Azurill

Gothica, Shiftry, Growlithe, Helioptile, (Maybe Crogunk)

Meditite, (Unsure Tepig)

(Note your are not allowed to get Chikorita as you have to CATCH Chemico)

Mudkip, Ghastly, (Unsure about Nidorans)

One Pokemon Dealer, Lord Helix Fossil, One Gang Quest Pokemon (RELEASE THE OTHER), Spritzee, Chespin

Eevee, Marcactus, One of the two fossil given from museum man

(Unsure about the mountains and the cove)

Heracross, Pinsir,

(Unsure about the crystal cove place)

One of the fossils, Cleffairy, Timburr

Absol

Riolu

I think thats the complete list by the time the area is available. If im missing any pokes please tell me. Note these are the pokemon that you can get without battling it or having to catch another pokemon to trade for it. If your doing the harder version only one pokemon from each line may be obtained.

I did that in X. Had Chesnaught, Charizard, Lucario, Lapras and Tyrantrum. This kinda run seems more doable... and more fun, in Reborn than a main series game.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought of this nuzlocke and I thought I might share it!

I'll dub it the Semi-solocke.

-=RULES=-

1) Fainted pokemon are dead, as per usual.

2) You must catch every new pokemon encountered, no exceptions. (New being if you have not caught it yet)

3) You can only use one pokemon at a time, all captured pokemon must be stored in a pokemon box.

4) Once a pokemon dies, it must be stored or released and the next pokemon you captured must be put into your team

4a) If your next pokemon is seriously underleveled you can use your dead pokemon to help it level up, it is now a ghost.

4b) Once your pokemon is at a high enough level, the ghost must be released

5) You can have HM slaves, but they cannot be used in battle.

6) You lose if all of your pokemon stored in the box are dead (this probably won't happen though :))

That's pretty much it, have fun!