Good move-set for porygon2

Nintenzero

Conversion 2? Then you lose STAB on Tri Attack, wouldn't it be better to go for more coverage? Iirc Porygon has an amazing movepool.

Yeah but most of that coverage comes from TM moves, which aren't obtainable and can no longer be bred onto it. The only other somewhat notable attacks it learns through level up are Psybeam and Signal Beam.

Changing your type is risky business, one that may not be worth it. Since all gym leaders cover their weaknesses, switching to a type the foe is weak to would most likely weaken you as well.
What I'd go for would be Download Porygon2 with Tri Attack, Charge Beam, Agility and Signal Beam/HP Ground/Ice.

Simple stuff, set up Agility for some speed, Download and Charge Beam to buff semi-easily while also dealing damage, and the rest is a STAB move and some coverage, use health items if/when necessary and a sweep shouldn't be too hard to pull off (depending on the foe, of course). Unlike in comp, Recover isn't really necessary if we have access to healing items (which we do).

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure conversion 2 even works, and by the time you can buy the next level of potions, they are already slightly outdated (that's reborn for you) so I am probably going to go with agility, charge beam (maybe discharge), tri attack, and recover

Edited by Nintenzero

I'm not sure conversion 2 even works, and by the time you can buy the next level of potions, they are already slightly outdated (that's reborn for you) so I am probably going to go with agility, charge beam (maybe discharge), tri attack, and recover

This is not true. After defeating Charlotte, an Ultra Potion still heals more than 50% of my Diggersby's HP (L69, max HP 218), and they have been available for 2 badges already. If and when Hyper Potions become available, they can't possibly be outdated because Porygon2 can't have over 400 HP.

You really don't want to waste a slot on Recover, especially since Charge Beam is more of a setup move than a coverage move.

I found a dubious disc somewhere in glitch city, you can have a porygon z then.

Agility

Charge Beam/Nasty Plot (if you can get porygon z)

Signal Beam/Tri Attack/Discharge/HP Ice/Dark Pulse

Signal Beam/Tri Attack/Discharge/HP Ice/Dark Pulse

In the future you can get thunderbolt, ice beam, psychic, but for now the best is Tri Attack and HP Ice/Dark Pulse