victoria battle

arision1

ok so i had just beaten cal and was going to challenge kiki the victoria stops me and wipes the dojo with mt teams butts like she worse than shade (and shade was tough so please help my team is

blaziken lvl 44

hariyama lvl 38

zoroark lvl 36

lopunny lvl 34

croagunk lvl 35

floatzel lvl 39

if you all need more info just tell me

Edited by arision1

ok so i had just beaten cal and was going to challenge kiki the victoria stops me and wipes the dojo with mt teams butts like she worse than shade (and shade was tough so please help my team is

blaziken lvl 44

hariyama lvl 38

zoroark lvl 36

lopunny lvl 34

croagunk lvl 35

floatzel lvl 39

if you all need more info just tell me

Yikes. Level your other pokemon. I don´t see any flying-types, that might be what you´re missing. Also, no psychic-types.

Psychics are always good. Get an Espurr in one of the alleyways or a gothita in that house in peridot, after paying that homeless dude some money and getting a pokesnack.

Or get a flying-type like pidgy.

Anyway. Your Croagunk is only 35, your Blaziken 44. A bit too much of a difference.

Get them all to at least 39/40 and you might just be fine.

It might also be a good idea to get other pokemon as backup in your box, in case you don´t have much type advantage (like now) you could pull one outta a box, update it to your level and then kick-ass.

You also got two pokemon weak to fighting, Zoroark and Lopunny. This is quite a disadvantage. Then you got three weak to gallade (and pretty much any psychic-type), and one of those has a double weakness.

You also have 3 fighting pokemon. I think you only need one.

It´s important to combine your team in a way to counter most types or in a way you don´t have more than 2 weak to the same type. You should have some type-synergy in your team. If you have trouble beating Victoria, Kiki will wreck you :/ And there are worse things than Kiki ahead, so you better improve your team sooner or later.

Another idea would be to get a ghost-type, so you won´t get any STAB-attacks (Unless she uses scraggy or scrafty, then you switch).

Maybe switch out Haryama and/or Croagunk against two other pokemon with other types. Espurr is a good chocie, especially a male one with its prankster ability. Might not be best wrecking-ball, but status-moves will be first, which is kinda cool. Or get Gothita and evolve it to Gothitelle. And either a pidgy or a Noibat (Noibat can be found where you last saw the children, that underground part. Pidgy can be found in the tall grass on top of a building south of florina´s gym).

Suggestion for exp: Go into the volcano and destroy the rocks to get magcargo-encounters. Destroy all three and you get some nice exp. Then go out. That´s how I at least leveled a bit ^^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Unprofessional gave some really good tips, use them arision.

This game makes it so that majority of the situations you're in will make adjust your team. Anyways, as far as I can remember, Victoria's team during that time had Scraggy, Heracross, Hariyama, Emboar, and Gallade. Take out your Lopunny and Zoroark like Unprofessional suggested and replace them with some Flying types like Pidgey, Spearow, Pidove, Woobat or other mons like Spiritzee, Swirlix, Espurr, Gothita, Duskull, and Yamask.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Dont mean to be offensive but you srsly got beat by Victoria? Then prepare for a lot of pain for the rest of the game...

And I got rekt by Fern in peridot. No big deal if someone has trouble somewhere.

At this part I dare to say the leveling may have been a problem, Croagunk still 35 and Lopunny even 34. If they all were properly leveled, he might have a better chance.

Still, other types will make it waaay easier. And if you wanna do Kiki without much frustration, it´s even the best idea.

lol i started a new save playing on episode 9 , i got trolled by the first gym she beat me 8 times in a row i just didnt have the poke's to stand up to her , we all have that one battle that drives us up the wall

Hey now, when I first started playing Reborn and still was naive to what I was getting myself into, I had quite a few narrow misses. Not just with Gym battles (actually I lost several of those on the first try lel), but rival battles as well. You don't know how frustrated any battles with Fern made me. Especially the one in Rini- I mean Florinia's Gym.

Also, a correction: Gothita is no longer the Pokemon in the house in Peridot, it's an Espurr as of... um, E13? But any suggestions to get Meowstic on your team (either, really, but I have quite a fondness for the male's efficiency at dual-screens, courtesy of Prankster) I am going to be 100% behind, haha. If you want Gothita instead, that event is in Beryl Library now.

Hey now, when I first started playing Reborn and still was naive to what I was getting myself into, I had quite a few narrow misses. Not just with Gym battles (actually I lost several of those on the first try lel), but rival battles as well. You don't know how frustrated any battles with Fern made me. Especially the one in Rini- I mean Florinia's Gym.

Also, a correction: Gothita is no longer the Pokemon in the house in Peridot, it's an Espurr as of... um, E13? But any suggestions to get Meowstic on your team (either, really, but I have quite a fondness for the male's efficiency at dual-screens, courtesy of Prankster) I am going to be 100% behind, haha. If you want Gothita instead, that event is in Beryl Library now.

Oi, I forgot about that. Ame keeps changing what´s in that house. In the end it´ll be a chimecho or something o__o

Damn you Ame, moving my ralts to the railnet! :( I wanted my gardevoir early on *cries*

Well, I suggest getting meowstic, it´s not bad at all.

It´ll also learn charm, and decreasing physical attacks with priority is quite nice. What I did in competetive was troll the other players by constantly priority-flashing them so they didn´t hit. Meowstic can learn thunder wave (not in reborn, though. I don´t know anything about a thunderwave-tm), so you can decrease hit-chance till they miss and paralyze the next pokemon xD

The female one isn´t too bad as well, but you´ll miss out on doing dual-screens and just having prankster, which is just cool, but then you´ll have some attacks.

In the end you´ll learn to adapt to the difficulty of reborn. You´ll eventually be able to make your own, awesome team and you´ll notice the difference in difficulty once it *clicks*.

...At least that´s what happened to me ^^

so should i keep floatzel or should i switch him out for duskull

Keep Floatzel just in-case for Emboar. If that doesn't work out, I guess you can switch it.

You can also get a Corpish on the beach by smashing some rocks (pretty sure that's how you get it. I know it's around in that area) and you can get him with Adaptability (always awesome to have), bread Aqua Jet onto him with Floatzel (when you have the money. Try cycling through Grand Hall trainers) and give him Crabhammer (not a bad attack, especially with the Adaptability boost), as well as get him with SD and Knock Off which are always useful on Gym Leaders. Make sure you get him SD at level 44 before you evolve him or you won't have it for quite a while (you'd have to wait until level 52 then. Yikes, that requires like another two gym badges).

Anyway, hope I was helpful. I wish you well on the upcoming fights!

Edit: Side note, you probably don't want to evolve him until after Kiki is defeated for the obvious reasons of him gaining dark typing on evolution.

Edited by AuthorReborn

If you really need it, I'd recommend getting a ghost type from Shade's gym. Dusclops with Will-O-Wisp is available fairly early on, and is really bulky. You're going to need some form of bulk on your team, so you might as well get one that can dish out statuses and pain splits like no ones business.

oooohhh so thats what sd mean an i do got a duskull and im trying to evolve it the trouble is the exp rate duskull only get up to 230 exp points if he fights a mon on his level so thats the main problem so far

oooohhh so thats what sd mean an i do got a duskull and im trying to evolve it the trouble is the exp rate duskull only get up to 230 exp points if he fights a mon on his level so thats the main problem so far

Just keep chugging along, you'll get there. I'm, not one for grinding myself, but trust me, it's worth it to continue.

Dude, seriously, are you even listening?

People have been giving you suggestions and trying to be helpful, but all you did was giving plenty of excuses. If you don't wanna follow, so be it, shut the topic.

I even gave you the cheapest method and you totally ignore it

A blazekick from a Sword danced and speed boosted blaziken could one shot him. period

Edited by jrookie

jrookie there's no need with the harsh tone, he's the one having a hard time lol. I believe the only reason he's not using a sd blaziken atm is that his daycare is clogged up with espurr and gothita, both of which he can't withdraw atm. Arision i tell you what, just spend a bit more time with that duskull and everything will work out fine. Victoria should be easily overpowered with levelling, plus after all that you'll have another great teammate on your roster. ;)