Pokemon fanmade game idea

I just thought of this. Here we go. So in Pokemon fanmade games, the main characters live, but for me, I want to do the opposite. Instead of the main character living, I will end up killing them off. Like this is how I would make the main character die a tragic death.

'You' and the other people are in a cave and about to escape that is about to lock everyone in and let them die there after 'you' beat the main villain in a battle. But some alot wild Pokemon are surrounding 'you' and the other people with you blocking the way out and they are under mind control from the main villain as a last attempt to kill everyone in the cave, including the main villain. But there is one way out. Sacrifice. 'You' choose to stay behind and let the others escape while you die in there.

As 'you' are forced to press yes, 'you' give all your stuff to your brother/sister in the game, but your starter comes out of their Pokeball and refuses to leave 'you' and picks to die there with 'you'. The others understand staying with 'you' will only cause them to die and won't let your sacrifice go to waste. They say their final goodbyes and run out as you handle the wild Pokemon blocking the way and take care of them. As the others escape, 'you' get locked in and forced to fight to the death with your starter who is level 70(Forced to be level 70 for the final battle) as 'you' know 'you' are going die there with your starter.

With the Price of Freedom(Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core) music playing non stop as 'you' continue to fight to the death as slowly your starter loses more HP and PP as the wild Pokemon get stronger and stronger slowly killing your starter and then 'you'. After your starter hits 0 HP, the message will say "Your starter has died." And then the wild Pokemon start to kill 'you'. And then you play as your brother/sister for the rest of the game going to the 8th gym next, etc and taking on your legacy. And your brother/sister has their starter and your other 5 Pokemon with them.

What do you think of this idea? Bad or good idea? Too much?

Edited by Shadowbolt192

I thought I knew where this would be going, but then it changed and just seemed like, your everyday average pokemon game. I was expecting more of like, you character and its starter being stuck in a form of Limbo or Purgatory of the sort trying to escape. The beginning part just seems a little... tedious.

I thought I knew where this would be going, but then it changed and just seemed like, your everyday average pokemon game. I was expecting more of like, you character and its starter being stuck in a form of Limbo or Purgatory of the sort trying to escape. The beginning part just seems a little... tedious.

I could change it to that if I ever make a fanmade game. I like your idea better. I could do that instead.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

switching of characters is something thats sorta new but ur gonna break pplz hearts you lose a starter so you have to really think about which starter to chose and think seriosly about the team you build around it because it will have to be suitable for your brother/sisters starter as i presume they wont have the same starter. Has potential but you need to fine tune the storyline.

switching of characters is something thats sorta new but ur gonna break pplz hearts you lose a starter so you have to really think about which starter to chose and think seriosly about the team you build around it because it will have to be suitable for your brother/sisters starter as i presume they wont have the same starter. Has potential but you need to fine tune the storyline.

That's what I want to do. Break some hearts. I want people to feel. About the building about your team for your brother/sister, I will think about something for it. The brother/sister will have the opposite starter. I will just ask for help for the fine tune the storyline to help me out if I make a fanmade game.

lol in my imagination i seen a chikorita dying with the trainer (yes i mean the very first of that poke) idk why but i always found leaf as weak and easily subdued and sorry i still continue to exclude leaf poke's from my party and i can easily get taken out by swampert (yes i realize thats a massive weakness XD)

Personally I am not too fond of excessively dark tones brought to Pokemon because... Well, that's not what the series is about really. When I want deep psychology, horrorific situations and people killed off I wantch Evangelion (and yes, this includes Reborn and some excessively dark points it has here and there, which I consider exaggerations).

But this aside: if you really are planning to embark in a fangame project, is it wise to discuss the main twist of the plot with people on a forum before even getting tarted? You pretty much spoilered your own game, not to mention the risk of people (not necessarily members of this community, anyone drifting around Google can potentially see this page) stealing your idea...