Proposition of a new tier

aeirow

Your thoughts on having a Non-Legendary tier  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Reborn start a movement to have a Non-Legendary tier?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Just deal with them the way they are.
    • I am indifferent.

I had brought this idea up to Ame earlier today about the possibility of having a Non-Legendary Tier to battle in other than OU and such. I think it would be good practice for league [s]and possibly get rid of all of those pesky legendary trollers[/s] and if people, take me for example, don't like battling legendaries and don't like using them would have a better chance at winning matches since you won't have a Jirachi flinchaxing. I would propose having the regular tiers for people just coming in looking for battles if they use legendaries. If someone pops in and battles a few and they realize we have a tier with no legendaries, maybe it would attract them and maybe more people to come to our server for diversity and more battles! I'm not sure about you guys, but I am always up for a good challenge.

• Administrators
...The idea is nice, but, well.
That's basically the "League" tier.
And even then, there's a few legends I actually do like, so... Indifference, bro.

It seems to me you have a problem with a select few legends, which... At least in Jirachi's case is understandable, although sad because Jirachi was one of my favorites in terms of design and background. sadface.

But to throw a blanket ban on all of them, especially given that ones like Kyurem, Shaymin and, say... I dunno, Celebi aren't quite the best... It's a bit much, I think. Meh.
Opinions. Edited by Ikaru
More info, felt like I wasn't saying much...

Legendaries are Pokemon too. Ubers are Ubers, legendaries are legendaries. Some of them are even NU, why should we discriminate against them. I think it's silly enough to ban legendaries from the league. We already have Ubers, why overcomplicate things? "Better chances at winning without Jiarchi flinch-haxing", WTF is that supposed to mean? There's enough shit in the league I would think people would be used to [i]any[/i] type of strategy, let alone worry about Jirachi. Also, Togekiss is sad.

(If you couldn't tell by now, I voted no)

[quote name='Ikaru' timestamp='1302574913' post='12396']
...The idea is nice, but, well.
That's basically the "League" tier.
And even then, there's a few legends I actually do like, so... Indifference, bro.

It seems to me you have a problem with a select few legends, which... At least in Jirachi's case is understandable. But to throw a blanket ban on all of them, especially given that ones like Kyurem, Shaymin and, say... I dunno, Celebi aren't quite the best... It's a bit much, I think. Meh.
Opinions.
[/quote]

First off, other than using OU and "Guidelines" for the Reborn league, is there a league tier other than for X-league?

Well, since we are throwing away the Smogon guidelines, why not just reevaluate the tiers with players influence / input. It is nice to have a few people to discuss it, but they have their own ideas and some people might have different thoughts. For example, I came across a guy on another server that asked me, before we started the match if I had legendaries because he hates fighting any of them and honestly, I feel the same. They have good stats, they can change their own types (Shaymin and Deoxys), and their Abilities can become a bit ridiculous.

Someone seems paranoid :rolleyes:

This tier is simply usless. This is just as pointless as having a Weatherless Tier , you gain no experience whatsoever from tiers that only exsist for your satisfaction, your basicly hiding from your problems instead of solving them, you can't win every match Klolso just learn from them. Beside Jirachi's cheap ass Flinch hax can always be stopped and its really not a good example cause of a whut? Shadowfag Chandelure! If its not then it theres Vaporeon or things that resist Iron head.

I vote No

FYI: WE HAVE A FREAKING UBER LIST!!!!!!1111ELEVEN

If you read it, Shaymin - S is ban and all but 1 Deoxys forms are ban. the 1 form thats not ban utterly sucks. your point invalid completely. I suggest get all your fact straighten out. I know the Tier list on the server is buggy but still it doesn't changes anything.

Fuck legendaries. I'm in. They're called legendaries for a reason, and not least of all because of the way their stats are set up. Not all of us want to resort to the same old broken strategies/pokemon to counter them or sweep outright. Cuz that's just when winning gets way too serious a business for me.

• Administrators
[b]Arrived at a solution...indirectly. Leaving it here for future reference; League tier means no legends... Use it if you have an issue. We'll start doing League tier tournaments if it becomes that serious of a problem.

[color="#ff0000"]TOPIC CLOSED.[/color][/b]