Post 8th Gym Team Evaluation

Arfus

Hello fellow reborners!

I just beat the 8th gym and done the cult hideout quest. I am heading now towards the Iolia Valley. I feel that somehow my team is lacking , and if you may, I would like to receive some inputs on its composition.

Feraligatr L. 61 - Ice Fang, Water Gun , Thrash , Crunch ( As soon as it hits 63, I'd substitute Water Gun with Aqua Tail and Thrash with Rain Dance)

Machamp L. 62 Strength, Rock Smash, Revenge, Cross Chop ( Which I would advise to use to everyone that wants to beat Ditceus)

Rapidash L. 60 Flame Wheel, Bounce, Flare Blitz, Stomp

Flygon L. 61 Crunch, Earth Power, Hyper Beam, Dragon Claw

Metagross L. 55 Psychic, Hammer Arm, Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash

Pachirisu L. 54 Super Fang, Discharge, Nuzzle, Cut (I keep him just for Super Fang. Should I get a Magnezone instead, so I combine electric and Steel?

Klingklang L. 49 Discharge, Charge Beam, Autotomize, Mirror Shot (might drop if i get up a Magnezone)

Meowstic L. 55 Fake Out, Shadow Ball, Sucker Punch, Psychic

Notable Pokemon that I have in the box : Ralts (which I'm considering levelling and replacing permanently Meowstic in the rotation), Scraggy, a L.46 Pidgeot.

Thank you all in advance!

Definitely get Magnezone. It is tanky and hits really hard. Also, get Zen Headbutt for your Metagross over Psychic as it is more of a physical attacker. Trade a heart scale with the girl in the Onyx Ward. She will let your Pokemon relearn moves. n_n

You can sub out the Pachirisu for something else. You can pick up an Abra in 7th street, I suggest swapping that as a good special attacker. Magnezone is also very powerful as well.

You also don't really need the Meowstic if you're not going to abuse Prankster.

If none of those work, pick up a good-natured Noibat from anywhere in the caves and level it to 60ish (so that it's Noivern). It learns shadow ball, boomburst, everything nice.

As for Iolia Valley, Machamp is going to do a LOT of work for you. Metagross, not so much. Hammer Arm is nice but it's going to die very quickly.

As for Iolia Valley, Machamp is going to do a LOT of work for you. Metagross, not so much. Hammer Arm is nice but it's going to die very quickly.

Metagross is actually one of the fattest Psychic types, and it can take a few hits from Luna. But you wouldn't send it out against one of it's few weaknesses would you? Machamp should do well, just be cautious when you come across her Jub Jub and Sableye.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks! I have implemented your advice, and I got an Archeops. Literally steamrolled the trainer in Iolia valley, the Dark Leader, the Fighting Leader and The Fire Leader.

For the latter, I got myself a Golduck, changed the Ability to Cloud Nine and taught it rain dance.