Final Decision Help

Am Drag

I finished finding all the Pokemon that I need. I also researched the best EV's for each of the Pokemon based on their attacks, which I have listed second. The first EV's listed is what was recommended to me. I was asking for suggestions to which one was better or if you have other recommendations. Please and thank you.

Swampert
EVs: 252 ATT / 252 HP / 4 SPEED
Brave Nature (+ATT, -SPEED)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SP.DEF
Impish Nature (+DEF, -SP.ATT)
----------------
Reniculus
EVs: 252 DEF / 252 SP.DEF / 4 HP
Quiet Nature (+SP.ATT, -SPEED)
EVs: 192 HP / 64 DEF / 252 SP.ATT
----------------
Chandelure
EVs: 78 SP.ATT / 200 DEF / 200 SP.DEF / 32 HP
Timid Nature (+SPEED, -ATT)
EVs: 252 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 4 DEF
----------------
Heliolisk
EVs: 252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 4 HP
Modest Nature (+SP.ATT, -ATT)
----------------
Scrafty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPEED / 4 ATT
Adamant Nature (+ATT, -SP.ATT)
EVs: 252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+SPEED, -SP.ATT)
----------------
Durant
Jolly Nature (+SPEED, -SP.ATT)
P.S. One question to anyone, is there any way to bump a topic back up as a topic with a new message? This is because when I get new information for a certain topic and I am last person to have posted a message. I know that we are not supposed to double post so I always edit the previous post. This, however, does not show the topic as a topic with a new message. I was wondering if there was a way to make topic look like has a new message even if only the last message has been edited. I tried looking for a way to do this, but I did not find anything. If anyone knows a way, please let me know.
Edited by gamesontv

I finished finding all the Pokemon that I need. I also researched the best EV's for each of the Pokemon based on their attacks, which I have listed second. The first EV's listed is what was recommended to me. I was asking for suggestions to which one was better or if you have other recommendations. Please and thank you.

Swampert
----------------
Reniculus
EVs: 252 DEF / 4 SP.ATT / 252 HP
Bold Nature (+DEF, -SPEED)
----------------
Chandelure
EVs: 252 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 4 DEF
----------------
Heliolisk
----------------
Durant

As for Scrafty, do you have moves like Drain Punch and Dragon Dance on it?

Maybe change the 4 Speed investment in Swampert to something else, perhaps to one of the Defenses? Since you're running a Trick Room Team (assuming that).

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Here are the attacks:

-Swampert (Torrent)
Dive
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Avalanche
-Reuniclus (Magic Guard)
Trick Room
Psychic
Energy Ball
Hidden Power(Ground)
-Chandelure (Flame Body)
Energy Ball
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power(Ground)
-Heliolisk (Dry Skin) / Should I switch abilities?
Thunderbolt
Surf
Hidden Power (Ice)
Dark Pulse
-Scrafty (Moxie)
High Jump Kick
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
-Durant (Hustle)
Iron Head
X-Scissor
Hone Claws
Rock Slide
Edited by gamesontv

Here are the attacks:

-Swampert (Torrent)
Dive
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Avalanche
-Reuniclus (Magic Guard)
Trick Room
Psychic
Energy Ball
Hidden Power(Ground)
-Chandelure (Flame Body)
Energy Ball
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power(Ground)
-Heliolisk (Dry Skin) / Should I switch abilities?
Thunderbolt
Surf
Hidden Power (Ice)
Dark Pulse
-Scrafty (Moxie)
High Jump Kick
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
-Durant (Hustle)
Iron Head
X-Scissor
Hone Claws
Rock Slide

Yea, this team seems very Trick-Room orientated like I saw Etesian talk about. Hmm.. I would take off HP Ground and Energy Ball off Reuniculus and replace that with Shadow Ball and Calm Mind, but you can replace HP Ground over Energy Ball if you're only willing to get rid of one.

Chandelure also doesn't really need HP Ground as well, maybe replace that with Substitute from the Game Corner or throw Calm Mind on it as well.

I want to keep the Energy Ball on Reuniclus but I don't mind removing the Hidden Power. Should I replace it with Calm Mind or Shadow Ball? Also, I think Substitute would be better than Calm Mind for Chandelure to replace Hidden Power.

I want to keep the Energy Ball on Reuniclus but I don't mind removing the Hidden Power. Should I replace it with Calm Mind or Shadow Ball? Also, I think Substitute would be better than Calm Mind for Chandelure to replace Hidden Power.

Calm Mind + Recover + Psyshock + Insert Move Here

Calm Mind + Recover + Psyshock + Insert Move Here

The fourth move is Trick Room, and that's kinda Reuniclus main purpose. Also, Recover is unnecessary, we have healing items. Shadow Ball is also not necessary, Scrafty, Chandelure and Heliolisk all have 1 Ghost/Dark move each. It could be used if he wants to sweep with Calm Mind, but he has others to do that, better to go for Energy Ball instead of CMind, especially since we have yet to face any gym weak to Grass.

And for Chandelure, if you're not feeling HP Ground, it also learns Trick Room.

There's more than one way to play the game mate, don't get tunnel vision.

Reuniclus' main purpose doesn't always have to be setting trick room. It can make for a fine bulky attacker, and I used one with light clay, regenerator and dual screens and it made a fantastic screener.

The fourth move is Trick Room, and that's kinda Reuniclus main purpose. Also, Recover is unnecessary, we have healing items. Shadow Ball is also not necessary, Scrafty, Chandelure and Heliolisk all have 1 Ghost/Dark move each. It could be used if he wants to sweep with Calm Mind, but he has others to do that, better to go for Energy Ball instead of CMind, especially since we have yet to face any gym weak to Grass.

And for Chandelure, if you're not feeling HP Ground, it also learns Trick Room.

Trick Room Really doesn't fit with the rest of his team at all though.

4/6 Pokemon are pretty slow, so I fail to see how it doesn't? (I was also under the impression you were supposed to have a couple of speedy Pokemon that can function outside of Trick Room on a Trick Room team, but, what do I know?)

Also, if not Energy Ball, there's also Thunder. It has shaky accuracy and it might not be offering you much by way of coverage, but if you forego HP Ground/Shadow Ball, Reuniclus has nothing to hit Steel-types with. Not that that's much of a problem because you could just switch, but hey, it's a suggestion.

There's more than one way to play the game mate, don't get tunnel vision.

Reuniclus' main purpose doesn't always have to be setting trick room. It can make for a fine bulky attacker, and I used one with light clay, regenerator and dual screens and it made a fantastic screener.

Oh, I know, but in the first Team Showcase topic OP made, that's the style he decided to go with, I'm just going with that.

And yes, main reason I recommended Reuniclus in the other topic over other psychic types was it's bulk and the stats to have utilize Trick Room itself, rather than just setting it for others, if need be, although a TR team needs it's TR-er to stay alive. It can stay in and fight, but if it's "fast" bulky offense, 3 other members of the team cover that, all 3 of which are "expendable" since they don't have TR.

Regenerator actually is a good idea, then, huh. Guess I messed up on that one. But regarding Screens, that's an option as well, quite a viable one in fact. But Reuniclus is then reduced to being a utility mon-not that that's bad, but the current one can hold it's own in a fight better, should OP be down to only Reuniclus. And Grass is quite a valuable offensive typing, so at the very least E.Ball should be kept (imo).

Meant to respond here, but Losty posted exactly what I had in mind when putting this team together, frightening impressive.

4/6 Pokemon are pretty slow, so I fail to see how it doesn't? (I was also under the impression you were supposed to have a couple of speedy Pokemon that can function outside of Trick Room on a Trick Room team, but, what do I know?)

Also, if not Energy Ball, there's also Thunder. It has shaky accuracy and it might not be offering you much by way of coverage, but if you forego HP Ground/Shadow Ball, Reuniclus has nothing to hit Steel-types with. Not that that's much of a problem because you could just switch, but hey, it's a suggestion.

Heliolisk, Durant, and Chandelure are all relatively fast pokemon especially in game and not competitively. With Trick Room teams it's best to have 2 members with Trick Room. Scrafty gets Dragon Dance which would probably prove to be more reliable IMO.

Thank you all very much!!!

I have a question about one Pokemon and I should be done.

-Heliolisk (Dry Skin)
Thunderbolt
Surf
Hidden Power (Ice)
Dark Pulse
Is Dry Skin the best ability for this Heliolisk? Solar Power would not be a good ability because I don't have any methods to set up a Sunny Day, although I could (probably...) try to fudge the date and get a day that's sunny. One down side would be that it would not help indoors. I have A LOT of shards from mining so I bought 5 Ability Capsules. I could use them when it would be necessary to change abilities. I don't think this would be a good idea though. That is why I am leaning more towards Dry Skin. I was wondering if anyone has any input to my problem. Please and thank you.
Edited by gamesontv

Honestly none of Heliolisk's abilities are all dependent on Weather. Optimally you would have an abundance of Ability capsules to switch it at will, but that's not exactly practical. Dry Skin would allow it to completely wall water pokemon which (with Amaria likely coming in the next couple episodes I'd guess) would probably be a good idea. Solar Power is like a life orb in the sun only. It would give extra punch, but it wouldn't help it survive very long. It's all dependent on how you want it to work.

I'd go with Dry Skin for now though.

I finally have my new team done! I would like to thank Etesian, sandy, and Lost Lore for helping me select my new team and also helping me decide what attacks they would have. I would like to thank Jericho, ShadowDefender, Xiri, and Etesian for helping me figure out the best natures for all of them and also working out their Hidden Powers. And finally, I would like to thank Etesian, ~Derpy Simon, Jericho, Lost Lore, and Sheep for helping me decide how their EVs should be distributed. I could not have done this with out any of your help.

Team:

-Swampert (Torrent)
Dive
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Avalanche
-Reuniclus (Magic Guard)
EVs: 192 HP / 64 DEF / 252 SP.ATT
Trick Room