Ash Cosplay Radomus?

Hashill

It's one of the random start up sprites you see, or, at least, I think that's him. I'm right before the Agate Circus and I'm presently leveling up some alt Pokemon so I can adjust if my current team can't handle Sampson, so without spoiling anything that comes after the battle with Strong Guy, is that a canon thing, or just something silly?

.... Is that even Ash he's dressed as? It kinda looks like one of his outfits.

That's what I meant - these characters were created as kind of stand-in OCs for the Reborn League (I'm guessing they either created their own sprites, or had them made for them), and than they were implemented in game heavily based on these personas. I was wondering if it was Ame or the users themselves who came up with a lot of their backstories, or if it was a mix of the two.

And... wow. Not sure if you're joking or being genuine, but this is a very interesting way to honor their memories if you're not.

No I'm not joking, I'm trying to get across the point that a lot of aspects found in these characters are aspects straight from the original person's life. There was no character creation or roleplaying involved as far as I know, they just were themselves, and the characters in the game are an artistic rendition of that (obviously Shade isn't really a ghost thing). For example Florinia and Fern really are siblings, and Fern is exactly like he is in the game in real life too.

Alright. Sorry for the barrage of questions, but all of this is really interesting.

Last couple for now, at least. Is this approach how pretty much all of the gym leaders (and apparently some of the supporting characters) make it in game? How much say do or did they have about how their character's portrayed?

Yes, all of the major characters in the game are like this. Even team Meteor, El, Bennett etc. The second one is not for me to say as I don't write the characters, you want to talk to Ame about questions like that.

Alright. Sorry for the barrage of questions, but all of this is really interesting.

Last couple for now, at least. Is this approach how pretty much all of the gym leaders (and apparently some of the supporting characters) make it in game? How much say do or did they have about how their character's portrayed?

Yes, all of the major characters in the game are like this. Even team Meteor, El, Bennett etc. The second one is not for me to say as I don't write the characters, you want to talk to Ame about questions like that.

Woah, slow down there champ. The Meteors are not a part of this, much of their story was created by Will (not Kiozo, mind) and Ice whom are both members on the forums. Their backstory's a -bit- different than that of the leaders.

Really? That's interesting, I was talking to Ame about the character of Solaris and she said something like "I'm not going to be responsible for character flaws" or something like that. At the time I took it to mean that they were the same as everyone else (even though I knew they'd never appeared in the league) but I guess she was just referring to the fact that she didn't write them as characters.

• Administrators

That's what I meant - these characters were created as kind of stand-in OCs for the Reborn League (I'm guessing they either created their own sprites, or had them made for them), and than they were implemented in game heavily based on these personas. I was wondering if it was Ame or the users themselves who came up with a lot of their backstories, or if it was a mix of the two.

I made the appearances, type-related names, and suggested some ways that they could extrapolate on their own personalities to be more interesting when they were in our online league. So... it's kind of a blurred line. Basically, they were role-playing as caricatured versions of themselves, if that makes sense.

In Corey and Kiki's cases, their actors really did die, so... uh, yeah.

Team Meteor are the only characters not based on real people. Will and Ice gave me some names and basic designs/premises for them, and then I've pretty much made the rest up myself (though, occasionally with Ice's input about what he intended for them). Things like Simon and Eclipses backstories I kinda just winged though. I could've planned those better.