Planning for the future. (Ep 13.)

SilverJakler

So, right now my team is pretty solid. However, some of my guys will become meh later on, and I'm not sure what to replace them with when they do become meh. I just beat the double battle against ZEL and Taka, so my team right now is:

Combusken

Meowstic

Loudred

Kricketune

Emolga

I was thinking of grinding my Mareep to replace Emolga after Kiki's Gym, but I also heard I can get an Elekid later on. Elekid is pretty much my favorite Electric type, but he might be too far in the game to get, because I want a reliable Electric type.

Also I'm planning on tracking down that Zorua for Shade's Gym, along with grinding a Noibat for Noivern.

Any other suggestions to add to my team or details about the Pokemon I wanna get would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I don't know where to find Elekid, but I'm at Noel and still didn't find a Elekid. Unless you go back to E10, so you can get it at Beryl Rooftop. Replace Kricketune right after Shelly. If your Meowstic is female you can get Gardevoir at the time she gets meh. If it's male give he a ight Clay and it can be a good screener the entire game. The best time to caught Noibat is near Kiki or it will be bad to your team. I don't know too much about Loudred but you should replace it after Shade. And yeah, Zorua for Shade is pretty good.

Edit: Aaaand Electivire isn't obtainable but Ampharos is good. With it wil be pretty easy defeat Corey's damn Crobat. To more suggestions just wait Etesian.

Electrivire is obtainable if you grab the Elekid for 10.5 and previous. However, you can only possibly get him following the defeat of the current release of Episode 13's gym leader. Also, Loudred can hold his own Post-Shade with Scrappy Boomburst on Exploud, which decimates most things. Definitely replace Kricetune though, he becomes obselete following deafeating Taka and ZEL in the double battle. I grabbed an Electrike before the first gym and I've kept it on my team ever since through all the hardest of battles (though I will probably rotate him out at Terra but oh well that's at least a few weeks away). A physical attacker might help you out. If you feel like taking a bit of time to throw effort into it, you could get a Trapinch from the Game Corner. Also you could get Crogunk in a bit, which is fairly good at physical attacking.

You don't get Elekid until you finish EP13.....

I too was using Emolga back when I was in EP12 and it was doing work, especially against Kiki.

I would recommend to drop Kricketune, IMO after 2nd Gym he becomes useless.

You can replace it with Durant with the Hustle ability and it learns Dig in case you need a Ground-Type coverage

Had to restart but this time I took a different approach having Espurr and Pansear on my team early on.

Recommendations....

Swinub is good, I encounter them in a cave after you get Rock Smash which is the 2nd HM you get (Around the 3rd badge I believe?). You can breed it with Icicle Crash catching Cubchoo in the same cave (evolve it on lv. 37) so it can have a good physical Ice Attack. Don't evolve it until it reach lv. 37 so it can learn Earthquake. You can find a Heart Scale in Obsidia Ward in the park place (where the forest was) and you can get Mamoswine.....Make sure that Swinub have Thick Fat.....

Clauncher is a very good for a water type and you can get it before fighting the Psychic-Type Gym (I don't want to spoil you the name). It's ability and the movepool make this guy good. It's slow but your team can help make it fast and sweep for days

Breed that Combusken with Baton Pass (Swords dance would be good too) and you can pass those Speed Boost to Clauncher and he will be able to sweep easily (you can pass those SB to any Poke you think they need that extra speed to sweep).

I keep my Meowstic until I got Beldum (it ridiculous hard to catch....) and so far it's been doing work (check signature for the moveset I use)

You can get Archen before fighting the Ice Gym and he's on the top 3 best Poke to use in Reborn right now. Defeatist? b****, he will destroy everything before it HP is even touch. You can breed it with Earthquake and he will hit even harder... Ame should had put this beast available way later in the game, you can easily use items to heal it too....

Trapinch is useless at the moment although when that lvl cap goes to lv.55, that's when this guy will destroy. Grind him until lvl 55, learns Earthquake...you can spend a Heart Scale to learn Superpower.... I'm using him myself, check my signature and those are the best moveset for it....

That's all I got. These Poke caught my attention has I was playing EP12 and EP13....

Thank you guys for the ideas.

I was thinking of using Mudkip as my Water Type, since I heard I can get one in the Wasteland. I might replace him with Clauncher once I get that far. As for Swinub, I'll check it out. Archeops also seems pretty good, so I'll grab him too. Just one question: When can I start breeding? I already beat the Team Meteor guys posing as the Daycare couple, but now what?

Thank you guys for the ideas.

I was thinking of using Mudkip as my Water Type, since I heard I can get one in the Wasteland. I might replace him with Clauncher once I get that far. As for Swinub, I'll check it out. Archeops also seems pretty good, so I'll grab him too. Just one question: When can I start breeding? I already beat the Team Meteor guys posing as the Daycare couple, but now what?

You have to find the key, you see the where the forest was in Obsidia Ward ? in the empty house you get a key to open the Warehouses in Coral Ward.... I leave it there

Make sure, if you plan to breed download EP12 so you will be able to pass TM moves (Ex. Passing Earthquake to Archen). Don't have links but a single Google search will help you :P

As of right now, I've saved the real Daycare Couple, benched Kricketune and am now trying to train an Onix and Geodude to fight Shelly. My luck with the Unown, however, is pretty crap (they seem to always have HP Water or Grass, luckily Onix has Sturdy, but Geodude doesn't). Think I'm just gonna go back to those caves near the Beryl Ward to train them, since they're filled with flying types around their levels. If there are any other training spots I should know about let me know!

Okay so the in underground railnet entrance in the Jasper ward (I think that's the one. It's across the street from the day care couple's actual house), there is a dark spot and if you walk into it you can find about level 15-20 Woobat's and you only need to run into the little dark circle over and over to train up your lovely rock types. That's what I did and my weak armor Onix got super fast from it.

Butterfree is probably the most useful of the team I chose through some of the battles.

Azumarill is an excellent choice.

Get a pokemon that can use rain dance.

Also, there is one available pseudo legendary after you beat the normal type gym leader.... it'll be useful for the fighting type gym leader.

At first what you said about that certain Psychic Pokemon confused me.

"Wait, isn't Noel after Kik... oh right. Subs."

I'll put that on my list... but damn the grinding is gonna be brutal >.>

Azumarill does seem to be a popular choice, but I wanna try to go for that Mudkip, since I'm about to go to the Wastelands now. I'll see if I can find a Butterfree too.

Right now I've benched Onix, but I'm gonna keep Graveler around for his Ground moves. Gonna need more than just Meowstic I think. Might try to track down that Zorua again as well.

Way past that part. I'm actually on Route 2 currently, training my Clawitzer and Galvantula. My team is now:

Blaziken

Crobat

Metagross

Krookodile

Galvantula

Clawitzer

Once everyone's properly leveled, It'll be smooth sailing, I think... well as much as it CAN be in Reborn.