Why Time Travel Could Never Work.

Skullkin

When you time travel, you travel through time, staying in the same place as you do so.

So, say you want to go to Nazi Germany. You could certainly go back in time to WWII, but because the Earth is always rotating, there's no guarantee that you'll land in Germany...

And since the Earth is always rotating around the sun, there's always a chance that you'll miss Earth completely and travel to a time where the Earth is in a different position than the time you left, causing you to land somewhere in space and instantly suffocate to death.

See, this is what happens to my brain when I'm given constant college work with no freetime in between. =.=

Edited by Skullkin

Additionally paradoxes would be far too easy to cause, and then you'd have been unable to travel back in time in the first place. Therefore there is an infinite number of timelines all running alongside each other all at different moments in time. Any slight interference would more than likely cause essentially a new branch in the tree trunk of time and splinter off more and more timelines parallel to that as time went on.

When you think about timelines I believe the tree metaphor to quite accurate. But then again, we need tempest in here to explain the theory of how to actually time travel first, and then talk about the 12 different dimensions.

>Implying you wouldn't have to manipulate space as well to get from your current location to the one you want to be at when you go back.

Get this shit outta here.

A problem with that is it's not very easy to exactly test said hypothesis to also manipulate space PROPERLY. The results likely wouldn't be able to examined and determined if they were successful or not. They wouldn't be able to see how to adjust from what went wrong.

Fuck y'all, I just go so far forward in time that an exact copy of the universe repeats itself, and go to the time I want.

I've never heard that one before, creative Elfman

Edited by Magus