Advice on In game Team

majig12346

I started save file in e 13 btw

I'm around fighting Kiki, I just beat Cal

Level Distributions? Replacement Pokemon for later in story?

Team:

Meowstic@Light Clay (lv 40)

Ability: Prankster

-Psychic

-Light Screen

-Charge Beam

-Shadow Ball

Noibat (lv 38)

Ability:Telepathy

-Air Cutter

-Bite

-Shadow Ball

-Roost

Greninja (lv 44)

Ability:Protean

-Water Pulse

-Smack Down

-Quick Attack

-Lick

Hariyama (lv 41)

Ability: Sheer Force

-Fake Out

-Whirlwind

-Knock Off

-Force Palm

Emolga (lv 37)

Ability:Static

-Shock Wave

-Electro Ball

-Light Screen

-Acrobatics

Loupunny (lv37)

Ability:Cute Charm

-Cut

-Dizzy Punch

-Jump Kick

-Rock Smash

Edited by majig12346

Cofagrigus handles Kiki's Signature Pokemon incredibly well, Will-O-Wisp also helps a lot with 5/6 of her squad.

Deposit Noibat till it evolves. Having it now will do you no favors.

Hariyama is kind of...done. In Reborn, it's role is that of a Cradily counter. There's better stuff to have on your team now.

Kiki has a certain Steel type you should save that Lopunny for, that Speed and Jump Kick will really come in handy there.

If you need Speed, get a Sewaddle in Jasper, but level it to 31 before evolving it. That's when it gets Sticky Web, which it's 2 evolutions don't. Leavanny also works very well in the Psychic and Dark gyms.

Azumarill's brand new Fairy typing lets it take hits here, especially if you get Azurill to 23 to get Bounce before evolution.

That lead Machamp of hers needs to go fast. 130 Base Attack and ridicously varied moves make it a huge threat. Good thing it's so slow.

Gems. They can be found all over the place and can be (at some point, not sure when) bought at the O.Dept Store for just 200 a pop.

This is actually (IMO) early for asking for team advice because a lot of stuff has yet to be reached, Pokemon and level-up moves alike. I'd say Meowstic, Emolga, Hariyama and Lopunny need to go later. They're good at the point you're at, but they'll outlive their usefulness down the line.

As for stuff later on, if you want counters to specific gyms (with minor spoilers regarding Gym types and clues as to who the Gym's ace is):

Drought Vulpix for the Ice Gym. Fighting types are also great here, much better than Ice's other weaknesses.

Arcanine with Outrage for the new Poison Gym Leader's ace.

Cofagrigus, Escavalier and Durant for the Normal Gym.

Durant with Hustle reKs the Psychic and Dark gyms.Drapion is great as well, but you need to let it keep Bug Bite (which it gets really early) to make that really easy to do. If you go back to E12, you can breed it with a Ninjask to get it Swords Dance. After one SD, my Drapion took down 4 Pokes in the Psychic Gym. Leavanny is also great for these 2 (except for some certain pokes).

New Fighting Gym gets reKt by Crobat. There's also an Archeops event which does similarly well against that same gym. And an Alakazam (among others) event. You'll also need a sorta-fast lead with a Fighting move (other than Rock Smash) and ideally a Fighting Gem for the Dark Gym's lead to avoid having to deal with Hazards.

Fire Gym is incredibly tough if you don't use Rain Dance or Trick Room. Bronzong (with Heatproof, ideally) gets both (Trick Room via TM, one which can't be missed, Rain Dance via Heart Scale or TM). Kingdra is also a good one to have here.

Welp, that's my take on the gyms to come. If you still struggle with something, plenty of topics on basically every gym leader exist.