Courtesy in a Roleplay

Chevaleresse

Here's one, Soldiers, surprised it's not up already...

Cite your grievances

When something comes up, whether it be IRl stuff, circumstance, or an dispute that honestly can't be resolved civilly and is best to just walk away from, or even just because you've lost your interest, your spark of creativity, or the will to go on, Don;t ever, EVER go into an OCC and resign from an RP simply by saying

"I'm leaving."

Without giving or citing any reasons what so ever as to why you're leaving. That's essentially like being the member of a sports team, and then just all of a sudden saying "I'm bailing, have a good life." and leaving you team mates standing there, completely vexed as to why the hell you just decided to leave. Now, personally, as a Host, Soldiers, if you were to try that in my RP, I'd say "Alright, if you want to leave, then you can leave... after you tell me why though."

This is based on a very basic principle, one that is simple to understand; No one likes being left in the dark.

and this goes especially as such when that certain "No one" in question, is running things. If you're have to leave an RP or for some reason develop the desire to leave, then you TELL the host the REASON why, understand? because if you don't, the host is left there, essentially thinking "Dafuq did they just leave for? what went wrong here?"

This rule also cascades into another principle; if you're dropping, be prompt with your notification, don't wait around for weeks to say anything and make the host wonder where you are, and you had better dang sure make sure that the host gets the info directly, whether it be in OCC or PM between the twos of you, they shouldn't have to hear something like "One of your players is quitting" through the damn grape vine, that honestly just seems a bit disrespectful to me.

Now then, with the promptfulness aspect, if something IRL comes up, and you can't get on for a long while, and you need to resign, then it's a completely different story, you just get notification directly to the host when you can. but if you've just lost interest, then that's no excuse, you TELL them that your dropping in a timely fashion, and you cite your specific grievances when you do it.