Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Good items to steal

Ever

Question

9 answers to this question

You can't steal held items from trainers, as a heads-up. So don't bother trying with them against Gym Leaders.

If you're talking about from wild Pokemon: Meowth hold Quick Claws, Trubbish hold Black Sludges, Koffing hold Smoke Balls (...well, I consider those useful) and I've recently learned that wild Yanma hold Wide Lenses. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Wild Panwhatevers also hold Oran Berries but that's only worthy of note if you're wanting Moomoo Milk for free.

...Oh yes, and Luvdisc hold Heart Scales. At a reduced rate so you'll be hunting for a while.

If you were to ask me, Koffing and Trubbish have the best items to steal in the game (Both of these are mentioned above. Lost, you lovely soul.)

The Smoke Ball is an item you can give to your lead pokemon to ensure escape. Pokemon in Reborn can be a little "sticky" at times. If you're training something that is slow, give it the Smoke Ball.

Since Munchlax isn't a obtainable pokemon anymore, the Leftovers are incredibly rare, however, the Black Sludge basically works the same way for Poison type pokemon, with the added bonus of being a good item to trick, bestow, switchawhatsis unto opposing non-grass type pokemon.....Unless it's Noel's Swellow.

Since Munchlax isn't a obtainable pokemon anymore, the Leftovers are incredibly rare, however, the Black Sludge basically works the same way for Poison type pokemon, with the added bonus of being a good item to trick, bestow, switchawhatsis unto opposing non-grass type pokemon.....Unless it's Noel's Swellow.

Well in actual fact it is obtainable. There is only one of them though, and I don't care about leftovers nearly enough to keep resetting the event in order to find that Ame removed the chance of it holding them. Also, I think you meant non-poison.

Wait how? Your supposed to return those items even if you use thief?

I ran a little test and yes... you can steal items from Aya.

My guess is that the code for someone following you and an opposing trainer are different. So, basically, you can steal items from her.

That also means you can steal items from Shelly, Victoria, Cain and whoever else teams up with you in the future. Unless Dan knows a way to fix this.

It shouldn't work with trainer battles though. Only wild pokes and apparently, people following you.

..... because this instance of "people following you" occurs during a wild battle. It is not an intended interaction, but it is something exploitable from every following trainer that has items and does wild battles alongside you. I'll likely look into this at some point.

...sigh...