Need advice

Bearpus

Hi guys! Currently stuck at Charlotte, mostly due to that my team in kinda shitty. I'm glad for any recommendations about which pokemon to use, moves etc

Flygon lvl 68 @ No item

Jolly

Levitate

- Dig

- Dragon Claw

- Crunch

- Earth Power

Skunktank lvl 66 @ No Item

Sassy

Aftermath

- Acid Spray

- Night Slash

- Toxic

- Flamethrower

Delphox lvl 70 @ Light Clay

Quirky

Magician

- Flamethrower

- Light Screen

- Will-O-Wisp

- Phychic

Heliolisk lvl 68 @ No Item

Modest

Dry Skin

- Parabolic Charge

- Thunder Wave

- Thunderbolt

- Surf (needed to learn someone to surf to progress in the game)

Scrafty lvl 67 @ Black Belt

Rash

Moxie

- Brick Break

- Crunch

- Hi Jump Kick

- Head Smash

Barbaracle lvl 69 @ Splash Plate

Docile

Tough Claws

- Stone Edge

- Razor Shell

- Night Slash

- Shell Smash

Theres my team, I would appreciate any help : )

I see that Barbarcle and it has so much potential beat Char... But you can't go head on shell-smashing with the sun up and Solarbeams heading your way. Teach one of your pokemon rain dance as you should've gotten it from the Aqua gang leader, lead with something to use rain dance preferably Delphox and the following turn use Light Screen. If you have a damp rock, go figure. If not, you must be smart and work with the rain. Then with the rain bring in Heliolisk (maybe use Surf?) and Barbaracle, spam Razor shell.

I see that Barbarcle and it has so much potential beat Char... But you can't go head on shell-smashing with the sun up and Solarbeams heading your way. Teach one of your pokemon rain dance as you should've gotten it from the Aqua gang leader, lead with something to use rain dance preferably Delphox and the following turn use Light Screen. If you have a damp rock, go figure. If not, you must be smart and work with the rain. Then with the rain bring in Heliolisk (maybe use Surf?) and Barbaracle, spam Razor shell.

I joined Team Magma tho, can I still get rain dance from the aqua leader?

Yes, you can fight him in one of the alleys in 7th street and he will give it to you

adding to this, you fight him in the top alleyway his team are late 50s to mid 60s, also get rock skide back on flygon and youll own her, id also use a comon candy on Delphox as it's l70 and if it gains a level during the battle it may cost you the battle if it dosent listen to you, id get drid of crunch for rock slide, rain dance isnt needed but i guess both could work

Edited by sandy

The problem is that you can't go to get Rain Dance until after you've beaten Charlotte- the guard at Agate Circus won't let you. Unless you go back to E12, I suppose.

First, Surf is actually very good on Heliolisk. You don't need to defend teaching it that.

That aside, if you happen to have any Heart Scales, most people recommend Flygon with Rock Slide as a hard counter to Charlotte. You might look into getting that. If you don't have any Heart Scales, there are a couple hidden on Route 4, in trees and in a rock wall. I would take Rock Slide over Earth Power, I guess?

The only other moveset suggestion I have to offer isn't for Charlotte, but I feel it should be said anyway: Skuntank isn't built for Toxic stalling. I would get it Explosion over that, or pick something else if you don't want Explosion.

Edit: Ninja'd on the Rock Slide point but the rest still stands~

The problem is that you can't go to get Rain Dance until after you've beaten Charlotte- the guard at Agate Circus won't let you. Unless you go back to E12, I suppose.

First, Surf is actually very good on Heliolisk. You don't need to defend teaching it that.

That aside, if you happen to have any Heart Scales, most people recommend Flygon with Rock Slide as a hard counter to Charlotte. You might look into getting that. If you don't have any Heart Scales, there are a couple hidden on Route 4, in trees and in a rock wall. I would take Rock Slide over Earth Power, I guess?

The only other moveset suggestion I have to offer isn't for Charlotte, but I feel it should be said anyway: Skuntank isn't built for Toxic stalling. I would get it Explosion over that, or pick something else if you don't want Explosion.

Actual you can go back, Ame figured we would get bored getting stuck by the circus so until the real release we can still go back to Route 1.

Actual you can go back, Ame figured we would get bored getting stuck by the circus so until the real release we can still go back to Route 1.

No, Lost said we can't go back to Reborn City from Agate until after you beat Char. Which is tru.

Thanks, went back to ep 12 to get Rain Dance :) Thanks for the Rock Slide tip, I will look into that!

As for Skunktank, is pretty much just a filler pokemon. Found it early in the game, and I just kept using it. Do you have any suggestion for a replacement? I guess the game only will be harder from this point, and I need some good pokes

Thanks, went back to ep 12 to get Rain Dance :) Thanks for the Rock Slide tip, I will look into that!

As for Skunktank, is pretty much just a filler pokemon. Found it early in the game, and I just kept using it. Do you have any suggestion for a replacement? I guess the game only will be harder from this point, and I need some good pokes

if you have exp share id say noibat but thats just me others will have other opinions, also since we will most likly fight blake who uses ice and hardy rock leader proberly find somthing to counter those (considering waterfall's in agate)

...B-but I still use Skuntank... ;A;

If you want something with the same typing but objectively better, look into Drapion? You do already have a Dark-type in Scrafty, though, hmm...

If you want another Poison-type, though it's not my place to say, you can look into Nidoking (with Sheer Force and Sludge Wave/Poison Jab, but then again you also already have a Ground-type), Crobat or Scolipede (Speed Boost and Baton Pass are quite handy), off the top of my head.

If it's something else you want, though? You are much better off asking someone else. I can offer (some) moveset advice, but team advice is not my forte.

ok so you have 2 counters for both blake and hardy (assuming hardy is infact the next leader) so if you really want rid of skuntank think of the remaining leaders, look at your team and see what else could fit there

thats the best advice i can give im afraid

lost lore? would it be advisable to replace dig with flamethrower when the op beats charlotte?

Edited by sandy

lost lore? would it be advisable to replace dig with flamethrower when the op beats charlotte?

For Flygon? Probably not. Rock Slide will hit Ice-types harder (especially with a Jolly nature, and that's only assuming you want to leave Flygon in on one- you probably don't), and that's the only benefit to be had from Flamethrower. Never mind the fact that Delphox is very much a Fire-type already for that.

For Flygon? Probably not. Rock Slide will hit Ice-types harder (especially with a Jolly nature, and that's only assuming you want to leave Flygon in on one- you probably don't), and that's the only benefit to be had from Flamethrower. Never mind the fact that Delphox is very much a Fire-type already for that.

hrm ok my flygon has a rash nature

moves are

flamethrower

rock slide

buldoze

cragon claw

since i have a charizard what should i replace flamethrower for if i should replace it atall? when i find a heart scale that is

Edited by sandy

hrm ok my flygon has a rash nature

moves are

flamethrower

rock slide

buldoze

cragon claw

since i have a charizard what should i replace flamethrower for if i should replace it atall? when i find a heart scale that is

/topic hijacking

Accounting for Rash nature, Flamethrower is actually okay. But... my first recommendation would have been Crunch, but Flygon can't get that back, so... Screech is my next best one, seeing as the other moves are all physical? Its accuracy can be a let down at times, but you'll really hurt things when they're at -2 Defense.

Alternatively you could get another Trapinch and level it up for Earthquake over Bulldoze, and stick Crunch/Screech in Flamethrower's slot. But I don't know if you feel up to that. I doubt I would.

/topic hijacking

Accounting for Rash nature, Flamethrower is actually okay. But... my first recommendation would have been Crunch, but Flygon can't get that back, so... Screech is my next best one, seeing as the other moves are all physical? Its accuracy can be a let down at times, but you'll really hurt things when they're at -2 Defense.

Alternatively you could get another Trapinch and level it up for Earthquake over Bulldoze, and stick Crunch/Screech in Flamethrower's slot. But I don't know if you feel up to that. I doubt I would.

yeh sorry for the topic hijack, yeh im sick of the arcade ill need to keep this in mind for when i get a heart scale as right now i dont have any.

also my flygons attack stat is 183 where my sp.att is 167 was doing move ev training using tauros then unknown as i was sick of getting natu's while grinding levels for my tyrantum with the exp share turos/bufalant was a flat level 52 outside of the grass,

Edited by sandy

Thanks for all replies! : ) Finally beat Charlotte using Flygon with Rock Slide

you should never doubt me when it comes to pokemon and dragons :D anyway congrats also i recomend getting your team up to all 70s at least for the next episode which if all goes to plan in 2-3 weeks

you should never doubt me when it comes to pokemon and dragons :D anyway congrats also i recomend getting your team up to all 70s at least for the next episode which if all goes to plan in 2-3 weeks

:D

That gives me some time to train up some new pokes as well