Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Mining for fossils

Am Drag

Question

I have been looking for fossils while mining so I can update my Pokedex. So far I have found all the fossils (multiples even), except the annoying, freaking Skull Fossil. I have been soft reseting and mining the same rock for the last 8 hours (over today and yesterday). I have already mined all the rocks in the game so far except this rock. I already mined it once for the armor fossil, and now I am blast mining the base of the rock. I have found other fossils while mining the base (SO MANY HELIX!!!), but I don't need more of them. Does anyone know the percentage of finding fossils while mining? I was wondering if some fossils have a less percentage of showing up. If anyone can help me, I was wondering what the percentage of the Skull fossil is. Please and thank you.

12 answers to this question

It's the lowest of anything that can be mined. I tested out of 100 tries and only got a fossil once or twice. So I would say fossils are definitely <5%. Since there are also multiple fossils, your chances of getting the skull fossil is around 1%. Good luck!

Don't even start it. That Claw Fossil was hell for me to find. It was the last one to complete my collection, and i did find it after looking for it for like... i don't know... a month? eh.

Yes, like Phlytosion said, they are rare. I also tried the "100 tries" thing and got 2 fossils. So, yeah...

Keep calm and press F12.

The chance of finding all fossils are the same, 0.28 percent (why do you do this Ame :( )

here's a link to an old thread withe percentages

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8063&hl=fossil

Also it took me 5 hours at 2 or 2.5 speed to find a helix fossil and Vinny one of the community has never found a claw fossil, good luck ;)

Edited by ShatteredSkys

Also it took me 5 hours at 2 or 2.5 speed to find a helix fossil and Vinny one of the community has never found a claw fossil, good luck ;)

Don't even start it. That Claw Fossil was hell for me to find. It was my last one to complete my collection, and i did it after looking for it for like... i don't know... a month?

Sky pls...

Actually, Ame have confirm that she changed the mining percentages a bit, so it is likely old stats or not that accurate. Of course, fossils and plates remain difficult to find, but Odd Keystone is fking difficult, and also you can get multiple plates in one run, I myself got two different plates in one run once in E13.2.

Getting most fossils is a royal pain the rear. I tried for several hours of x3 speedhack before finally getting the skull fossil I needed to get Head Smash Aggron. You really just need to keep up the search and steady your will.

Edited by AuthorReborn

I don't know, if I have just been really lucky, but within 4 hours or so, I found five different fossils while mining...

I did use blast powder while doing so, but I must admit that I do not know, if that's what made it possible ;)