Beating Aya

Byakuya Kuchiki

I recently started a new game, due to Episode 13 being released. I've finally reached Aya, but no matter what Pokemon I use, she always wins. Any tips?

My current team:

Scolipede (45) Strength, Protect, Poison Tail, Steamroller

Luxray (45) Substitute, Charge Beam, Thunder Fang, Crunch

Unfezant (45) Air Slash, Growl, Leer, Quick Attack

Blaziken (45) Double Kick, Brave Bird, Focus Energy, Ember

Dusclops (45) Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Pursuit, Hex

Kricketune (45) Night Slash, Rock Smash, Sing, Bug Buzz

Pokemon in my PC:

Carvanha (20), Woobat (45), Smoochum (23), Lillipup (15), Porygon (20), Drifloon (20), Pidgey (18), Growlithe (20), Pidgeotto (19), Heatmor (40), Foongus (30), Foongus-shiny (30), Arbok (36), Garbodor (45), Weepinbell (45), Swirlix (10), Mankey (17), Hoppip (10), Trapinch (20), Cacnea (1), Surskit (10), Espurr (5), Panpour (24), Carnivine (19), Psyduck (20), Mareep (12), Noibat (23), Scatterbug (19), Pansage (20), Meowth (22), Sandshrew (23), Chingling (24), Diglett (23), Unown (22), Ponyta (25), Purrloin (25), Nuzleaf-5 (25), Stunky (24), Poochyena (27), Houndour (20), Murkrow (20).

All right, let's get this show on the road here. First I'm gonna go over some of your pokemon real quick:

Scolipede: aside from Strength and its speed, this guy'll be completely and utterly useless against Aya. It mostly learns bug and poison moves which'll do jack squat against any of Aya's pokemon. Replace it for now.

Luxray: Well at least he's got Substitute to take some hits, but since it's a double battle, it'll be very hard to set up with charge beam (if that's what you have in mind since Luxray is more physical than special). Since he can take out Aya's Tentacruel, it shouldn't be too bad.

Unfezant: Oh my lord...I just took a look at this thing's movepool on level up and it is absolutely TERRIBLE. Its decent STAB moves doesn't even come until late in the game, and most of what it learns are all special attacks and not physical, which is what Unfezant is good for. Replace ASAP. If you don't want to replace it, try to have your Unfezant to have Super Luck. Since you have Air Slash you should be able to get out some crits before it gets fainted.

Blaziken: Not too bad. The only thing I would suggest is to get rid of ember and have it relearn Blaze Kick. Ember's not gonna do anything for you at this point of the game.

Dusclops: You have Hex. Get Will-O-Wisp. Do it.

Kricketune: This guy is really really bad against Aya too. I would also recommend replacing it.

Some pokemon that I would suggest if you're having even more trouble is a Phanpy, as well as Bunnelby (Beryl Graveyard grass at day). Train your Donphan up till 46 when it learns Earthquake and if you can get Thunder Fang from Move Relearner. For Bunnelby, get one with Huge Power and if possible with high attack IV's. Diggersby will learn Dig by level 37 which will serve you well. You can also train your Bunnelby to level 49 and get Earthquake earlier and then evolve it, your choice. Alternatively, you can also train your Diglett, have Sucker Punch, Dig/Magnitude.

I would also suggest getting a Magneton from Magnemite in Shade's gym (at this point idk if you can get a Magnezone since you need the Yureyuu key).

Might update if I find something better. Hope I helped out.

I don't know what's her current team since I fought her in EP12. Although, let me said few things about your team. Get rid Kricketune like right now lol, he becomes useless after like the 3rd gym. Replace Kricketune with Woobat (evolve that thing) he's going to help with for Aya.

How come Dusclops doesn't have Will-O-Wisp?, that move should help with Dragalge (if she still have that in EP13)

Unfezant is terrible, replace it by Flygon or Tyrantrum when they become available. Even Staraptor would be a much better choice

You should had taught Swagger to Luxray but it's too late now. I'm surprise it doesn't learn Thunder Wave. I believe there other Electric-Type that can do a better job.

Get Swinub, level it up until 37 so it can learn Earthquake, them evolve it to Mamoswine. He will wreck her....

Edited by KnightZhroud

Hi there, yet-another-Aya-victim. *slaps on the back* Welcome to the club.

Okay. I'd suggest you raise some Ground and Psychic types. Whatever you prefer. Your Espurr can learn Light Screen, which can make Aya's team behave a bit. Personally, I used Calm Mind Swoobat. She is awesome because she is part flying, which means she can be combined with your ground type in a double battle. Oh, and that person above who mentioned Swinub? I like that person. Calm Mind boosted Psychic/Earthquake. Bye, Aya. Do it now, before she gets boosted next episode.

Moving on: I'd keep Luxray, because you need something for Tentacruel. (IMO, Thunder Fang rather than Charge Beam because Tentacruel is weaker on the physical side.) And you might consider raising Houndour, to counter that Gengar of hers.

Good luck with the beast ^_^

actualy knight id keep unfezant, i just beat aya wiht flygon/flying combo altho i ended up being flygon/swampert my flygons buldoze just wrecked her altho my trapinch attack stat was high when i got t so i recomend leveling that trapinch it also helpped that i had a steel to soak some poison moves, or even replace unfezant with pidgeot

get rid of blazikens ember get a flygon (you'll thank us later for this) replace unfezant with pidgeot (evolves from pidgeotto) i would also replace kriketune with espurr

Edited by sandy

Get the gothita where the ralts used to be and make sure it has competitive as its ability. Train it until it gets Psychic, psyshock, etc and lead with it and whatever pokemon you want. Hopefully the tentacruel will icy wind and lower gothitelle's speed and because of competitive, raise your special attack stat by two stages. Then proceed to sweep her team. Use your other pokemon the kill anything that threatens gothitelle.

Like others said half your team is useless in this battle (and that is why you couldn't win) Kricketune and Unfeazant are (more or less) useless after the 3d Gym so maybe you should replace them (with Flygon and Dugtrio) Scolipede is (generally) good but not against Aya so pick a Psychic type (your choice really) for coverage.

Okay so for Aya I personally completely reconstructed my entire team to compensate and I whooped her within moments of going in with them

Sturdy Magneton: Resists poison, could set up with charge beam and pretty much slowly kill her team. I also used this to specifically kill Tentacruel by slowly charge beaming up.

Sandslash: I didn't see anyone else mention this one, but he's pretty great. He learns Earthquake at 46 so you'll have to force some common candy down his throat but he'll be awesome afterwards. Also gets swords dance, which is great to set up with, esspecially if Muk, Tentacruel, and Nidoqueen are dead. You can catch Sandshrew underneath the Grand Staircase.

Protean Greninja: There's not really much you can do to sub in for this one.

Mixed Attacker Flygon: I couldn't be bothered to try and breed a Flygon with EQ and decent attack IVs so instead I trained him up normally and since he had near perfect SpecAttack IVs, I made him into a mixed attacker. I also managed to grab him an Earth plate to boost up that Earth Power. He also had Crunch for Gengar and I think Dragon Tail to deal with Dragalge.

Meowstic (Female): Light Clay is priceless. I had it with Light Screen and a STAB attack and without it, Sandslash would have perished instantly.

And finally, the one, the only...

Shedinja. Yeah, that's right, Shedinja. The Wonder Guard menace. You can get this thing from rock smash in the wasteland to get a Nincada. After that, you can use it for a free switch in, use Screech, then Shadow Sneak or star Fury Cutter-ing if you're feeling confident. If you can kill Gengar with this thing, great. If not, you were probably still able to cause some serious damage based on how little she has to counter it.

I hope this helps. I wish there was more I could do to help with subbing something in for Greninja, but I'm not quite sure what would fit the bill. I'll do some research and get back to you guys.