3rd Team Showcase

Xiri

While I'm waiting for E14, I was thinking of raising my Pokemon more uh... professionally (not sure if this is the right word but can't think of another word atm). I've never done breeding before, so I'm new to the mechanic.

Any comments on my team would be appreciated! But please don't advise me to replace any of the members. But advice on what other Pokemon I should raise is also welcome.

*Caution: Extremely unoriginal nicknames

Rizar (Charizard) (Lv. 69)

Held Item: BrightPowder

Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Ability: Solar Power

Moves: Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, Air Slash, Smokescreen

Skunny (Skuntank) (Lv. 69)

Held Item: Scope Lens

Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)

Ability: Aftermath

Moves: Toxic, Flamethrower, Night Slash, Screech

Zuzu (Shiny Azumarill) (Lv. 69)

Held Item: Quick Claw

Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)

Ability: Huge Power

Moves: Bounce, Superpower, Aqua Tail, Play Rough

Aimby (Ambipom) (Lv. 69)

Held Item: Silk Scarf

Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)

Ability: Technician

Moves: Double Hit, Rock Smash, Swift, Screech

Karoz (Shiny Zoroark) (Lv. 69)

Held Item: Dread Plate

Nature: Rash (+SpA, -SpD)

Moves: Night Daze, Foul Play, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot

Houdin (Alakazam) (Lv. 69)

Held Item: Mind Plate

Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Reflect

Is Dragon Rage and Smokescreen worth it on Charizard, and Reflect on Alakazam? Maybe get rid of the Modest nature on that Charizard and give it Flare Blitz and Shadow Claw? Maybe breed Energy Ball onto Alakazam (if that's possible by chain breeding) if you have access to an earlier episode. Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is always a must on Azumarill for me.

Gen 6 breeding has been super simplified. TMs don't get passed on anymore (curse you Nintendo), but both parents pass on Egg Moves. What Egg moves a Pokemon can get can be viewed online, I use Bulbapedia. Here:

2d6o77q.jpg

That's part of Azumarill's page, the "By Breeding" section is about Egg moves. Let's say you want Belly Drum and Aqua Jet (believe me, you want them). Basically, you breed anything listed to be able to pass on one of the moves and breed it with whoever you want the move on. We start with Belly Drum, so you take a male Poliwag/Poliwhirl which has learned Belly Drum and we breed it with your Azumarill, if it's female (if not, breed it with a Ditto, the egg will be of a Marill of random gender). What hatches from that^^ will be a (hopefully female) Marill with Belly Drum. To get Aqua Jet, do the same. Breed a male whatever with Aqua Jet with that (female) Marill with Belly Drum. You'll get the Egg of a Marill with Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. Note that when breeding, abilities, natures and gender of an egg are random. If you don't get a satisfying one, get another egg. Also, a nature can be passed on from parent to child if the parent holds an Everstone while in the Daycare.

The egg you get will be the same species as the female parent, by the way.

Also, if I list a Pokemon like Liepard to be used in breeding, you could use Purrloin as well, the only important part is that it's part of that evolutionary line and that it has the moves you want to pass on.

And here we go:

Honestly? I'd say "rebuild" Charizard. How does Dragon Dance, Outrage/Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz sound? ...as a fourth, not too much good stuff is available, but same can be said about Special Charizard. I guess you could go for DD, Outrage/DC, FB and Wing Attack/Brick Break/Shadow Claw. Of those only DD and Outrage would be bred on, and the chain for those is Druddigon>Horsea>Charizard.

With a physical set, Solar Power is useless, but I doubt you got much use out of it anyways. I'd also say a speed boosting nature would be best. Timid, if physical.

Your team isn't too bulky, so wearing the foes down with Poison won't work all that well. And although there aren't too many good physical moves for it, there are still some. Like Play Rough and Double-Edge. Regarding Dark moves, you have Night Slash, Crunch and Punishment. I'd recommend Punishment as it gains another 20 BP on top of it's base 60 per enemy buff, capping at 200.And you could also use some Black Sludge along with it. As a third move, I'd recommend Acid Spray, but Screech and Memento can be used as well, all of which are for support.

Agreed Mik, Belly Drum and Aqua Jet is the standard set for a reason. Along with Superpower and Play Rough, or maybe Bounce if you need a Flying move more than a Fairy or Fighting move. Just look up for directions.
Also, Quick Claws are not only pointless if you use Aqua Jet, but also super-unreliable as they only activate 10% of the time. Like burning a foe with that Charizard's Flamethrower. Now, how often have you done that?

You can get Bounce, Fake Out and Double Slap. You can see above how on a similar example. Technician or Skill Link, it's your call. No Swift pls, its special attack is terrible.

Not too many foes will have a higher attack stat than Zoroark's Special attack, so you're better of using Night Daze. I'd seriously recommend Extrasensory on it as well, gotten through Nuzleaf or Vulpix. Due to it's lack of bulk, Nasty Plot may be hard to set up, so a good Hidden Power type could be more useful, depending on the situation.

Aaaand that's that. If you don't want to change team members anyways. Hope I could help, and do feel free to PM me should you need any help on breeding.

Gen 6 breeding has been super simplified. TMs don't get passed on anymore (curse you Nintendo), but both parents pass on Egg Moves. What Egg moves a Pokemon can get can be viewed online, I use Bulbapedia. Here:

That's why I said " if you have access to an earlier episode".

That's why I said " if you have access to an earlier episode".

Oh, my bad. Well, it is possible. Petilil/Lotad>Cacnea>Abra. And now I see that I actually forgot to cover that Alakazam. As Mik said, you can get it Energy Ball like <<that. Psychic and Shadow Ball are moves you should go with, while the 4th should be Hidden Power or Calm Mind, your call. Also, if you can't outspeed a foe, you can use that Trick Room TM we got from Radomus to help you with that.

2d6o77q.jpg

That's part of Azumarill's page, the "By Breeding" section is about Egg moves. Let's say you want Belly Drum and Aqua Jet (believe me, you want them). Basically, you breed anything listed to be able to pass on one of the moves and breed it with whoever you want the move on. We start with Belly Drum, so you take a male Poliwag/Poliwhirl which has learned Belly Drum and we breed it with your Azumarill, if it's female (if not, breed it with a Ditto, the egg will be of a Marill of random gender). What hatches from that^^ will be a (hopefully female) Marill with Belly Drum. To get Aqua Jet, do the same. Breed a male whatever with Aqua Jet with that (female) Marill with Belly Drum. You'll get the Egg of a Marill with Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. Note that when breeding, abilities, natures and gender of an egg are random. If you don't get a satisfying one, get another egg. Also, a nature can be passed on from parent to child if the parent holds an Everstone while in the Daycare.

The egg you get will be the same species as the female parent, by the way.

Also, if I list a Pokemon like Liepard to be used in breeding, you could use Purrloin as well, the only important part is that it's part of that evolutionary line and that it has the moves you want to pass on.

And here we go:

Honestly? I'd say "rebuild" Charizard. How does Dragon Dance, Outrage/Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz sound? ...as a fourth, not too much good stuff is available, but same can be said about Special Charizard. I guess you could go for DD, Outrage/DC, FB and Wing Attack/Brick Break/Shadow Claw. Of those only DD and Outrage would be bred on, and the chain for those is Druddigon>Horsea>Charizard.

With a physical set, Solar Power is useless, but I doubt you got much use out of it anyways. I'd also say a speed boosting nature would be best. Timid, if physical.

Your team isn't too bulky, so wearing the foes down with Poison won't work all that well. And although there aren't too many good physical moves for it, there are still some. Like Play Rough and Double-Edge. Regarding Dark moves, you have Night Slash, Crunch and Punishment. I'd recommend Punishment as it gains another 20 BP on top of it's base 60 per enemy buff, capping at 200.And you could also use some Black Sludge along with it. As a third move, I'd recommend Acid Spray, but Screech and Memento can be used as well, all of which are for support.

Agreed Mik, Belly Drum and Aqua Jet is the standard set for a reason. Along with Superpower and Play Rough, or maybe Bounce if you need a Flying move more than a Fairy or Fighting move. Just look up for directions.

Also, Quick Claws are not only pointless if you use Aqua Jet, but also super-unreliable as they only activate 10% of the time. Like burning a foe with that Charizard's Flamethrower. Now, how often have you done that?

You can get Bounce, Fake Out and Double Slap. You can see above how on a similar example. Technician or Skill Link, it's your call. No Swift pls, its special attack is terrible.

Not too many foes will have a higher attack stat than Zoroark's Special attack, so you're better of using Night Daze. I'd seriously recommend Extrasensory on it as well, gotten through Nuzleaf or Vulpix. Due to it's lack of bulk, Nasty Plot may be hard to set up, so a good Hidden Power type could be more useful, depending on the situation.

Aaaand that's that. If you don't want to change team members anyways. Hope I could help, and do feel free to PM me should you need any help on breeding.

Wow thank you so much! I really appreciate this. Looks like I got a bit of work to do... haha