Dusknoirs moveset

Azure NightStriker

I have a lot of time to improve my team so one of the things I know I need to change is my dusknoirs moveset. I'm considering Ice punch if the next gym is dragon type but i'n not sure...

Dusknoir: Shadow Punch, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-Wisp, Brick Break

Any suggestions? They would help a lot.

If your team isn't terribly fast, Trick Room would be perfect. Under Trick Room, Dusknoir could even sweep. What moves you should go for really depends on what other attack types you have on your team, just choose 3 moves out of the 4 punches it gets. Will-o-Wisp is also a good move. Even if the next gym isn't Dragon type, Ice is still a great attacking type

Edited by Etesian

If your team isn't terribly fast, Trick Room would be perfect. Under Trick Room, Dusknoir could even sweep. What moves you should go for really depends on what other attack types you have on your team, just choose 3 moves out of the 4 punches it gets. Will-o-Wisp is also a good move. Even if the next gym isn't Dragon type, Ice is still a great attacking type

Is Shadow Sneak worth keeping if I don't have trick room?

Is Shadow Sneak worth keeping if I don't have trick room?

Well, Trick Room would let Dusknoir "outspeed" everything anyways you wouldn't even need priority for that. Only the very rare priority-using foes would "outspeed" you due to priority, but those moves are so weak, something with Dusknoir's bulk shouldn't have to worry about them, not to mention that even if you use Shadow Sneak on the same turn your foe uses a priority move of their own, you'll still be outsped.

Look at it this way: Without Trick Room, you can outspeed foes with Shadow Sneak (if they don't use priority). With Trick Room, you can outspeed foes with any move (if they don't use priority).