My Team So Far

Joevahkiin

Basically I thought I'd put down my team on the forums so anyone can critique it - now that I've finished EP13 I've only got pickup grinding to keep me going until 14 XD Every poke is about level 70 with decent/good IVs. And in the case of Arcanine having rock smash (and HMs on other pokes) its just because I didn't want to carry a slave around.

Arcanine

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Nature: Adamant

Moves: Extreme Speed, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Rock Smash

Flare Blitz for massive stab, Extreme speed priority, Outrage for coverage. I love this guy, he can just mince opposing teams if set up right and is generally good for punching holes in teams, he basically swept Noel by himself.

He's not exactly durable though, what with the recoil, so regular ultra potions are required.

Metagross

Ability: Clear Body

Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Nature: Adamant

Moves: Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt

My pseudo-legend, and he's awesome. Provided my opponent isn't carrying EQ this guy is a pain to take down and has a lot of staying power. Prorbably should have put his EVs into HP and not Speed, but its done now.

Honchcrow

Ability: Moxie

Nature: Jolly

Moves: Brave Bird, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Roost

Do I really need to explain this guy? Basically kill one poke and sweep from there. Roost just in case I get a chance to recover which, admittedly, isn't often. Again, healing items required.

Gengar

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed

Nature: Timid

Moves: Dark Pulse, Night Shade, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond

Gotta love gengar, and I have done since Gen 1. Reborn hasn't been kind to him though, only giving him access to a few powerful moves. Destiny Bond is there as a fallback plan for boss pokemon (I.e that friggin abra) and night shade because nothing else has really come along to replace it yet. Still, he is an absolute monster provided he's not up against a normal type.

Greninja

Ability: Protean

EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed.

Nature: Modest

Moves: Surf, Strength, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse

Again, no explanation needed really - if it can tear up the meta it can tear up Reborn XD I basically just gave it the strongest moves I could find and, surprise surprise, it kills crap I don't like.

Tyrantrum

Ability: Rock Head

Nature: Jolly

Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, EQ, Head Smash

When I first found this guy in Y I wasn't too impressed. Trying him in reborn, however, I grew to love this cute little massive t-rex of death. No spoilers, but one DD and he singehandedly swept the entire last gym of EP13. As you have probably guessed, thats why I chose rock head over strong jaw, as most of the fang attacks are underpowered and the ability only fixes the problem rather than making it better. I also chose this guy because I wanted a dragon. And flygon and altaria both suck.

So there you go. I'm open to any suggestions on comments. Go ahead :)

Swapping Arcanine's Extreme Speed for Agility would let it oustpeed any unboosted foes anyways, unless they use priority attacks themselves, which are not only quite rare, Aqua Jet is also the only Priority move Arcanine is weak to and not too many users of that one exist. You could also get yourself Close Combat instead of RS via breeding with a Primeape.

Again, I'd say Agility>Priorities.

Since you said you don't even use Roost all that much (and healing items can just be bought anyways), you should swap Roost for Tailwind. Speed isn't one of your team's main selling points and Tailwind can help you with that. Also, you could go back to the Dept. Store to get yourself a Scope Lens. Those boost critical hit rates, thus giving Night Slash a 50% crit chance.

No comment on Tyrantrum, but, For the next two, I'd say you should get back to E12 and breed for some moves.

Remoraid>Greninja gives Greninja Ice Beam

Stunfisk>Grimer>Gengar gives you a Gengar with Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt.

It no longer works since E13, so you'd have to get back to E12 or earlier.

Breed Gengar with Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt, you have to go to EP12 to do that though. If you do this, you don't need Metagross on your team sorely for the fact that Greninja can do Psychic-Moves with STAB and Gengar can destroy Fairy with Sludge Bomb. Has to what replace Metagross with.....get a Bug-Type. I seriously don't know any good Bug-Type besides Durant since I'm using him :P

Venomoth although 2 poison pokemon on the same team. But you got past the worst of the psychic part of game.(*sure enough*)