Tips for the early game multi battles (e.g. Amethyst Depths Zetta, DR Galvantula)

doombotmecha

Ok, so, for both of the big partner fights of act 2, I went with Venam, for the first fight because why not, and the second because I was about to face a bunch of electric bugs and I didn't think that Mr. Dark Types was going to cut it. I beat each fight hanging on by a thread!

My mons were all super squishy barring Marshtomp, so it's not surprising that the ai double-targeted me, but it's chapter 2. If I'm struggling this early, there's probably just something I'm missing. My team for those fights was as follows:

Marshtomp 

Vivillion

Rockruff

Pichu

Shuppet

Trubbish

With Marshtomp hitting cap over the course of the Zetta fight and everyone else around level 21-22.

So, what tips would y'all give for my next run through here? So far all I can think of is that Geodude+healing items probably tanks through most of Galvantula. Not sure how it would do against most of Zetta's team though.

Most of your pokemon are still in their weak first stages (especially Pichu). The best first stage mon there is Trubbish, who isn't great vs. Rift Galv because it's also Poison type. In addition, Vivillon is generally pretty solid in other fights around this time, but most pokemon in the Zetta and Rift Galv fights have a move that hits it SE. I usually like to have most of my team at this point to be things that have already evolved at least once just for the stats. Things like Swoobat, Fearow, and Sandslash are solid for this reason, as well as some rare encounters like Chingling

• Like 1

Swoobat (simple ability) with Air Cutter

Leavanny with Razor Leaf

Mightyena with Snarl

Are good for these fights, as those moves will hit both opposing pokemon. Also it would be worth your time to evolve Rockruff as it evolves at the level 25 cap

• Thanks 1