Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

The Eeveelutions

WinterHill28

Question

So I just got Wonder Traded a pretty decent IV Eevee. I've just started a new, fresh playthrough as I haven't touched the game much since around Episode 6/7 (I can't fully remember, but it was quite a few years ago). 

My question you guys is, what is your opinion on which Eeveelution is best for the later game?

At the moment, my two team members that I'm keeping are Froakie (starter) and Gible (wonder trade again (thank you RNGsus)). I'm currently talking to the PokeDealer on these forums and I'm hoping I can get a Litwick off them and once I get Mareep that will be my main electric type so the OG Three Eeveelutions are out of the question for me.

So, Umbreon, Espeon, Slyveon and Glacion: who should I aim for?

5 answers to this question

8 hours ago, WinterHill28 said:

So I just got Wonder Traded a pretty decent IV Eevee. I've just started a new, fresh playthrough as I haven't touched the game much since around Episode 6/7 (I can't fully remember, but it was quite a few years ago). 

My question you guys is, what is your opinion on which Eeveelution is best for the later game?

At the moment, my two team members that I'm keeping are Froakie (starter) and Gible (wonder trade again (thank you RNGsus)). I'm currently talking to the PokeDealer on these forums and I'm hoping I can get a Litwick off them and once I get Mareep that will be my main electric type so the OG Three Eeveelutions are out of the question for me.

So, Umbreon, Espeon, Slyveon and Glacion: who should I aim for?

I think Umbreon or Sylveon. Umbreon is a decent staller with a good movepool, Glaceon & Leafeon are kinda frail for me, Sylveon and Espeon have pretty good move pools but Sylveon is good for dealing with dragons depending on what moveset you give gible, keep in mind we do not have Earthquake TM yet. Espeon has a type weakness shared with Litwick but has good stab psychic to deal with poison types which Cain is all about each has totally different roles, but leaning towards a bulkier Pokemon for your team so far which means Umbreon. At least that's my opinion, will depend on what type of a Pokemon you want though and if it has egg moves

1 hour ago, Starry Knight said:

I think Umbreon or Sylveon. Umbreon is a decent staller with a good movepool, Glaceon & Leafeon are kinda frail for me, Sylveon and Espeon have pretty good move pools but Sylveon is good for dealing with dragons depending on what moveset you give gible, keep in mind we do not have Earthquake TM yet. Espeon has a type weakness shared with Litwick but has good stab psychic to deal with poison types which Cain is all about each has totally different roles, but leaning towards a bulkier Pokemon for your team so far which means Umbreon. At least that's my opinion, will depend on what type of a Pokemon you want though and if it has egg moves

My thoughts were with the Gen 2 evos too. Just can’t decide between the two. I generally prefer Umbreon but as you said about Cain I’m gonna need a psychic sweeper

2 minutes ago, WinterHill28 said:

My thoughts were with the Gen 2 evos too. Just can’t decide between the two. I generally prefer Umbreon but as you said about Cain I’m gonna need a psychic sweeper

Gothita is in library, Solosis can be obtained in around 10th gym both very good as well, Gothita is kinda bulky and good so atk, need Luna's key to get to Solosis though

Where r u in game wise?