Smash Ultimate: Winning EVO with no skill.

ShadeStrider

Spoiler

Please don’t take this thread too seriously. I made this thread for fun. 

So, I want to win EVO, and Smash Ultimate is my game. The problem is: I suck at the game.

Melee and Brawl had ways for people to get around having skill. In Melee, you pick Ice Climbers and learn to Wobble. In Brawl, you pick Ice Climbers and learn to chaingrab. (Fox has a high learning curve, and an unskilled Meta Knight will just get hit out of his Mach Tornado by that one guy who uses Ganondorf. It’s even more humiliating because the matchup is nearly unwinnable)

Other than Icies... yeah, pretty much everything has been banned: Infinite Dimensional Cape, Peach Side B stall under stage, Jigglypuff Sing Ledge infinite... all banned.

In Ultimate, those things were removed.

How do you suggest getting around the skill requirement?

Well... there are still many ways to win with 0 skill, and I'll list the easiest ones by character. As you are going to win EVO, I'll only give you tips that work live (and not 4glory stuff like AFK Corrin)

I'll divide all characters by tiers, I suggest you to play a tier A/S character and master their hidden techniques. Also tier C/B are good, but you have to play them well

Mario: as most sm4sh combos are dead, the only remaining way to win with no skill is to Fair offstage. Use him only to counter Dr. Mario by trading Fairs offstage as you have the spike. Tier E

DK: break the opponent's controller the day before EVO to make only the shield button useless, grab them and use cargo throw offstage and get stocks as they can't tech. Tier C

Link: spam stuff ggwp. Tier B

Samus: same as Link, but with much more style and B-reverses. Try to get shieldbreaks for hype bomb-Dair. Tier B

Dark Samus: same as before but with even more style. Use upsmash as it can even hit Mario. All 3 spammers are very viable for EVO. Tier A

Yoshi: he's bad unless you spam specials. Use other characters. Tier E

Kirby: same as yoshi. Tier F

Fox: go back to melee. Tier F

Pikachu: quite good, but there is no reason to use him as Pichu is much better. Tier F

Luigi: learn the bsd combos and use them. Trashtalk the opponent's girlfriend or talk about yours if they don't have one during the match to make them not DI properly. Very good character. Tier A

Ness: PK fire spam. Tier A

Captain Falcon: very hard to play, but at least the knee and the falcon punch make him competitively viable. Maybe. Tier C

Jigglypuff: buff the puff. Tier 1.1.5

Peach/Daisy: extremely hard character to play, with extreme rewards. If you play her as you should, EVO is yours. Peach/Daisy has one of the greatest potentials lf the game, but you have to train hard and I'll tell you how. Go shiny hunting. On frlg. Get a shiny Chansey. Catch him. Twice. On the same day. On console. You are now ready to use the downB and get AT LEAST 10 bob-ombs in a row, with some mr saturns interrupting the bomb chain. EVO is yours. Tier S

Bowser: steal a stock with a charged Fsmash and use bowsercide to steal a second one. Support yourself by distracting the opponent, like you do with Luigi. Tier D. He is worse than Luigi but at least he likes the right princess

Ice Climbers: desync combos and chaingrabs are still very good. Master them and win EVO. Best character in the game, if we don't consider doing illegal actions or RNG abuse. Train, use them, win with everyone and counter them in mirrors with Lucas, Robin or the Belmonts, I'll explain you how. Tier A. Would be tier S, but it requires training for combos and braindead combos are a sort of skill as the same.

Sheik: good character, but skill based so she is bad for you. Tier F

Zelda: a bit less skill based, but her neutral is harder than it looks like. Tier D because you can spam specials

Dr Mario: Mario, but more meme and without the sacred spike. Tier F

Pichu: now we are talking. If your opponent has a bad matchup aganist Pichu, switch to him by game2 and spam Nairs Upairs and most importantly THUNDER. You won. Sadly, he is destroyed by many A/S tier characters, like a well played Peach or Daisy

Falco: not the best, but tournament viable. Spam lasers. Last year I've seen on stream a player doing that at EVO and I'm not joking at all, don't remember his name. He lost to pac-man btw. Tier B

Marth: he relies on spacing, spacing requires knowledge, knowledge and skill are bad. Tier F

Lucina: basically, Marth but good. Tier C because she is easy to learn

Young Link: the best spammer in the game in my opinion and most importantly the only Peach true counter in the game (shoot fire arrows to the bob ombs to make them explode). Use Link aganist him, protect yourself in hylian shield and outrange his sword. Tier S, you can seriously pick up him and win games at EVO with him playing this way

Ganondorf: big boy ganon is slow, but again there is Warlock Punch to make him decent. Your strategy is to get that one reverse warlock punch every 10 minutes for the 0 to death. He is sadly countered by many characters, as the two Samus, Young Link, Ness, Peach, or even a well played DK so he is only tier C. Fsmash upsmash and downB are also good options to use IN NEUTRAL

Mewtwo: just a bad Samus with a reflector. Well, use it to counter Samus. He can also manage to have a decent matchup with Pichu thanks to his weight class, the Nair, the good range tilts and most importantly Shadow Ball. Tier C because he has too many unfavourable matchups

Roy/Chrom: same as Marth/Lucina. Tier F and C

Mr. Game & Watch. Probably the best character in the entire game. It requires half the training you spend for peach and get even more damage as a result. You have to train hard, until you can be sure that all of your judges are 9s. At this point, you have probably won EVO. If you face a G&W with this game plan, try to use Peach/Daisy as they are the only character with a good matchup, but you can also spam projectiles with any Link character. Remember to use the downB when needed. Ice Bucket challenge? Tier S. I would say tier SS but this game is alredy too racist for some people

And this was for the characters until Melee but I'll continue for everyone

I feel like you're underrating Chrom here. His lack of sweetspots not only makes him simpler but also significantly better in the air as opposed to his echo, Roy.

In addition, he can do pre-nerf bowsercide with his up B--if he nails an up-B that sends both him and his foe off the bottom, and they're both on their last stock, Chrom will win.

He may not be as good as others on this list, but he's definitely a tier above marth and Roy.

1 hour ago, doombotmecha said:

I feel like you're underrating Chrom here. His lack of sweetspots not only makes him simpler but also significantly better in the air as opposed to his echo, Roy.

In addition, he can do pre-nerf bowsercide with his up B--if he nails an up-B that sends both him and his foe off the bottom, and they're both on their last stock, Chrom will win.

He may not be as good as others on this list, but he's definitely a tier above marth and Roy.

I completely forgot Chromcide. This will make him rise to tier B, so one above Lucina. Thanks for make me remember it. This tier list will become wonderfully stupid