Super Smash Saga: The Master Crown [CW/Feedback/Discussion]

Bok Choi

Feel free to tell me if my taste in music is terrible 😛
Listen to this!

Waddle Dee: The Suit of Power

Spoiler

“What does it look like?” Waddle Dee asks, prodding Olimar for any new information. The walls shake and dust fills the air as whatever’s on the other side tries to break through.

“I didn’t really get a good look at it, but my Pikmin may have,” Olimar says with uncertainty. “I just saw an exotic-looking elliptical orange spacecraft come out of nowhere, and before I knew it, we were plummeting back down towards the surface”.

“You’re sure your helmet is okay?” Alph asks.

“I’m sure. You should be at the back with Brittney and Louie”. Olimar reminds him. Without waiting for Alph’s reply, he blows his whistle at his Pikmin. “Maybe they know what the thing chasing us looks like”.

“I don’t see why I can’t help you,” Alph says as the yellow and red pikmin chitter to each other, trying to move into specific positions.

“It’s dangerous. If your helmet cracks, you’re dead before I can patch it up”.

“It’s the same for you!”

“Yeah, but Alph,” Olimar says as an explosion sounds from outside the wall. “You’re much younger than I am”. He looks into Alph’s eyes, dead serious. “I’m old. I can’t explore like this for many more years”. Olimar sighs, and Waddle Dee senses that this is much more taxing on him than he makes it seem. “Your team will be taking mine and Louie's places fully on the next expedition”.

“But Oli-”

“No buts”. He says firmly. “You can help, but only if you yourself is out of harm’s way”.

Hesitating only a moment, Alph nods, and leaves to the back of the room.

“Hey, Olimar?” Waddle Dee says, diverting Olimar’s attention back to him.

“What?”

“We fought her before”. Waddle Dee points at the pattern the Pikmin have made on the ground, the rough shape of an orange helmet missing a part of its visor.

“Her?”

“Yeah. It’s not a robot, just a person inside a suit”. Waddle Dee thinks back to the fight in Magolor’s hangar bay, and their last-second escape. “We only barely managed to get away”.

“Weaknesses?” Olimar’s ransacking his brain for some sort of strategy.

“I don’t-” He’s interrupted by a large booming explosion that shakes the room. “-know”.

“We’ll have to overwhelm her with sheer numbers, then”. Olimar nods, whistling for his Pikmin to converge behind him. “Despite her power, there’s no way she’ll be able to handle an all out assault from all of us on all sides”.

“… I want to try to just knock her out, not kill her”. Waddle Dee suggests.

Olimar raises his eyebrows, skeptical. “Why?”

“Magolor’s been taking control of people from various worlds, including ours,” Waddle Dee says, remembering Daroach. “For once, I’d like to try to save someone”. Waddle Dee gestures to the room. “There’s so much information we could pull out of these scrolls and documents”.

As he says this, another explosion shakes the room, and bits of rubble break off the ceiling, tumbling to the floor.

“There’s something we can try,” Olimar says just as Peach and Bowser approach as well. “I’ll head over to…” He points to the top of a bookcase beside the currently-closed opening of the room. “On top of there”.

“What about us?” Peach asks.

“Stand by. If my plan doesn’t work, we’ll proceed with an all out a-” Olimar stops talking as he realizes the rumbles have gone silent.

“Do you think-”

“Shhh”. Olimar interrupts. Looking behind him, Olimar points to Peach and Bowser, then to a bookcase opposite the one he was pointing to earlier, and the two of them move away from Olimar and behind the bookcase, out of sight. He gestures for the others in the room to do the same in other places, but he waves for Waddle Dee to follow him.

Unsettled by the uneasy quiet, he quickly scuttles after Olimar as he approaches the bookcase, and moving his small hands in front of him, Waddle Dee gives Olimar a boost up onto the bookcase. With a leaping jump, landing with a feather-light touch, Waddle Dee joins Olimar on top of the bookcase. Looking around, Waddle Dee can see the others peeking out from behind corners

They watch the entrance intently, waiting for something to happen. Ten… Eleven… Twelve…

Bowser grows impatient. “Do you think she-”

An explosion rocks the room as the thick metal door begins to bend inwards.

“Get to cover!” Olimar yells.

Waddle Dee jumps down with him behind the bookcase, and less than a second later, the metal wall explodes inwards, and peeking back around, he sees the tail end of a giant laser blast to the end of the room.

Without a shrill whistle, Olimar rolls out from behind the bookcase, holding one of his yellow Pikmin. As he runs across the woman’s field of vision, Waddle Dee sees him hurl multiple Pikmin at the armored woman, much faster than Waddle Dee could’ve thrown his own spears. Quickly, he dodges right, one of the woman's lasers barely missing his helmet.

“Now! Waddle Dee, Bowser, Peach!” Olimar yells as he ducks out of sight.

Waddle Dee runs out from behind the bookcase, Peach and Bowser on the other side of the woman, and see that the yellow Pikmin have latched onto the woman’s cannon-like arm, and the cannon is sparking in an alarming fashion. She levels her arm cannon straight at Waddle Dee, but it isn’t able to shoot.

Running towards her, Waddle Dee tries to slam the butt of his spear into the side of her head, but she nimbly twists out of the way, despite her orange armor.

With a powerful roundhouse kick, the woman sends Waddle Dee flying into the bookcase that Peach and Bowser had been behind, sending the bookcase crashing to the floor in a splinter of wood.

“Oww…” Waddle Dee struggles up, brushing splinters off of himself. Peach and Bowser are on each side of the woman, alternating strikes. Bowser hurls his giant fist, which the woman just barely blocks, and without missing a beat, Peach sweeps down the woman’s opposite knee with a well-placed kick. The woman tries to block with her arm cannon, but it just continues to fizz and spark as the yellow Pikmin try to crawl inside her armor.

As the woman is pushed back to the entrance by Bowser and Peach, her entire suit begins to spark, violently, and her whole body freezes in place, still, like an immobile, orange statue. As soon as she stops moving, Peach and Bowser take a step back, and the small Pikmin exit the suit, watching what’ll happen next.

“It worked!” Olimar yells, cheering. “Nice job taking her on yourselves. I was going to call in the others, but you’ve got it handled!”

“What exactly did you do?” Bowser asks, confused that the woman they were fighting had suddenly froze.

“I took a little risk,” Olimar answers, calling his Pikmin back with a whistle. “I noticed most her blasts were more energy and electronic and less magical, and once I knew there was someone inside, I thought shorting out those electronics should at least slow her down, if not stop her completely”.

Waddle Dee walks up to the suited woman, looking through the crack in her visor.

“Her eyes… They’re like Daroach’s”. Grabbing the helmet, Waddle Dee easily takes it off, revealing the woman staring creepily in front of her, her eyes giving off an unnatural red light, nearly drowning out their natural green. Her blonde hair is tied up behind her in a ponytail, but her features are strikingly soft, and definitely not what Waddle Dee was expecting inside this bulky orange suit. “I wonder what Magolor sent her here for? Why her alone? And why didn’t he come after us himself?”

“Well that’s unsettling,” King Dedede says, noticing her blank stare. “You think we can help her?”

“We have to try,” Meta Knight responds, walking up. “Do what you can, and I’ll fortify the entrance. We don’t know who or what will show up next”. He stops suddenly, as if struck be inspiration "Actually... I have a better idea". He turns around, grabbing a pile of books from the nearest shelf. "Let's move it all onto the Starcutter and continue from there".

… Samus failed.

She what?

She couldn’t get the crystal ball you wanted.

Ohohoho. Your turn.

No. I’m done helping you. If you want it so badly, get it yourself.

Edited by Bok Choi

I started this when Ultimate was announced and now it's out?? How time flies

some spacey tunes

Luigi: Accession

Spoiler

“Rosalina?” Luigi unbars the door and opens it, peeking in. “I know you mean well”. I think.

“What is it Luigi?” Rosalina sits with her back to the door. “What more do you want?”

“I just wanted to let you know where we’re going”. He shuffles his feet awkwardly. “We’re-”

“Do I get any say in this?” She keeps her back to the door.

“... Uhhhh”.

“Then why are you here?” She turns, glaring at Luigi.

“I just… Nevermind”. Scratching his head, Luigi turns, beginning to leave.

“I hope you’re happy you warned Callie,” Rosalina says. “I could have ended her so easily”.

“Ended her?”

“I should have killed her the first time. I should have killed both of them the first time. Then none of this would have happened. The Captain wouldn’t be dead”. She looks back towards Merlon. “Merlon wouldn’t be…”

you killed Captain Toad”.

“His fate was sealed decades ago,” Rosalina says, looking back towards the wall, away from Luigi.

“... How old are you?”

Rosalina doesn’t answer the question. “Leave me in peace, Luigi”.

He closes the door, and Fox, waiting outside, bars the door with some mechanical contraption.

Luigi debates whether or not to ask Fox if the lock is necessary, then decides against it. Better safe than sorry, right?

“We took the Captain’s body to the Great Fox,” he says. “We’ll help you take him home”.

“How’s Hoopa?” Luigi asks.

“He’s woken up. He heals quickly, too”. Fox responds

“Complaining my ear off about how he couldn’t beat Groudon,” Falco grumbles, voice coming through Fox’s radio. “Help me, somebody”. Luigi can faintly hear a high pitched chitter through the radio, which he assumes must be Hoopa.

“I’m on my way,” Fox says. He then turns to Luigi “I guess you’re the Captain of this vessel now, so… You coming, Captain?”

That hits Luigi like a pile of Thwomps. It’s true, wasn’t it? With Toad gone, Rosalina locked up, and Merlon incapacitated, it’s up to him now to lead everyone. Every single person on this fleet of ships is looking to him.

His throat tightens up. He doesn’t have guidance like when Merlon asked him to navigate to Callie’s world. What if something goes wrong? What if he can’t be the leader everyone needs him to be?

What would his brother do?

“Umm, Luigi?” Fox waves his hand in his face, snapping Luigi back to reality. “You’re shaking a little. You sure you don’t need rest?”

“Aaaaa no,” Luigi says. “I’mma fine”.

Fox raises his eyebrows, doubtful. “Okay then. I’m going to go help Falco”. With only one look back, Fox goes off at a brisk jog.

Blocking all the anxious thoughts out of his head, Luigi rushes down to the control panel by the core.

“Yoshi yoshi?” The green dinosaur bounces around in front of the control mechanism on the main floor next to the core of the Observatory, which has been rerouted to serve as the main controls. He’s trying to be cheerful, but his upbeat smile is looking more and more forced by the day.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be ready for whatever comes-a our way”. He nods towards him, then looks to Link, who is beside the control panel, concentrating. “Are you sure this’ll work?” Luigi asks. “This sword can take you home?”

Link nods in reply. He holds his sword in front of him, pointing skywards, and it starts glowing. His hair and clothes begin to flutter, as if Link is caught in a strong breeze. Letting go, the sword floats by itself, drifting towards the core. It glides inside, like a raindrop disappearing into water.

“This won’t… Break anything, right?” Luigi asks.

Link doesn’t respond, concentrating with his eyes closed. Suddenly, the control panel blinks on, and navigation seems to automatically activate, showing a route to a specific point in space.

“That’s where we need to go?” Luigi asks.

Link nods in reply.

“Maybe then he’ll find out what happened to his voice!” Hoopa floats up, giggling. Link looks to Hoopa, bewildered.

“I can read your mind, silly!” Hoopa flies in a circle around Link.

“You recovered quickly,” Luigi states. “Should you be floating around like that?”

“Oh trust me, he’s completely fine”. Falco walks up, grumpy. Luigi does a double take when he sees Falco’s feathers are much poofier than usual. And are those… Sparkles and sequins? Fox follows him, stifling laughter.

“Hee~” Hoopa snickers, rotating in the air and tossing his hoops from hand to hand, juggling. “Do you like the makeover I gave him?”

“It’s ah-” Luigi can’t quite find the words. “something”.

“You deal with him,” Falco glares. “I’m going to get this glitter out of my feathers”. He stalks off, Fox following.

“But I’m not dooonnnee” Hoopa pouts, about to fly after him.

“Not-a so fast”. Luigi says, stopping Hoopa. “If you can read read Link’s mind, you can help him communicate”.

“Ooh, time to dig up some big bad secrets”. He rubs his hands together, smiling. “He thinks we’re all completely incompetent,” Hoopa snickers.

Link glares at Hoopa

“He also thinks I’m a pest”.

Luigi tries to ignore Hoopa’s comments, and heads to the control panel, setting the Comet Observatory close behind. He turns on a small intercom that has been hooked up to the other ships in the fleet.

“Okay everyone. First things first, we’re going to deliver Link home. Then we’re taking our own planet back. Everything one step at a time”.

He looks behind him, gauging everyone’s reactions. Yoshi smiles, nodding. Fox has reappeared, and is watching Luigi for orders.

Hoopa giggles, flying in a circle around Luigi. “They all believe in you! And I do too!”

“Do they- Do you really?” Luigi asks.

“Of course,” Hoopa says, smiling. “If anyone can lead us, it’s you”.

Luigi nods, turning back to the console. He turns so that nobody can see his furrowed brow and quivering lip. He hopes, really hopes that he can do what they think he can.

You have done it, Callie! You stole it!

Just as you asked. What’ll you do with it?

Rosalina’s power will help us win. Meanwhile, you have another-nother job.

With Magolor?

No. Just a teensy weeny different thing.

…?

I need you to steal a crystal ball.

Edited by Bok Choi

• 2 weeks later...

I think this chapter turned out really fun ^_^
This music is really fun too

Fox McCloud: Guardians

Spoiler

“We’re pulling up now,” Fox says, pulling down above the atmosphere of the planet. “Can we have a roll call?” Fox twirls his Arwing in a barrel roll with a flick of the wheel. “Arwing Ace One, ready to go”.

“Show-off. Arwing Ace Two, ready”. Falco says.

“Arwing Ace Three, back in the seat!” Slippy yells from his Arwing. Fox and Slippy put their robotic assistant at the helm of the Great Fox while it continues repairing itself amidst the rest of the fleet.

“Link and I are great, but he says it’s a tiny bit cramped”. Hoopa says, translating for Link in Arwing Four. “He says he’s getting the hang of this”.

“Don’t worry, you’ll have a much easier time once we get down to the ground and switch to the walkers”. Fox says, reassuring him. “And your shields are at a hundred percent, so you shouldn’t worry too much”.

“Personally, I prefer the air”. Falco says.

“Feel free to stay up here alone,” Fox says, smirking. “Let’s head down, slowly though”. He begins piloting his Arwing through the cloud cover. “Keep your eyes open, we don’t know what this place has in store for us”.

“Link says this place is called Hyrule,” Hoopa interjects. Fox doesn’t respond, watching intensely as they look through the clouds.

“Oh man…” Hoopa says. Fox doesn’t need to ask to know he’s not just translating for Link.

The surface of the planet has been ravaged, scorch marks dotting the land as far as Fox can see. Recently destroyed buildings are scattered everywhere, and bodies of fallen soldiers are all over the place.

“This is terrible,” Slippy says. “How big of a fight was this?” Slippy asks as the pull closer to the ground. They fly slowly over the rolling fields of Hyrule.

“Link says not all the soldiers are Hyrulean,” Hoopa says. “There are a lot of troops from various kingdoms across Hyrule, and some are wearing colors and clothes that aren’t familiar, even a little otherworldly”.

“I think we should h-”

“Look out!” As Slippy yells, A red laser blast explodes past Fox’s Arwing, narrowly missing.

“We’ve got hostiles on our right, get into your walker modes!” Fox presses a button and his entire Arwing begins to transform in midair, falling towards the ground. In only a fraction of a second, the two wings of the Arwing swing downwards and split into talon-like feet, while the nose of the ship slide under the cockpit, becoming the body of what looks like a two-legged reptile. The walker lands hard onto the ground with a thump, throwing up dirt and clumps of grass. Slippy and Link land close behind him, also in their walkers.

“I’ll provide support from the air,” Falco says. “Be careful!”

Fox comes face to face with a hoard of machines almost as large as the Arwings themselves.. They each have six legs, and they scurry around with terrifying speed. They have a canister-like body, and swirling patterns all over them are glowing with a blue-green light.

Fox makes his walker jump to the side, narrowly avoiding another blast from one of the machines.

“Take them out!” Fox presses the trigger button on his controls, and laser cannons blast back at the machines. The blasts, however, barely dent their metal bodies. The three walkers run back and forth, dodging the machines’ attacks, while Falco flies overhead, dropping a variety of ammunition, hoping to damage them. “Link, do you know about these?”

“Link says these are Guardians,” Hoopa reveals. “Whoever invaded must have taken control of them, cuz they usually aren’t this aggressive”.

“Anything else?” Falco asks as he swoops down overhead, showering the guardians with a volley of shots.

“The place where the lasers shoot from is the most vulnerable part. Shoot there”.

“Those tiny things?” Fox exclaims. He spots a small blue eye-like shape in the middle of its metal body, where the lasers are blasting out. “How am I supposed to hit that?”

“You aim,” Falco says sarcastically as he flies overhead again, letting out another scatter of shots. One hits a Guardian right in its eye, and it staggers backwards, body spinning independently of its legs.

“There are at least eight of these here,” Slippy says, voice coming through the intercom, “There’s no way we’re taking them all out anytime-”.

“Get good, guys,” Falco does a backwards u-turn, sending another blast of shots towards the same Guardian. Hitting it right in the eye again, the Guardian takes a few steps backwards, before the lights on its body go out and it falls to the ground with a crash. “Scratch one bogey”.

As he says this, another group of five Guardians appear over the crest of a nearby hill.

“... Nevermind?” Falco says.

“Way to jinx the party,” Fox says. “Change of plan, we have to find where these are coming from”.

“Got it,” Falco says. With a boost of fuel, his Arwing disappears over the crest of the hill.

Immediately, Fox dashes up the crest of the hill and jumps the walker high into the air. With a flick of a lever, the walker’s legs and body retract upwards, forming back into the original shape of an Arwing. His breath catches a bit as he feels a laser clip his shields.

“Careful everyone, these machines and these attacks are getting a little too close for comfort”.

Fox squints as he tries to make out something in the distance. The rolling hills become much steeper up ahead, more like a mountain range, and there’s a strange but large object on top of one. It seems to be surrounded by intense storm clouds. Fox sees Falco’s Arwing in the distance, flying into the clouds.

“Ho… y cra… ” Falco’s voice comes through, but static obscures it. “Th… T… ing is h… ge”.

“Falco? We’re losing you. Stay with us”. Fox watches in concern as the clouds grow angrier, quicker than any storm he’s seen before. Lightning jumps across the sky as Fox and company fly even closer. The object on the top of the mountain begins to move, and Fox begins to see that it’s strangely mammalian.

“Oh n… Fox, fa… ack… F… ll bac…” Lightning darts dangerously close by Falco’s Arwing

“Falco, be careful!” Slippy yells.

A bright flash of lightning jumps from the large animal across the sky, striking the right wing of Falco’s ship with a deafening crack. His Arwing spirals out of control.

“Falco!”

“Agh, dammit!” Falco’s ship begins smoking profusely, sparks being thrown into the air. “My systems are fried! I’m gonna have to back off!” Falco’s Arwing immediately falls below the clouds, and out of sight.

Another bolt of lightning streaks across the sky, which Slippy barely dodges with a roll. “How the heck are we supposed to beat this?!? I can’t analyze its shields!”

The animal takes a couple steps, rotating itself, and at once, Fox can see that it’s less animal and more machine, lights running over it in intricate patterns, just like the things they fought just before. “It looks like another one of those metal-possessed troops, but… a big elephant”.

“Link knows what this is!” Hoopa chimes in. “Vah Ruta is basically a Guardian but really really big. It must be running amok like the other smaller Guardians. See those- Watch out!”

The elephant lifts its trunk, and Fox can barely react before a pressurized flood of water shoots towards him. A split second before it hits Fox’s Arwing, a golden ring opens right in front of Fox, and he finds himself coming out of the ring on the other side of Vah Ruta.

“Thanks! I thought I was-”

“Why didn’t you do that for me?!?” Falco’s voice crackles through the radio.

“As I was saying, see those big red things on top of it?” Fox looks, seeing four large glowing red dome-looking implements on its back. “Aim there, Link says that’s probably your best chance at taking it down”.

Fox swerves to the right again, and not taking any chances, shoots a bomb at one of the red devices. It blows to pieces, and the lights on Vah Ruta flicker. “One down!”

“Don’t get cocky,” Slippy warns. “There are still three”.

“Booyah!” Hoopa yells, as Link’s Arwing fires off a cluster of shots, causing a second one to explode.

“I’ve got this one!” Slippy yells, curving up behind Vah Ruta, taking out the third.

“Link is ejecting!” Hoopa yells.

“Wait what? What do you mean-”

As Link and Hoopa’s Arwing fly over the last red nodule, Link rockets out the cockpit of the Arwing, flipping gracefully in the air. Reaching one arm behind his back, Link pulls out a bow, and with lightning fast speed, draws the string back with five electric yellow arrows all notched into it.

He lets the arrows loose, all five at the same time.

They speed down towards the last red dome, and hit it with a shockwave of power.

All the lights go off, and Vah Ruta goes completely still. Fox sees Link pull out a makeshift hanglider before falling out of sight. The Arwing Link was flying seems to float magically towards the ground, probably from Hoopa’s powers.

Fox waits a few seconds, waiting to see if the machine wakes up again, but as the clouds dissipate as fast as they appeared, it seems Vah Ruta’s off for good.

“All aircraft report!”

“Whoo! That was fun!” Hoopa yells.

“We did it! I was worried there for a moment…” Slippy responds.

“I’ve landed and I’m fine,” Falco says. “Are you okay over there Fox?”

“Great job everyone. Our mission is complete”.

Fox and Slippy land their Arwings near the base of Vah Ruta, where Hoopa and Falco set down theirs. Hopping out, he sees Falco already hard at work trying to fix up his ship.

“Everything is fucking fried,” Falco grumbles.

“Language”.

“Okay mom”.

“Hey don’t worry about it!” Slippy says, “I’ll get it back up and running in no time!”

Suddenly, a loud hissing sound echoes through the forest, emanating from the underside of Vah Ruta. a circular hole opens on the bottom.

Fox places his hand on his blaster, ready. “Eyes up, everyone”.

A fluorescent blue platform descends from the hole, and on top is a feminine figure, dressed in a large white robe with a hood and white jeweled boots, holding a leather-bound book and a long staff with a purple crystal on top of it.

Falco draws his gun.

“Wait,” Fox says, holding out his hand in front of Falco. “Let’s see what she wants”.

But before the woman can even reach the ground, Link dashes past Fox and Falco to greet her.

“Link! It’s you!” The woman lifts her hood, revealing a young woman with short, light purple hair. She wraps Link in a hug and smiles warmly. “How are you?”

“He can’t talk, unfortunately,” Hoopa responds. “Kindofalittle mute”.

“What? Well I have to look at that right away!” She smiles again, grasping Link’s hands. “We’re in a lot of trouble, but I’m so glad you’re safe”. She waves for Fox and his crew to follow them. “Sorry about the Guardians, but I thought you were one of the invaders from space, and didn’t know you were friendly until I saw Link jump out”. She looks from Fox to Falco. “They shouldn’t attack you or your friends if they come down”.

“How did you-”

“Vah Ruta could see you all in orbit”.

“Link has a question,” Hoopa says.

“Ask away”.

“Where’s Zelda?”

“Oh”. The woman freezes as she’s stepping onto the glowing blue platform. “She’s recovering. We were hurt pretty badly in the last fight, and she’s healing at the shrine on the plateau”. She steps up completely. “Come on, I’m sure you and your friends could use some help, and frankly, I need yours”.

Fox and Falco step onto the glowing blue lift.

“Hey Slippy, you’ll be okay, right? Call the others as soon as you can. Let them know it’s safe to come down”. The woman’s magical blue platform begins lifting up into Vah Ruta.

“Will do, Fox, right after I fix this”. Slippy gives a thumbs up, and slides under Falco’s Arwing. “Call me if you need me!” He yells.

They’re almost near the belly of Vah Ruta, almost fifty to a hundred meters off the ground. when it occurs to Fox he doesn’t know the woman’s name yet.

“So what’s your name, miss?”

“Oh.” The woman smiles. It doesn’t seem as warm this time. “You can call me Cia”.

Link steps back, confused.

Slippy screams from below.

All four Arwings explode.

And Cia, Fox, Falco, Link, and Hoopa disappear into the belly of Vah Ruta.

I have enough pieces. I don’t need you anymore.

You are missing some pieces. You will fail.

I will no-

If you’re missing some limbs, what will happen, I wonder? You bleed. You bleed until the waters run red, and creatures of the land are living off your blood.

Next Time: Luigi and Yoshi

Edited by Bok Choi