Vikavolt

Apollo

7 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Where can I evolve Charjabug into Vikavolt? I'm not terribly far in, but my playthrough would certainly be easier if my Charjabug evolved.

Terajuma Island...

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol I'm probably just impatient and it would've been obvious if I waited a bit. Thank you!

Welcome and no prob ;) 

I think you can evolve charjabug in goldenwood forest night...

17 minutes ago, S.paul said:

Welcome and no prob ;) 

I think you can evolve charjabug in goldenwood forest night...

This is incorrect. You're thinking of Alolan Marowak.

20 minutes ago, Gardevoir4president said:

That is strange. Charjabug is supposed to evolve the same was a magneton, yet it doesn't evolve outside the generator in the electric gym

Charjabug evolves on terajuma island

3 hours ago, Gardevoir4president said:

That is strange. Charjabug is supposed to evolve the same was a magneton, yet it doesn't evolve outside the generator in the electric gym

Perhaps Terajuma Island is supposed to simulate the Alolan climate? In the case of Sun/Moon, Charjabug evolves in Vast Poni Canyon due to its unique Magnetic Wave Field. Also, Pikachu can only evolve into A-Raichu on Terajuma island which seems to further corroborate the idea. Since we happen to have a Power Plant in West Gearen, perhaps it was intentional to split Charjabug and Magneton's evolution spots? After all, it makes sense that Charjabug would evolve from a natural phenomenon since it's a bug type, whereas Magneton being a steel type would require an artificial phenomenon.

Edited by Animefan666

13 hours ago, Animefan666 said:

Perhaps Terajuma Island is supposed to simulate the Alolan climate? In the case of Sun/Moon, Charjabug evolves in Vast Poni Canyon due to its unique Magnetic Wave Field. Also, Pikachu can only evolve into A-Raichu on Terajuma island which seems to further corroborate the idea. Since we happen to have a Power Plant in West Gearen, perhaps it was intentional to split Charjabug and Magneton's evolution spots? After all, it makes sense that Charjabug would evolve from a natural phenomenon since it's a bug type, whereas Magneton being a steel type would require an artificial phenomenon.

That's interesting , and you are probably right. How would you explain something like a Pokemon only evolving when traded

4 hours ago, Gardevoir4president said:

That's interesting , and you are probably right. How would you explain something like a Pokemon only evolving when traded

Well, the most sound theory imo is the act of being traded to some stranger triggers an extreme emotional response forcing it to evolve.

This pretty much sums it up:

1.) It could be the sadness of being traded away that contributes to this experience, it could be the ability to learn how to trust another trainer.

a.) Haunter needs more despair and sadness from being sent away by its trainer in order to evolve into Gengar.

b.) Machoke needs grief and loss to achieve stronger willpower in order to evolve into Machamp.

c.) Kadabra needs depression in order to gain psychotic powers and evolve into Alakazam.

d.) Graveler evolves into Golem when its heart is cracked and broken, causing immense stress (pressure).

2.) All other Pokemon require the use of items because the items are associated with their respective trainers' love and compassion, as such, the held items are like what teddy bears are to children at home alone when their parents are away.

18 hours ago, Animefan666 said:

Well, the most sound theory imo is the act of being traded to some stranger triggers an extreme emotional response forcing it to evolve.

This pretty much sums it up:

1.) It could be the sadness of being traded away that contributes to this experience, it could be the ability to learn how to trust another trainer.

a.) Haunter needs more despair and sadness from being sent away by its trainer in order to evolve into Gengar.

b.) Machoke needs grief and loss to achieve stronger willpower in order to evolve into Machamp.

c.) Kadabra needs depression in order to gain psychotic powers and evolve into Alakazam.

d.) Graveler evolves into Golem when its heart is cracked and broken, causing immense stress (pressure).

2.) All other Pokemon require the use of items because the items are associated with their respective trainers' love and compassion, as such, the held items are like what teddy bears are to children at home alone when their parents are away.

That's probably the best head canon I have seen

You can evolve also all alolan forms while leveling up on Terujama Island:

• Pikachu to Alolan Raichu with Thunderstone
  • Exeggcute to Alolan Exeggutor with Leaf Stone
  • Cubone to Alolan Marowak while leveling up to LV 28 at night time
  • And lastly leveling up Charjabug in Terujama Island will evolve it into Vikavolt

Those are the ones I know that will evolve while being on Terujama Island for the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2017 at 10:29 PM, kingjrcasanova said:

You can evolve also all alolan forms while leveling up on Terujama Island:

• Pikachu to Alolan Raichu with Thunderstone
  • Exeggcute to Alolan Exeggutor with Leaf Stone
  • Cubone to Alolan Marowak while leveling up to LV 28 at night time
  • And lastly leveling up Charjabug in Terujama Island will evolve it into Vikavolt

Those are the ones I know that will evolve while being on Terujama Island for the moment.

I've tried using thunderstone on Alolan Raichu while in the Deep Terajuma Island and it just becomes a normal raichu. Are the pancakes the only way? I'm stuck at the story where you can't go back to Gearen yet so I have no way of going back to Route 3.