Essential(s) Questions

Autumn Rain

Because many guides I found are either missing or outdated and certain categories and script lines can't be found.
Like, where is "PokemonUtilities" in v16.2? It's probably moved, deleted, renamed or something.

Anywho, I'm a beginner trying to familiarize RPG Maker XP and Essentials.
Although my tactics are simply "copy and paste" scripts, search guides and whatnot, my experience is... not much.

Perhaps these questions may help other people too.

Questions (mainly for quality and convenience):
1) Is there a script that I can copy & paste to replace the classic "letter by letter" name input box with "type only" name input box?
2) Following the above question, how can I increase the "character name limit" (pokemon, trainer & name rater's rename)?
3) How do you replace the game's default "orange sun icon" without hacking?
4) Is there such script for creating "semi transparent sprites" or do I have to manually edit the sprites?
5) Can the protagonist's "gender" be detected so that NPCs can use "he, she, him, her"?

btw pokemon utilities are under PSystem_Utilities in v16

1. go to script editor and set USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY = true in Settings

2. for trainer name - go to PokemonUtilities find this

trname=pbEnterText("Your name?",0,7) (change 7 to change the limit)

pokemon - go to Compiler in script editor and change

raise _INTL("Species name {1} is greater than 10 characters long (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)",value,currentmap) if value.length>10

to

raise _INTL("Species name {1} is greater than 20 characters long (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)",value,currentmap) if value.length>20 speciesnames[currentmap]=value

also change this in PokemonUtilities

pokemon.name=nickname[0,10] if nickname && nickname!="" change 10 to limit yo uwant

then find

newname=pbEnterText(helptext,0,10) again change the number

btw you'll aslo have to change limit on name rater when you make one

3. don't know this one

4. I think you have to manually edit the sprites but I'm not sure

5. yes this is possible

• Veterans

Because many guides I found are either missing or outdated and certain categories and script lines can't be found.

Like, where is "PokemonUtilities" in v16.2? It's probably moved, deleted, renamed or something.

Anywho, I'm a beginner trying to familiarize RPG Maker XP and Essentials.

Although my tactics are simply "copy and paste" scripts, search guides and whatnot, my experience is... not much.

Perhaps these questions may help other people too.

Questions (mainly for quality and convenience):

1) Is there a script that I can copy & paste to replace the classic "letter by letter" name input box with "type only" name input box?

2) Following the above question, how can I increase the "character name limit" (pokemon, trainer & name rater's rename)?

3) How do you replace the game's default "orange sun icon" without hacking?

4) Is there such script for creating "semi transparent sprites" or do I have to manually edit the sprites?

5) Can the protagonist's "gender" be detected so that NPCs can use "he, she, him, her"?

Since Njab ninja'd me I'll just answer 4 for you as you can edit this in RPGMaker when creating an event.

7cf1d1f9145c438f8b12c7fabad1c699.png

Use these options when choosing a graphic for your event and you should be good to go with making transparent sprites

• 2 weeks later...

I got another question that's been concerning me for a while...

2hx4zsy.jpg

This is from the Name Rater NPC, but as simple as this looks, this script is like

"Hey, the lines will break or divide when you hit OK!"

"You can't zoom out of this small box!"

"There is no guide in essentials to help you understand what is going on."

Help?

• Veterans

If you mean that you want to increase the amount of characters one can input for a name, make sure to have this changed in the script editor as well. Should be in Main, but there's probably another setting you have to change. Njab can probably point this out :v