Pokemon Project 001

Zygrado

So... first post on this site, just a little nervous. I was inspired to make some sort of fangame after looking through the forum's on Reborn, and meeting up with the wonderful creators of Pokémon Empire (go check them out if you haven't already). As such, I only have an idea, but I hope that people enjoy the concept. 

Pokémon Project 001 - A game set on the mountainous Phyrria region. The region itself is unexplored, and as such, you must explore the land to properly understand it's secrets. The game will progress with you, building as you travel, creating places as you visit others. 

"There was a time, once, where we considered humans such as yourself to be normal, like us. It was only after a year of suppression that we realized that dream wasn't true, could not be true."
"What, you think you're different? Why are you any different?"

"Being simply you isn't enough for us, I hope you realize. It's not just a game."

Pokémon Project 001 will be a story driven fangame, many different paths and many different branches. Not all content will simply be seen upon first arrival, you must explore, think about what you do, and how to properly become accustomed to the region.

As a final note, this game is based on the concept of morality. Take that into consideration while playing.

Hey! It is always cool to see another pokemon game being created!

54 minutes ago, Zygrado said:

"There was a time, once, where we considered humans such as yourself to be normal, like us. It was only after a year of suppression that we realized that dream wasn't true, could not be true."
"What, you think you're different? Why are you any different?"

"Being simply you isn't enough for us, I hope you realize. It's not just a game."

This little dialogue was enough to make me interested! Hope you actually come up with something great.

55 minutes ago, Zygrado said:

Pokémon Project 001 will be a story driven fangame, many different paths and many different branches. Not all content will simply be seen upon first arrival, you must explore, think about what you do, and how to properly become accustomed to the region.

Does this mean that our choices will affect the ending of the game?

56 minutes ago, Zygrado said:

As a final note, this game is based on the concept of morality. Take that into consideration while playing.

Hmm that's interesting! So if we make the choices that are morally right, we will be rewarded. I like how this sounds, but I don't quite think that this will be the most interesting way to follow. I mean, the real world doesn't always work like this and I would really like it if the game had some sort of realism. On the other hand, you can say that you will be creating an educating game that makes people think about what is wrong and what is right (morally). Well, you can do this as well, but you have to seriously think about the choices you are giving to the player to choose from. These choices must be hard and not clear that the one is wright and the others are wrong. This will make the players wonder if they made the right decision and this will lead them to enjoy the game more!

Good like on creating the game! I will be checking regularly :)

I didn't specify everything here, but I can give you general overview. Yes, the decisions you make in game exceptionally shift the plotlines for ALL characters, not just a few. And believe if or not, it will be morality based on realism. Any Pokémonyou "mistreat" (aka, using it as an HM slave, use them as fooder to heal other pokemon, etc...) there will be the chance of you losing your Pokémon... I'd go into more detail, but I don't want to give too much away.

21 minutes ago, Zygrado said:

I didn't specify everything here, but I can give you general overview. Yes, the decisions you make in game exceptionally shift the plotlines for ALL characters, not just a few. And believe if or not, it will be morality based on realism. Any Pokémonyou "mistreat" (aka, using it as an HM slave, use them as fooder to heal other pokemon, etc...) there will be the chance of you losing your Pokémon... I'd go into more detail, but I don't want to give too much away.

Haha! This got me interested! I always felt bad for turning certain pokemon to HM slaves. Hope your ideas help bring equality to all pokemon!

• 2 months later...

So, I'm not dead! For those wondering. Currently I'm working towards getting everything organized, deciding on proper starters (as there are two groups that you can choose from for two pokemon), and hopefully learning how to make some proper maps. There is already a slightly organized map that I have on paper, it'll just take quite a bit of work to get made into something proper. However, that is something I'll enjoy doing.... either way, I just wanted to give a quick update on progress. Ask questions as you'd like it!